HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
UPS hub in Chantilly, VA
Posted by: Angered ()
Date: February 15, 2010 02:14PM

Does anyone else have UPS packages en route from last week that haven't made it? My package has been delayed YET AGAIN today at the Chantilly, VA location for "ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS".

The roads are clear! FedEx is out delivering in force!

And now they tell me that I can't even pick up my package until they make at least one delivery attempt. Then attempt it damnit!

I wouldn't bother posting but while looking for a local phone number "googled UPS in chantilly, va" I found tons of other super angry recent UPS reviews. Anyone else have trouble getting packages?

by kwame
02/15/2010

This is f....k up, UPS kept my package at their chantilly location since 02/11/2010. when I call them to pick it up myself, they claim they have to make at least one delivery attempt before i can drive to pick it up. today is 02/15/2010., and they have still not delivered the package. i will never use UPS again. ..... go FedEx!!!

by VA Shopper
02/15/2010

Usually have no problems with delivery, but...this snow in VA has made it difficult to get through and get any information at all. Records keep showing "out for delivery" and then phone system says "on its way to you" whatever that means. Still no packages and cannot pick up from Chantilly facility that is nearby. Roads are clear. Agent phones are busy...very exasperating, especially when waiting for medications.

by really mad customer
02/14/2010

These guys are pathetic. Roads were clear and refused to deliver a package I needed by friday morning because I was going out of town. Customer service was worthless and did not help at all. They would not even allow me to pick it up from the chantilly office and delviered after I was out of town. Save the headache use fed ex. They stink.

by disapp.,.
02/14/2010

These guys suck...they do noting and give some fake answer. A*S H0les

by m.lotane@...
02/13/2010

I am so extremely upset with UPS. My medication which I need very badly is sitting in the Chantilly UPS. You are so obviously unequipped that you could not deliver it because of the inclement weather. What is your problem? Our streets are accessible. If you keep this up - you might as well hand over all of your business to Fed EX!! It would serve you right!!

Pat

by Angela
02/13/2010

There have been 3 FedEx trucks delivering in my neighborhood in the last 2 days, but UPS has canceled all deliveries for 3 DAYS IN A ROW due to "adverse weather conditions". When I called the pathetic excuse for a customer service line, the response was "we have no idea when this package will be able to be delivered due to road conditions". When I told the woman that FedEx is delivering all over my neighborhood, her response was "I can't speak for the actions of another carrier". No need to lady, they speak for themselves.

When I asked if I could drive to the Chantilly location to pick it up myself, her response was "they must make one delivery attempt before the package can be available for customer pick-up" Then MAKE ONE for goodness sake!!!! The roads are CLEAR!!!!

Bottom line, if you want your package to be delivered, USE FEDEX!!!

by Avi8r87
02/13/2010

Never using UPS again. Never.
Package originally delayed to weather, understandable since we had a big snow storm. Package goes out a few days later on truck. Package returns to the service center because of an "Emergency Scan." I call UPS to figure out what this "Emergency" is, given that its not snowing, roads are plowed. I ask to just pick the package up at this service center.

UPS lady says service center will call within the hour to schedule the pick-up details for me. Of course, they never called. So, I called the UPS 800 number back, only to be disconnected because of the high call volume. I try for about 45 minutes and then realize they're never going to call.

The next morning, I log in to the tracking system, only to find out that UPS says they DID call to arrange a pick up. Given that I gave them two contact numbers, neither one had a missed call or a voicemail; I think it is reasonable to assume they never called.

Also, on the tracking, they retroactively changed the delay due to "Adverse weather conditions." Mr. UPS Man, if I can drive (hell--even walk) the WHOLE ENTIRE 6-miles from my house to your service station, chances are you can too; especially when all of the roads are clear.

When I call back, the agent tells me that the service center had called and left a message including a pickup time from last night. And now today, Saturday, the service center is closed. Well isn't that just amazing?

I told the agent that I will NEVER be using UPS again for time-critical information and her response was, "UPS is the #1 shipper in the world." I politely said "Not if they keep unnecessarily delaying packages, that I was willing to pick-up my own self."

by Angry
02/12/2010

My package was to be shipped from MN to Northern VA. UPS decided to send the package from MN to IN, then to Richmond, then to New Stanton PA, then back to Richmond then to Chantilly. The package was several days late and they kept saying EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL. If I can drive to Chantilly to pick up my package then why cant UPS get to my house? All I asked for was to be able to pick up my package at the Customer Center. I went to Chantilly and no one made any attempt to locate my package nor provide andy meaningful infromation. Poor customer service - they simply dont care.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: UPS hub in Chantilly, VA
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: February 15, 2010 02:23PM

I did notice that when I was having some stuff shipped via UPS - back when there was NO snow on the ground it said "En route to delivery" or something like that - for 3 days. This was after it showed being checked in to Chantilly UPS at 11:30pm the night before. I hardly think it takes 3 days to go 10 miles.

Posted by: oh my god ()
Date: February 15, 2010 02:27PM

OMG i was about to post the exact same thing! my package has been delayed THREE times now even though it has been in chantilly since WEDNESDAY and the roads are FINE!

does anyone know where this UPS sorting facility is? i can't find it on google. i'm about to show up and just be very angry.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: February 15, 2010 02:30PM

Be thankful it wasnt sent by U S Postal Service. I havent received any mail since Thursday Feb 4.

Yesterday I saw a UPS driver park his truck at the bottom of a hill and walk up to make deliveries. This would never happen at the post office.
Attachments:
lazy-mailman.jpg
2121.jpg

Date: February 15, 2010 02:36PM

Tim45, really? Wow really? I didn't have mail for the first couple days after the storm but it definitely came last Thursday/Friday.

oh my god, it's at 4455 Stonecroft Blvd behind the Chantilly Auto Park. I'll see you there! :)

And I just re-read my post and it sounded kind of bitchy, so sorry about that. But I'm still real worried that if my package doesn't make it today the little bit of snow we're about to get will delay it for ANOTHER week. Going to the sort facility, wish me luck.

Posted by: wtfno ()
Date: February 15, 2010 02:37PM

UPS is terrible. If I have a say in the matter when I order something, it comes FedEx.

One of the above reviews/comments was similar to what happened to me. I was out of town and called UPS customer service to see if they could page the driver and have him hold it/take it back to the hub. I was told no. I've called FedEx before and they have been able to page their drivers and hold stuff.

I've seen a few FedEx trucks today. UPS just doesn't want to try. And, of course, they probably have a weather exception in place, so there is no guarantee or refunds; bent over a barrel.

Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: February 15, 2010 03:12PM

I've been waiting for some paperwork for work since last Monday.

The excuses last Thursday and Friday AND Sat., were that the roads were dangerous. lol! They've been clear for days now and so has this area.

