HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Whatever happened to Champions of Fairfax? The Restaurant
Posted by: russell ()
Date: June 03, 2010 04:51AM

Does anyone know? Man I miss that place

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whatever happened to Champions of Fairfax? The Restaurant
Posted by: Area Man ()
Date: June 03, 2010 01:29PM

The owners ran it into the ground (weren't keeping it up and had stopped paying their bills) and the bartenders were giving away the bar to their friends. Towards the end the bartenders were actually bringing in bottles of booze they bought to replace the ones they had given away.

When the owners came in at 6AM to put a lock on the doors and shut the place down there were bartenders partying there with friends.

Re: Whatever happened to Champions of Fairfax? The Restaurant
Posted by: Area Man2 ()
Date: June 04, 2010 03:20PM

I recall hearing that one of the "bills" the owners stopped paying was the IRS for payroll taxes. Restaurant shut down suddenly in 1995, just as we were fixing up a house we bought a couple blocks away. I remember going for carry-out burgers one day while we were painting - went back the next day and found it locked up.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.