Posted by: TomMadison ()
Date: February 15, 2010 03:17PM

Going to the hub in Chantilly will not help if the package status is 'Out for Delivery'. We had this happen after the December 19th snow with nearly every Xmas present for my family delivered on the 28th.

Posted by: Mr Captcha ()
Date: February 15, 2010 03:24PM

I ordered some stuff last week. We found it on our front step this morning. FedEx seems to be getting it done.

Posted by: Zoom ()
Date: February 15, 2010 03:24PM

Just saw the UPS truck flying down our 10-house street. Practicing for tomorrow when the school kids will be walking down the road.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: February 15, 2010 03:31PM

Funny, thing, I had 2 packages, one in Fedex and one in UPS. The UPS one got delivered on Thursday but the Fedex one said local delivery delay and they had to wait until today to deliver it. This was after it got sent all the way back to Utah becuase the address was somehow incorrect, even though I called them while it was still in the state, they said they couldnt intercept it.

I'm never using Fedex again

Posted by: MATT LEESBURG ()
Date: February 15, 2010 04:28PM

I have the same problem here in Leesburg. I guess I'll get my package in the spring.. (Maybe) I have had some flowers delivered from Pro Flowers was ordered way before this snow crap started and was suppost to have been delivered last Wednesday. I get it... You couldn't deliver on Wednesday due to snow storm... What about THursday? Friday? Saturday? Today? No, No, No, No... It updates and says "OUT FOR DELIVERY" you call the customer service and they say oh they have until 7pm to deliver and then magically after 7pm the status changes from OUT FOR DELIVERY TO Adverse WEATHER CONDITIONS... The roads are clear and have been clear. These lazy ass UPS Africans can't do crap!!

I called back again two hrs ago and was told they would send a message to the Chantilly center and they would call me within an hour... AH HA have a gotten a return call?? NOPE!! My flowers are dead now somewhere in a lazy ass african americans truck somewhere in Northern Virginia.

Date: February 15, 2010 04:29PM

someone needs to call FOX 5 for them to do a story on this crap!!

Date: February 15, 2010 05:21PM

UPDATE: UPS truck next door.. ran him down. said didnt have my package but status says OUT FOR DELIVERY. Called call center back demanded to speak to supervisor after chantilly hub was suppost to have called me back. Now the supervisor Randy SMC176 states that the hub instead of calling me back put in a note saying : not out for delivery due to adverse weather. Supervisor states they are backed up due to last weeks snow. Apparently 1 day down they back up for a whole week. How pathetic.

The UPS driver I ran down next door acted as if he didnt know they where backed up and said he took half the packages and another driver has the other half. Didnt know where my packages where and couldnt help me. Early AM UPS customer service told me they where out for delivery today and now the supervisor says NO they aren't and didnt give me an answer to when I will receive them.

I will never ever use UPS again... If a company uses UPS I will not purchase from them. I hope they go out of business... The supervisor on the phone had the gawd awful never to ask me "DID I NOT KNOW THE WEATHER IN WHICH WE HAD IN OUR AREA"? I said... "OF COURSE I DO.. I DUG OUT OF 3 foot of snow a WEEK AGO!!"

UGH!!!! ****SCREAM******

Date: February 15, 2010 05:28PM

Hey all, I'm the original poster and just got back from the UPS hub in Chantilly.

Apparently my package is in Burtonsville, MD. The tracking information SAYS there was an arrival scan in Chantilly, VA on 2/13 but apparently this was a "logical scan" and not a "physical scan" and my package is still on a truck in MD right now.

Total bullshit, but not the fault of the local Chantilly, VA hub. I'm still furious and only ever using FedEx from now on but it's not the Chantilly UPS workers fault, at least in my situation.

Hey UPS, how about you give us the ACTUAL tracking information that your hub employees have, not this feel good bullshit tracking you provide to your customers. If my package is still in Maryland don't lie and tell me it's in Chantilly!

Delayed again for "ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS" what the fuck. It's snowing again so my package won't be here until Spring?

Date: February 15, 2010 05:43PM

apparently they have no idea where my packages are... no idea when they will be here either... Oh well I'm trashing UPS on every website I can find.. I sent an email to FOX 5 and KANE show about this crap. Hopefully someone will do a story on these lazy fucks!!

Posted by: Ya wanna know why? ()
Date: February 15, 2010 06:32PM

I can sum this up in 5 words:

UPS=Union
FedEx=Non-union.

Posted by: kojak ()
Date: February 15, 2010 07:50PM

same problems over here

ridiculous or no tracking updates

blatant lies from customer service or no clear cut answers

the funny thing is the UPS driver dropped off packages at our neighborhood the past 3 business days...my package however is nowhere to be found

Posted by: J.D. Walker ()
Date: February 15, 2010 08:30PM

Matt Leesburg,
You sent something to the Kane show? Why? Kane's a big douchebag loser.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 15, 2010 08:44PM

UPS was DOA on ETA at my HOR. FUBAR.

Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: February 15, 2010 09:24PM

MATT LEESBURG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> apparently they have no idea where my packages
> are... no idea when they will be here either... Oh
> well I'm trashing UPS on every website I can
> find.. I sent an email to FOX 5 and KANE show
> about this crap. Hopefully someone will do a story
> on these lazy fucks!!

That's just what the world needs, The Kane Show Douche Squad shoving "investigative reporting" in everyone's faces.

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: February 15, 2010 09:46PM

Count me in with the disgruntled "Where the hell is my package UPS?" crowd. Between my wife and I we have like 4 or 5 packages have been due since the snowstorm. One of them was supposed to be delivered last Tuesday!

I guess the jokes on the poor UPS driver who has to haul all that crap up here.

Posted by: JL ()
Date: February 15, 2010 10:49PM

I'm in the same boat. I was supposed to have flowers delivered on 2/11, then it got delayed until 2/12, and then 2/15. Now it's scheduled for 2/16, but the flowers are obviously ruined by now. The company I ordered from kindly overnighted a replacement as well as some bonus stuff, so hopefully that will arrive tomorrow.

When I spoke with a supervisor at UPS, I was told even though there was a "logical scan" at Chantilly on Friday night, the package never left Burtonsville MD, and it's been "sitting in a trailer" since thursday afternoon! The roads are fine - inexcusable.

Posted by: karmadispenser ()
Date: February 15, 2010 10:56PM

I'm right there with you. I called on Thursday and they said I couldn't pick up my item 'till there has been a delivery attempt. Well, attempt delivery bitches!!! I'm going to work, so can you.

Posted by: stillshoveling ()
Date: February 15, 2010 11:19PM

It's bad luck for some folks I guess. We had residential delivery by UPS on our unplowed one-way disaster of a street in Centreville on Feb. 8 and 9. I thought they did an excellent job.

I would further comment that you are a) mistaken if you think the snow has not affected Fedex and more importantly b) fools, if you think the total incapacitation of our local transportation network will not affect transportation delivery service, whether by air or ground. It cannot be business as usual.

Posted by: UPS MAN ()
Date: February 16, 2010 07:16AM

What happens is when there's a big snow storm is far more than simply your street. Planes can't land in area. Trucks can't get to the hub. Then when they can they show up in waves backing the hub up. Rental trucks were added to the fleet as well as extra temp drivers to try to get the stuff out. Then Poorly plowed streets that are one lane and still slippery to a heavy UPS truck ( rather you want to think that or not ) and all those that simply do not clear a walkway for the driver, severely slow down delivery. The trucks only hold so much and drivers can only do so much. I know you are all upset now, but trust me when I say UPS is trying everything they can and drivers are out as late as they are permitted to get you your packages. Today when you are back to work and your neighborhoods have less cars cluttering them up will make it easier too. You folks are in the way sometimes. Patience, Brown is coming and will restore your confidence

Posted by: kojak ()
Date: February 16, 2010 07:19AM

^

Far more answer/truth two hours on the phone with 4 different customer reps ever gave me.

Thanks, I guess.

Posted by: Jim41 ()
Date: February 16, 2010 07:46AM

UPS is a UNION organization and therefore looks for excuses to avoid performance. FEDEX ground is much more reliable. I have been waiting for my 2 day delivery for a week. Chantilly must be a party as they are obviously not doing any work. Do you think they subcontracted their delivery activities to VDOT?

Posted by: ugh ()
Date: February 16, 2010 07:55AM

Jim41 Wrote:
> UPS is a UNION organization and therefore looks
> for excuses to avoid performance. FEDEX ground is
> much more reliable. I have been waiting for my 2
> day delivery for a week. Chantilly must be a party
> as they are obviously not doing any work. Do you
> think they subcontracted their delivery activities
> to VDOT?

Same.

I'm sure this is similar to all other situations:

Rescheduled Delivery Date:02/16/2010
Shipped To: CENTREVIL, VA, US
Shipped/Billed On: 02/08/2010
Type:Package
Service:2ND DAY AIR
Weight:5.00 Lbs

CHANTILLY, VA, US 02/13/2010 7:50 P.M. DESTINATION SCAN
CHANTILLY, VA, US 02/12/2010 12:00 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED
CHANTILLY, VA, US 02/11/2010 1:50 P.M. THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE
02/11/2010 12:00 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED
CHANTILLY, VA, US 02/10/2010 12:00 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED
02/10/2010 4:54 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
02/10/2010 4:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LAUREL, MD, US 02/10/2010 2:00 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
LAUREL, MD, US 02/09/2010 9:22 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/09/2010 4:38 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
EDISON, NJ, US 02/09/2010 1:20 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
EDISON, NJ, US 02/08/2010 9:44 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 02/08/2010 12:07 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

No updates since the 13th. I was home all day when they "attempted" their first delivery. So I know that's a blatant lie. Also my package doesn't even require a signature so I don't know what that's all about.

Posted by: CRS ()
Date: February 16, 2010 09:11AM

It's only business 'as usual' if UPS is in the business of mis-information, inconsistency and an utter lack of respect. I had 3 packages sitting at the facility since last Tuesday and one Next Day air that never made it. The latter was out for delivery yesterday but somehow just couldn't make it and was updated at 8:30 pm as "EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL". Anyone have a guess on those 'conditions' in Centreville?

Forget trying to drive there and pick them up. Spoke with a lady there and she has no idea what happened. When they returned packages starting on the 9th that were out for delivery, they just tossed them on trailers. No scanning/tracking as to what packages are on what trailers. Their response: we'll get to them when we get to them. Great feeling knowing your owed, personal property is being withheld by a 3rd party with a worthless excuse.

I've contacted BBB and Fox 5 so we'll see if they offer anything up.

Posted by: hopeful ()
Date: February 16, 2010 09:45AM

I just received an automated voicemail telling me someone needed to be home for my package today. Will it actually show up?

Posted by: Jim41 ()
Date: February 16, 2010 11:50AM

Why do they just drop the packages off in the US Mail? We will get them tomorrow.

Posted by: hopeful no more ()
Date: February 16, 2010 12:37PM

Now it says Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.

I ordered something Next Day Air from Kentucky yesterday. What exactly could have slowed it down?

Posted by: antoniosc ()
Date: February 16, 2010 12:59PM

Same thing here...Ordered gourmet strawberries for my wife for Vday. They were due to be delivered on 2/11. They were late in picking up the shipment so it was delayed to 2/12. UPS came by on that day but not with my package. Checked tracking at 8pm and it was rescheduled to Monday. Of course, the strawberries were ruined. I called the company and they sent out a replacement "overnight". Checked tracking this morning and the package was in Springfield at 7am. 10am status is "Adverse weather conditions". I guess my wife is not meant to get these strawberries.

Posted by: fl ()
Date: February 16, 2010 01:11PM

I was supposed to receive a UPS package last Thursday. Delayed delayed delayed.

It was "out for delivery" all day yesterday. At about 7PM I'd given up hope. However my door knocked, door bell rang, and I sprinted downstairs. Not 5 seconds later he was already in his truck skidding off before I could yell "thanks".

The poor guys have been pretty busy lately. Sounds like poor local HUB management decisions (e.g. keeping the trucks IN on days when the competition was more than able to get out and deliver).

But cmon...everyone knows FedEx is better than UPS. and this only solidifies. UPS only when its your only option.

Posted by: Jenna ()
Date: February 16, 2010 03:21PM

This is a massive problem right now in the greater Baltimore, MD area too. I was just doing a google search to see if there was some sort of report about the lack of UPS deliveries... absolutely no packages seem to be getting anywhere. (My own packages have been sitting in a truck since the 9th.) Fed Ex has been up and doing their deliveries, even on Sundays. The USPS has resumed normal delivery days ago.

The UPS customer service rep on the phone would not answer any questions, and just said said 'due to adverse weather conditions, we can't deliver'. It's sunny and the streets are plenty plowed for other delivery companies??? My tracking info hasn't even been updated for days.

I wonder what's really happening with UPS? They can't be at a 100% standstill for the entire Mid Atlantic region. Is there some strike we are not privy to??

Posted by: KKR ()
Date: February 16, 2010 04:59PM

Has anyone tried going to the location on Stonecroft? Is it any use?

Posted by: ??????? ()
Date: February 16, 2010 08:06PM

any updates?

my package went from out for delivery to emergency conditions beyond ups' control AGAIN

f this

Date: February 16, 2010 09:07PM

All 4 of my packages are "out for delivery" as of this morning. That being said, I still have yet to receive anything at all.

Date: February 16, 2010 09:36PM

And now all 4 of them have "EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL" as of 8 PMish. And since there wasn't a serious delivery attempt, I can't go down to the hub to arrange pick up.

These new pickup rules blow my mind since I'm pretty sure if I pick these up myself, it'll save my UPS driver a stop.

Posted by: Luis - Fairfax, VA ()
Date: February 16, 2010 09:41PM

Same problem with UPS, not receiving a package that has been "Out for Delivery" since Thursday, 2/11. Same answer when you call Customer "support" center.

I'll try not to use UPS anymore if possible, as most people says FEDEX has a way better service. I ordered a package overnight on Friday and received it in my door on Monday at 9 AM.

Posted by: TS ()
Date: February 16, 2010 10:49PM

I like what was said above about trying to understand the whole situation.

We had airport closings, rd closings, and inability for many to get to work or navigate streets due to the historical amount of snow we've had lately. MD got it worse in parts, therefore any packages traveling through other affected areas will be delayed. Its not union related, its not race, its not anything like that. Plain and simple, the snow snarled everything. Does UPS service stink? Yes, because with this significant of an event, a special circumstance, something should be set up within customer service (press release?) identifying this problem and explaining the solution.

But, to sit back (Matt in Leesburg) and spout racist comments, blaming, etc is just stupid. Its obviously a problem affecting a large area, businesses and persons alike, and it'll take a little time. By all means make your point to UPS, but don't go raising torches against those who work in Chantilly hub, individual truck drivers, or the poor rep who has to sit on the phone giving the only answers he or she may be allowed to give. Place the frustration where its due, and let's not be so shallow as to act like idiots and say its "so and so black driver's fault". For real.

Posted by: Fuck ups ()
Date: February 17, 2010 12:13AM

I had a package that was supose robe delivered today and it now says adverse weather it wasin chantilly at 500am they delivered 2 days after the 32 inch storm and 1day after the 10inch and also yesterday idont know what the he'll is diffrent about today. I think upsjust wants a break which is un acceptable!

Posted by: FX LADY ()
Date: February 17, 2010 12:56AM

I called and complained to the US Postal Office because we didn't get mail for 8 days. I had medicine coming. Today a man called me from Merrifield asking did I have a tracking number for the package. They did try to help me locate the package and I have to give them kudos for that. In the meantime after the phone call my medicine did arrive. Also, my husand used to work for DHL as a supervisor. If you are on the other side of this issue (yes and I do understand your frustration) you have no idea how hard these people tried to get packages to people. How many trucks had to be rescued when they were stuck, accidents, etc., contractors called to help out, airplanes that are delayed so they don't even get the stuff to go out for delivery, etc. There is always two sides to every story.

Posted by: give me a break ()
Date: February 17, 2010 06:51AM

the whole "they're working as hard as they can" thing would make me feel better if I weren't reading their own workers' forums where it seems most of the drivers are marking packages as "emergency conditions" just because they don't feel like delivering it on top of management telling them to do so just to "look good on paper."

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/snow-s-no-missed-pkgs-305096/
http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/snow-dud-306275/
http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/record-snow-307730/

sorry, but this is the final nail in the coffin for UPS for me

FedEx has won me over delivering packages 2 days after the big storm and even dropping one off on a sunday

Posted by: AB ()
Date: February 17, 2010 07:26AM

It's hillarious how many of the posters here sound like 5 year olds instead of being able to intelligently and maturely understand the situation, contact (and maybe blame) the right person, and not assume the worst in people.

Posted by: Re: AB ()
Date: February 17, 2010 07:47AM

A) What would that situation be? UPS sure as hell won't take their time to explain it to their customers. Please don't state the weather BS either. There is no reason FedEx was up and running smoothly some 48 hours later whereas UPS is still at a standstill.

B) Who should we contact that is the "right person." I contacted CSRs, warehouse managers and drivers...I got no answers other than the "Adverse Weather Conditions" spiel.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: February 17, 2010 07:54AM

AB Wrote:
"...and not assume the worst in people."

I always assume the worst in people (especially in the service industry) and I am almost always vindicated by their actions. Sad, really.

Posted by: Cody Specketer ()
Date: February 17, 2010 07:59AM

Where are my fucking flowered pumps? I have been waiting forever! Don't ever fuck with a woman's shoes...SCREW UPS!

Date: February 17, 2010 08:25AM

All I'm saying is the tendancy on here to jump to a conclusion and assume the worst in someone and just rip on them (i.e. a driver being directed by a manager) is wrong. Its a pain the way these delays are happening, and surely UPS is hearing about it from angry customers. They'll take a hit, for sure.

I've been waiting for a package since Fri and its been "out for delivery" 3 times. Its a pain, but some of the comments here have just been over the top.

Just saying, some of the comments here are ridiculous, and its nice to see the few that were sensible.

As an aside, we had a truck FULL of packages come by yesterday. Ours wasn't on it, but they are out and trying to deliver in huge volumes. Good to see, finally.

Posted by: hopeful ()
Date: February 17, 2010 09:36AM

Just received the overnight package that was supposed to be here yesterday, along with a few packages that should have arrived last week.

Date: February 17, 2010 11:26AM

All -

If you haven't seen, last night FFX Underground got a nice shout out from Fox 5 (http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/snowfall-cleanup-delays-mail-packages-021610).

I contacted them after my own frustrations (yes, I'm the wedding shoes guy), and reading comments on here and Yahoo Local. Before it aired I was contacted by someone at UPS HQs in Atlanta. Of course they're sticking to the weather effecting their services. It will probably continue to degrade service for the remainder of the week. They are delivering packages from last week along with new packages that arrive each day.

That said there were definitely process improvements that need to happen and will hopefully be addressed after the dust settles (i.e., allowing people to go to Chantilly and get their package).

If you have a time senstive or perishable item still sitting there, post a comment here and I'll be more than happy to pass along the phone number and name of the gentleman who contacted me.

Hope everyone's packages start to arrive after that bit of media attention. I did notice last night UPS has even rented Penske moving trucks to back-fill for their branded UPS trucks to deliver packages.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: February 17, 2010 11:31AM

Attachments:
captain obvious.jpg

Date: February 17, 2010 11:35AM

Cool CRS, thanks for the info!

Posted by: sad quilter ()
Date: February 17, 2010 12:32PM

I bought some quilting software off of Ebay on February 2, and it has been at Chantilly since 2/12/10 and I can't go get it because it has to be attempted delivery it was out on the truck yesterday but because of Adverse weather conditions didn't make it here. My son ordered some car parts that arrived yesterday one box looked liked it had gone through a battle but was in good shape because of packing.

It does seem to be wrong if we are willing to go there that it would help clear up the bottle neck and make a lot of angry people happy.

Posted by: VEIK ()
Date: February 17, 2010 01:06PM

I had a delayed delivery one time with Fedex.

I just shopped up at 6 am at their Alexandria sorting facility before the drivers got there and made them pull my shit from the truck

LOL

it worked...

Date: February 17, 2010 07:06PM

I work in the transportation and cargo industry and would like to take the time to explain exactly how this snowstorm has created havoc with our industry but it would a) take too long and b) no one would buy it anyway.

Suffice to say I give you one example to demonstrate that FedEx has also been affected by this snowstorm. All you UPS haters that are convinced only they have been affected - please review the tracking information from Fedex below and explain why my package of 25 lbs has not yet arrived:

Feb 17, 2010 3:42 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery, CHANTILLY, VA
Feb 16, 2010 6:59 PM Delivery exception CHANTILLY, VA Local weather delay
Feb 16, 2010 3:19 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery, CHANTILLY, VA
Feb 15, 2010 6:48 PM Delivery exception CHANTILLY, VA Local delivery restriction
Feb 12, 2010 6:22 PM Delivery exception CHANTILLY, VA Local weather delay
Feb 12, 2010 5:38 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery, CHANTILLY, VA
Feb 11, 2010 12:58 PM At local FedEx facility CHANTILLY, VA
Feb 9, 2010 2:03 PM Arrived at FedEx location HAGERSTOWN, MD
Feb 9, 2010 6:01 AM In transit PITTSTON, PA
Feb 9, 2010 1:44 AM Departed FedEx location WILLINGTON, CT
Feb 8, 2010 8:40 PM Arrived at FedEx location WILLINGTON, CT
Feb 8, 2010 6:22 PM Left FedEx origin facility WILMINGTON, MA
Feb 8, 2010 5:44 PM Arrived at FedEx location WILMINGTON, MA
Feb 8, 2010 4:28 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
Feb 8, 2010 3:34 PM Picked up WILMINGTON, MA

Posted by: UPS Guy ()
Date: February 17, 2010 09:09PM

what you need to remember is our trucks only hold so much and we are only allowed to work so late ( DOT regulations ) Tuesday morning we had 20 trailers that were sitting there that did not get processed. Meaning they were not pulled off to go out for delivery. The reason was all our trucks were already full. As of today all trucks were processed and there were no waiting trailers. That's the good news. The bad is that we still were not able to wave a magic wand and get everything delivered. Some places that were getting delivered are now backing up a little so that the other places can be caught up as well. We are working as long as we are allowed to get you your stuff. I promise you that Fed Ex, The Postal service have had the same problems. What you need to remember is that Fed Ex does not do all that we do with one truck. They have 1 driver to deliver their next days another to pick them up. Then Ground is a separate company that contracts the work from Fed Ex. Ever try to give a Fed Ex ground package to a Express driver...it aint happening. I am not saying they're a bad company, just different. At UPS 1 driver must deliver the next day packages, then the business, then start the residential, stop and go do pick ups from their route, then continue with the residential area. Most of the time this is so flawless that there is no time to think about were your package is. This time we had a record breaking snow that shut down the area. Seriously think about how bad it's been out there when you try to leave your one lane neighborhood. We have a plan to be caught up by the end of this week. Like I said before, We have rental trucks, and extra drivers out in force to assist in the clean up. Be patient folks...at least for 2 more days when we'll be caught up. While you wait please clean your walk, Thanks

Posted by: wtfno ()
Date: February 17, 2010 09:21PM

Appreciate your reply, however.....

UPS Guy Wrote:
> Tuesday morning we had 20
> trailers that were sitting there that did not get
> processed. Meaning they were not pulled off to go
> out for delivery. The reason was all our trucks
> were already full.

In other words, too lazy to unload.

> I promise you that Fed Ex, The Postal
> service have had the same problems.

I'm sure they did, however they seemed to get back on the road pretty quickly after the storm hit. You guys are still dicking around.

> What you need
> to remember is that Fed Ex does not do all that we
> do with one truck. They have 1 driver to deliver
> their next days another to pick them up. Then
> Ground is a separate company that contracts the
> work from Fed Ex. Ever try to give a Fed Ex ground
> package to a Express driver...it aint happening. I
> am not saying they're a bad company, just
> different. At UPS 1 driver must deliver the next
> day packages, then the business, then start the
> residential, stop and go do pick ups from their
> route, then continue with the residential area.

In other words, FedEx knows how to run a proper delivery business. UPS tries to cut corners where possible and it shows when something like this happens.

> We have a plan to be caught up by
> the end of this week. Like I said before, We have
> rental trucks, and extra drivers out in force to
> assist in the clean up. Be patient folks...at
> least for 2 more days when we'll be caught up.

You have a plan, got extra drivers, and rented trucks because you got blasted by Fox 5.

Date: February 17, 2010 09:40PM

Now I'll address the many post about UPS being a Union company.( and a few other things ) The Union does not mean that drivers now do not have rules to follow, or that they can now be lazy. The union guarantees that drivers are well paid for their service, and have benefits. Also that the company provide them with a lunch break, and a fair days work. We all enjoy and respect UPS as our employer, but remember how we were treated by them before the union. Drivers have more rules to follow than at any other company I know of, and are disciplined when they do not follow them. There are dress requirements to keep us looking professional. There are commit times on everything too. Technology allows supervisors to see exactly where you are, and exactly what is left on your truck. GPS linked satellites can track were we placed your package within 10 inches. ( We really do know were every package has been and is now ) Our system starts talking to the next point it's going the minute the label is produced. So every computer along the way of that package knows it is expected and which way to route it immediately. Sometimes this gives you a false track when say the truck breaks down before it made it to Chantilly. Now your package says it's in Chantilly but it's really on the side of the road in Philadelphia. A lot of the problems that occur at UPS are not from the union but rather UPS making yet another cost cutting action. (I wish they never went public on the market myself.) There is a contract between the union and UPS That you can view here ( http://tdu.org/node/1617 ) The company violates it daily, and disciplines the dumbest things... like taking a day off to go to the dentist. You should have been at work so warning letter. next offense with attendance in a 9 month period is a suspension then termination. Some one hit you while you were parked in the loading zone... warning letter, that was avoidable next time you're terminated. A dog ran up and bit you...warning letter, that was an avoidable injury. You're accident prone so we'll put you through a ton of corporate videos about safety until you can keep from getting hurt. LOL it sounds stupid because it is. Yet this is only some of the petty stuff we deal with daily so that you can complain when there's a record snow fall and you don't have your package...sigh

Date: February 17, 2010 09:45PM

You fail to listen. Not to lazy to unload...no place to put them
A: the other guys are still behind too. I speak with them daily. Sorry but Fed Ex is too
B: They do not do even 1/2 the volume we do. so keep that in your head
Nothing to do wit Fox rather you want to believe that or not
I am offering to you the truth about what is going on nothing else

Posted by: stop crying ()
Date: February 17, 2010 10:10PM

the ups guy said they had rented trucks before fox ever got involved. i think he is right and that fox only talked about a bunch of people complaining about something. they would have done the same thing if it was a fast food place too. i am glad that a ups guy is telling it like it is. i had a few things delayed but i mean really, how important is it really that you get that new shirt right away. i think that ups obviously does provide great service or nobody on here would be complaining. we are so spoiled by them that when something happens we cant take it. stop complaining and lets see how you feel about ups in a month.

Posted by: UPS Customer ()
Date: February 17, 2010 10:14PM

UPS Guy,

Your posts are a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes. Thank you very much for sharing. I'm sure others will come by and say hurtful things but the majority of us truly do appreciate your insight. Thank you.

- Just some customer

Posted by: FFX Neighbor ()
Date: February 17, 2010 10:16PM

The USP truck that came down our street today was greeted by a utility crew fixing underground utilities. There were 5 cars in front of him waiting to turn the corner and 5 more waiting to come out of the same street he was trying to turn onto.

When it finally became his turn to turn the corner, it was clear his truck would not fit between the utility crew and the snow banks. He parked his truck, unloaded his packages onto a hand cart and slip slided his way over 3" of rutted ice and WALKED the packages down the entire street.

I commended him. He said to me, "We've had some negative press lately. I can't go back with packages on the truck!"

This guy could easily have turned his truck around at the first sign of the impossible backup he faced, but he didn't.

I just hope the other drivers are a conscientious as this one.

Date: February 17, 2010 10:24PM

BTW, I have tried to find a way to send a letter to UPS about this guy (with more specific information) but their stupid website doesn't really allow that. I can only find a place to submit a "General" support request that is limited to 500 characters. UPS Guy, is there a "feedback" link somewhere I'm missing?

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: February 17, 2010 10:38PM

UPS guy I appreciate the inside knowledge, very interesting. I think all larger corporations have similar ways to make it easy to get rid of people, that way they can keep hiring people at minimum wage and not give raises.

What I want to know is why it shows my package is in Chantilly when the truck is broken down in Philadelphia. Why have "logical scans" that are inaccurate?

Date: February 17, 2010 10:45PM

Yo wtfno - please offer your suggestion as to why Fedex is delaying my shipment? "Local weather delay" "Local delivery restriction" "Local weather delay"... 10 days from Mass. to Va.????

Posted by: VEIK ()
Date: February 18, 2010 12:37AM

Can we all come to that wedding?

FU Wedding Crashers.

Date: February 18, 2010 06:56AM

FFX Neighbor Wrote:
> BTW, I have tried to find a way to send a letter
> to UPS about this guy (with more specific
> information) but their stupid website doesn't
> really allow that. I can only find a place to
> submit a "General" support request that is limited
> to 500 characters. UPS Guy, is there a "feedback"
> link somewhere I'm missing?

That's nice of you and I'm sure that driver would appreciate that. Send it to 4455 Stonecroft Blvd Chantilly, VA 20151 Attn: Fairfax Center Manager. Reston, Leesburg, and Manassas also are dispatched from that bldg. I am sure if your address is within their center that it will get to them. Thanks for him from me, It always means a lot when you folks say thanks

> What I want to know is why it shows my package is in Chantilly when the truck is > broken down in Philadelphia. Why have "logical scans" that are inaccurate?

unfortunately, as good as our tracking system is, there are still human errors. When your package goes onto a truck, or plane it gets scanned and added to that entire cargo's bar code. When the driver get's in the truck he scans it in the system and that tells the next hub it's current location in the system. Some packages make it faster than expected. The hubs system now tells every belt where to put it when it comes so that it makes it to the package car for delivery. Only once it arrives are they suppose to check it off in the system and give it a new logical scan. This is where sometimes we are asleep at the wheel.( that or overwhelmed I have never done that part of it ) and your trucks bar code gets added to the list by that person clicking an extra box of received trailers. Most of the time you folks never notice because the trailer still arrives later and the packages are shuttled out to us on the road. However, sometimes they're behind 1 day. Hope that helped

Posted by: mgnut ()
Date: February 18, 2010 09:38AM

I had 2 packages sit from the 5th of February until they were delivered yesterday the 17th. I live on a gravel road about 900 feet long and it is still snow covered. Also, a nice hill is at the end of the road.

Both packages were left out my our mailbox on top of a huge snowbank. One of the boxes looked like it had been in a war. Packing tape on both ends to close the box but opening were still visable. There was something missing but the shipper will re-ship it out to me.

I'm just glad I received both boxes as I figured it would be another week or two until UPS tried to drive down our road. :)

UPS guy, please thank the drivers for me since I know most of them are doing there best to the the packages to the proper places as fast as they can.

Date: February 18, 2010 10:17AM

UPS guy - thank you for sharing more insight into the back office operations. It's true that when the facility was shut down on Wed. that did not stop packages from arriving. However, the unfortunate mistake was not made to alert vendors shipping to the DC metro area that their packages would NOT be guaranteed to arrive on time. Why? Because that would drive them to their competitors. I shared the same information with UPS HQ. If I send something Next Day (perishables or time sensitive) from a California UPS store, the agent there has no information that the Chantilly facility is backed up and this package just might not make it. Why? Adverse weather conditions.

I also commend the use of rented trucks. However, need to remember that branding is key. I had a Penske truck show up with a guy in a coat drop off packages. No UPS branding or 'sorry for the delay.' Don't forget, it's going to take time to win back these customers, so what better way to start then with a simple apology.

Nothing is to say that Fed-Ex and USPS isn't facing the same challenges. However, it's just pure coincedence that UPS is the only company that showed up on this website and Yahoo locals. What I do hope (pointing to UPS guy) is when the dust settles you will all look at what went right and what went wrong. Namely tossing packages on non-insulated trailers stored in sub-freezing temperatures for nearly a week.

FYI - remember people, if you purchase goods online you can ask the vendor what shipping companies they use. Yesterday I purchased goods online and requested USPS over UPS. Guess what...they are arrving today and it was using their basic shipping. A free economy and choices is the best way to 'voice' your frustration.

Posted by: notwere ()
Date: February 18, 2010 10:26AM

UPS Guy Wrote:
> Now I'll address the many post about UPS being a
> Union company.( and a few other things ) The Union
> does not mean that drivers now do not have rules
> to follow, or that they can now be lazy. The union
> guarantees that drivers are well paid for their
> service, and have benefits. Also that the company
> provide them with a lunch break, and a fair days
> work. We all enjoy and respect UPS as our
> employer, but remember how we were treated by them
> before the union. Drivers have more rules to
> follow than at any other company I know of, and
> are disciplined when they do not follow them.
> There are dress requirements to keep us looking
> professional. There are commit times on everything
> too. Technology allows supervisors to see exactly
> where you are, and exactly what is left on your
> truck. GPS linked satellites can track were we
> placed your package within 10 inches. ( We really
> do know were every package has been and is now )
> Our system starts talking to the next point it's
> going the minute the label is produced. So every
> computer along the way of that package knows it is
> expected and which way to route it immediately.
> Sometimes this gives you a false track when say
> the truck breaks down before it made it to
> Chantilly. Now your package says it's in Chantilly
> but it's really on the side of the road in
> Philadelphia. A lot of the problems that occur at
> UPS are not from the union but rather UPS making
> yet another cost cutting action. (I wish they
> never went public on the market myself.) There is
> a contract between the union and UPS That you can
> view here ( http://tdu.org/node/1617 ) The
> company violates it daily, and disciplines the
> dumbest things... like taking a day off to go to
> the dentist. You should have been at work so
> warning letter. next offense with attendance in a
> 9 month period is a suspension then termination.
> Some one hit you while you were parked in the
> loading zone... warning letter, that was avoidable
> next time you're terminated. A dog ran up and bit
> you...warning letter, that was an avoidable
> injury. You're accident prone so we'll put you
> through a ton of corporate videos about safety
> until you can keep from getting hurt. LOL it
> sounds stupid because it is. Yet this is only some
> of the petty stuff we deal with daily so that you
> can complain when there's a record snow fall and
> you don't have your package...sigh

Gosh, could you at least learn how to spell "where"? Thanks

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 18, 2010 02:24PM

MATT LEESBURG Wrote:
> someone needs to call FOX 5 for them to do a story
> on this crap!!

i guess someone heard your cry for reporting because not only did they cover it, they showed the site. perhaps they are data mining?

kojak Wrote:
> same problems over here
>
> ridiculous or no tracking updates

all the tracking information is generated by computer, not people. there are waaaay too many packages to update the status manually. then again... im sure some of those people sorting glass are out of a job. ;P

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:17PM

This UPS driver is so hot that she melted all the snow in front her.
Attachments:
sexy_ups_girl.jpg

Posted by: Wahhh ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:19PM

I like how the Amazon logo on the second box looks like an arrow pointing to her lovely bosom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2010 03:19PM by Wahhh.

Date: February 18, 2010 03:19PM

>>That's nice of you and I'm sure that driver would appreciate that. Send it to 4455 Stonecroft Blvd Chantilly, VA 20151 Attn: Fairfax Center Manager.

Thanks. I just put a letter in the mailbox! Haven't used snail mail in ages.

Posted by: Policy Changes ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:43PM

So I've heard that there could be a policy change. Specifically, abandoning the policy that UPS must make at least one delivery attempt before a customer can come to the UPS HUB to claim the package. I am assuming this policy is in place because UPS is...providing, a....ahem...."service". And they want a legitimate shot at providing that "service" that customers pay for, before the customer can immediately come to the HUB, personally, to claim their package.

USPS doesn't have this policy. FedEx doesn't have this policy. Why does UPS?

Does anyone know if UPS is planning to make an immediate policy change in light of the debacle that has occurred, and is still occurring across the mid-Atlantic?

I have a package that I WAS expecting to arrive on the 22nd. ALREADY, the UPS site is stating "delayed" and have moved the expected delivery of this item to the 23rd. It wouldn't surprise me to see them move it even further back too, as they continue to play catch up (which will take far longer than "UPS Guy" forecasts). If my package is at UPS on the 22nd, but I just cannot come to claim it due to their "one delivery attempt policy" (i.e. It's stuck on a truck and we don't know wtf it is at the moment), I will absolutely ruin some innocent schmucks day. Bet your bippy on that, friend.

Get your act straight, UPS. Before we sick Fox5 on you again.

Posted by: policy changes ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:46PM

Date: February 17, 2010 11:26AM

If you have a time senstive or perishable item still sitting there, post a comment here and I'll be more than happy to pass along the phone number and name of the gentleman who contacted me.

CRS - Thanks for the offer. Why don't you go ahead and post this person's name and contact information.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:52PM

496 Wrote:
> This UPS driver is so hot that she melted all the
> snow in front her.

file.php?2,file=11354
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

UPS Springfield, Va is Real Bad!
Date: February 18, 2010 06:45PM

My week overdue "overnight" Amazon package is STILL not delivered.

Let me get this straight so the UPS person goes on the same route the same way each day, so that when they don't make it to the end of their route to delivery it goes on the next days delivery schedule and AGAIN tomorrow they don't get to the end of their route.

My "overnight" package has now passed a week with mulitple excuses of why they can't get it delivered. The real joke is Amazon shipped a replacement and now it is caught in the UPS worm hole.

I ordered 2 packages from B&H Photo and used Fedex overnight and both of them showed up on time. What is it that Fedex knows that UPS doesn't.

SPRINGFIELD, VA, US 02/17/2010 8:38 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
02/17/2010 4:46 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
SPRINGFIELD, VA, US 02/16/2010 9:06 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
SPRINGFIELD, VA, US 02/12/2010 5:02 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
02/12/2010 3:34 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LAUREL, MD, US 02/12/2010 2:34 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 02/11/2010 1:38 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 02/10/2010 10:19 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

This is the one from Amazon replacement order that is now in the UPS worm hole...

SPRINGFIELD, VA, US 02/17/2010 8:38 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
02/17/2010 2:37 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
SPRINGFIELD, VA, US 02/16/2010 10:00 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
02/16/2010 4:25 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LAUREL, MD, US 02/16/2010 3:25 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
PHILADELPHIA, PA, US 02/15/2010 8:07 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 02/15/2010 6:04 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/15/2010 1:13 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 02/14/2010 1:04 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Date: February 18, 2010 06:49PM

>...ack too, as they continue to play catch up (which will take far longer than "UPS Guy" forecasts).

Actually, we delivered all packages we had today completely catching up the Chantilly hub. So I guess we came in a day ahead once again. As far as Fox 5 goes...please. You have to be a child to imagine that they did anything to help speed your deliveries along. We had plans in effect long before your patience ran out. I hope I helped answer some questions about our system and helped to ease the frustration of some of you. I will now gracefully bow out and allow you UPS basher types to do your thing. Lord knows only your views are the correct ones...regardless of what is true.
Thanks to all for your patience,
UPS Guy

Date: February 18, 2010 06:55PM

Unhappy,
Sorry but you're out of a different hub that I can't speak for. I am sorry for your frustrations on behalf of my beloved company.

Posted by: UPS Dude ()
Date: February 18, 2010 07:19PM

UPS Chantilly Hub is completely caught up as of today. The resaon FEDEX showed fewer service failures is because they process fewer packages in our area. UPS drivers are the most dedicated and customer focused employees in the industry. Have you looked at the appearence of your local FEDEX guy? Would he or she be someone that you would like you customers to see walking into your office?

Date: February 18, 2010 07:36PM

UPS Dude Wrote:
> UPS Chantilly Hub is completely caught up as of
> today.

Maybe some of you guys could head over to Springfield/Newington and give them a hand. Appears they need it.

Honestly I am not too concerned with what the person looks like that delivers my package as long as I get the package.

Date: February 18, 2010 08:25PM

All packages showed up at 7:54pm tonight.

Posted by: ItsOK ()
Date: February 18, 2010 11:31PM

Sometimes a little understanding and kindness helps. I called the 1-800 # yesterday to get a tracking on the package before I knew all about the logical scan stuff. The nice lady who answered placed me in a queue for a call-back from Chantilly hub. She was very nice, and probably tired of all the harassing calls from the people up here to her call center in FL. In any case, it just so happened the truck arrived while we were on the phone, and the package was delivered.

Someone was nice enough to post here with how the business works and has dealt with this storm. For all of those badmouthing with quick one-line quips, foul language, racist comments, and the like, you'll have a tough time getting anywhere good in life. Show a little understanding and kindness, and in a case like this patience to let things sort out. It will be a big help.

Like any business, UPS will likely learn from this historic snowfall. Nothing goes 100% in these cases. Maybe a little less "off with their heads" and more "please" next time?

Posted by: Terilynn ()
Date: December 13, 2015 12:41PM

Okay. No. Need to give no zero stars!

Receptionist ". We don't have record of your package"

Me "here is the voicemail someone left telling me to pick it up at this time"

Receptionist "oh! That is Bill! He calls to tell you your package is here"

Me "can I get my package"

Receptionist. "It's not here"

Me "but someone named Bill called me to tell me it's here"

Receptionist "yes, bill calls when packages are here"

Okay so you get the drift. First, I was here on Friday December 11th at 8pm. I drove thirty minutes to get here. Bill called and told me my package was available after 7:30.

My package from Omaha steaks was shipped to my old address by my boss. Time sensitive stuff. When I got the email notice alerting me of the delivery o immediately caught the mistake and sent in a change of delivery request which was approved. However, it must not have been since it went to the wrong address anyway. After many worthless calls from Omaha steaks to UPS, my boss to UPS it was resolved to pick up at this hub.

The pace of the customer service staff was slow. No urgency even though there were lines. One front in rep (a blond curly haired lady) was sitting on a conveyer belt acting as the Greek chorus to the other reps. Two other people in front of me had similar messages to pick up packages only to make the drive and find out their package was not there after all. One poor fella paid $50 for overnight delivery and was on the phone with UPS since 10am.

After my customer service rep (I don't know what else to call her but customer service was not happening) shuffled away for about thirty minutes to find my package she came back to tell me it was gone WITH A PLATE OF FOOD IN HAND! I kid you not!

Basically my package is somewhere only Bill the phone call guy knows where until Monday. Unfortunately at that point even if it's delivered to the wrong address it will be too spoiled for my old apartment tenants to enjoy.

The customer service area was filthy, disorganized and clear that packages were not treated with care.

Stuff happens. However at this location it happens a lot. Being holiday one would think they were playing to win since it is their peak time. Shame on UPS.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: December 13, 2015 08:45PM

Terilynn Wrote:
> Okay. No. Need to give no zero stars!
>
> Receptionist ". We don't have record of your
> package"
>
> Me "here is the voicemail someone left telling me
> to pick it up at this time"
>
> Receptionist "oh! That is Bill! He calls to tell
> you your package is here"
>
> Me "can I get my package"
>
> Receptionist. "It's not here"
>
> Me "but someone named Bill called me to tell me
> it's here"
>
> Receptionist "yes, bill calls when packages are
> here"
>
> Okay so you get the drift. First, I was here on
> Friday December 11th at 8pm. I drove thirty
> minutes to get here. Bill called and told me my
> package was available after 7:30.
>
> My package from Omaha steaks was shipped to my old
> address by my boss. Time sensitive stuff. When I
> got the email notice alerting me of the delivery o
> immediately caught the mistake and sent in a
> change of delivery request which was approved.
> However, it must not have been since it went to
> the wrong address anyway. After many worthless
> calls from Omaha steaks to UPS, my boss to UPS it
> was resolved to pick up at this hub.
>
> The pace of the customer service staff was slow.
> No urgency even though there were lines. One
> front in rep (a blond curly haired lady) was
> sitting on a conveyer belt acting as the Greek
> chorus to the other reps. Two other people in
> front of me had similar messages to pick up
> packages only to make the drive and find out their
> package was not there after all. One poor fella
> paid $50 for overnight delivery and was on the
> phone with UPS since 10am.
>
> After my customer service rep (I don't know what
> else to call her but customer service was not
> happening) shuffled away for about thirty minutes
> to find my package she came back to tell me it was
> gone WITH A PLATE OF FOOD IN HAND! I kid you not!
>
>
> Basically my package is somewhere only Bill the
> phone call guy knows where until Monday.
> Unfortunately at that point even if it's delivered
> to the wrong address it will be too spoiled for my
> old apartment tenants to enjoy.
>
> The customer service area was filthy, disorganized
> and clear that packages were not treated with
> care.
>
> Stuff happens. However at this location it happens
> a lot. Being holiday one would think they were
> playing to win since it is their peak time. Shame
> on UPS.

So UPS gets to eat (no pun intended) the cost and replace the items. Mind you, Omaha Steaks has to push that -- they're the shipper, you're nothing to UPS.

I don't think UPS is inherently evil, but when things break they don't have a lot they can do, that's for sure. Had a package left at 8PM in the rain without anything covering it, and it took FOUR calls to UPS to get them to actually pick up the damaged package. Shoulda billed them for my time!

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: June 10, 2016 09:01AM

This is not correct. Both FedEx Express and UPS drivers are Union. FedEx Ground drivers are not they are Driver Owners.

Posted by: EWxU6 ()
Date: June 21, 2016 05:00PM

All packages are being checked thru special scallers for drugs and bombs now. They don't get delivered until that gets done.

Posted by: yveuk ()
Date: June 21, 2016 05:23PM

FedEx Express is non-union and the management fight unionization tooth and claw, including firing people who 'agitate' for a union.

Posted by: same ()
Date: July 02, 2016 05:34PM

P74uv

5:11 PM Package arrived at the final delivery station
Chantilly, VA, US

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.