HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...159160161162163164165166167168169...LastNext
Current Page: 164 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: the pork chop mile ()
Date: April 24, 2012 09:33AM

lff gets plastered on sunday watching hockey. stuffs ice cream on monday.
he walked an extra 2 miles each day.
he just gives and gives
lick it

anyone find that u tube video from drunk super fan sean" i'm not puffy" holmes that Boobay referenced on monday show?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Laaaughing ()
Date: April 24, 2012 09:51AM

We should set up portable bleachers somewhere in downtown Manassas on LFF's walking route, so we can cheer him along. Sell beer and hot dogs and pennants. "Walk! Walk! Walk!"

Posted by: Mike O'Meara ()
Date: April 24, 2012 10:57AM

Life is hard, but writing about me is easy. I swear to God I never thought there would be this much to talk about me, but boy, was I wrong. I literally thought I would be forgotten in the DC market, but you guys must really like me! Hand to God, I am touched.

Date: April 24, 2012 10:58AM

Mike's two-mile walk takes about four hours because it is has so many rest stops...

View Larger Map

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Charley ()
Date: April 24, 2012 11:29AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike's two-mile walk takes about four hours
> because it is has so many rest stops...
>
> View Larger Map

Well, at least he can stop by O'Meara's and check in on what's happening....oh, wait.....

Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: April 24, 2012 12:18PM

> LOL!
>
> Yes, I think Oscar even went out and met with
> Corolla. I have to wonder if Oscar is even working
> with Mangrates now, after the falling out with
> o_0, where she works.

She hasn't worked there in a long time now.

Posted by: Fan since 1997 ()
Date: April 24, 2012 05:45PM

Wow. Today show was incredibly harrowing or emotional. Handled well.

Posted by: Lauaaaaaghing. ()
Date: April 24, 2012 05:54PM

I'm not going to listen; what's the short version?

Posted by: O'Meara's O'Mentum ()
Date: April 24, 2012 05:59PM

I agree, Oscar brought it Mike was smart enough to get out of his way. Some of the best "radio" I've heard in a while.

It was the longest Oscar's been allowed to talk on the show for months without "la la la" or "Oscar, Oscar, Ahhhhh-Oscar" song clips cutting him off. Someone must have bound Robb's hands behind his back in preparation for the story.

Unrelated to the meat of the show (so to speak), I'm surprised no one here pounced on this quote from Mike in the opening segment:
"I can't even think of anything that sounds less appealing than a sensible lunch."

Fortunately, this wasn't said too close to any of the weight-not plugs...

Posted by: Carlito's Way ()
Date: April 24, 2012 08:38PM

Again LFF proves he can do great radio.

As long as he steps OUT of the way and let's someone else (Donnie G., Oskar)
speak.

Date: April 24, 2012 11:07PM

So is it a story about a traffic accident?

Posted by: Redscaps ()
Date: April 25, 2012 12:10AM

In essance Oscar was returning from his trip from the west coast and driving home from the airport (dulles). He was on 495 in maryland where it is very curvy, when he saw a woman crying hysterically on the side of the road near traffic yelling. He also saw the accident in the middle of the road where all lanes were occupied by debris. Oscar came to a stop in the middle of the road seeing that he was pretty much first on the scene and threw on his hazards. He tried to comfort the woman and get her out of the road. At that point he attempted to do the best he could to comfort the woman and calm her down. The woman was yelling for her friend whom oscar could not see. Oscar got her jacket from the wreck of the car. Apparently there was an accident between a tractor trailer and the vehicle that the woman was in with her male friend. After the accident the friend got out of the car to see if she was ok and then the vehicle she was in was slammed into by a taxi cab. The male was hit and thrown around 50 to 60 yards away due to the impact. Oscar saw the body which wasnt outwardly harmed but was lifeless. He then proceeded to give the woman more clothing to help her with her shock. She still was crying hysterically and oscar then sat down with the woman and prayed with her.

This was one of the most intense stories I have heard in a long time. The show is getting better every day and this shows what radio could still be.

Posted by: HoneyDipCrisp ()
Date: April 25, 2012 04:29AM

Who cares about Oscar? What about MIKE's accident on his walk yesterday?!

Date: April 25, 2012 04:30AM

Redscaps Wrote:
> In essance Oscar was returning from his trip from
> the west coast and driving home from the airport
> (dulles). He was on 495 in maryland where it is
> very curvy, when he saw a woman crying
> hysterically on the side of the road near traffic
> yelling. He also saw the accident in the middle of
> the road where all lanes were occupied by debris.
> Oscar came to a stop in the middle of the road
> seeing that he was pretty much first on the scene
> and threw on his hazards. He tried to comfort the
> woman and get her out of the road. At that point
> he attempted to do the best he could to comfort
> the woman and calm her down. The woman was yelling
> for her friend whom oscar could not see. Oscar got
> her jacket from the wreck of the car. Apparently
> there was an accident between a tractor trailer
> and the vehicle that the woman was in with her
> male friend. After the accident the friend got out
> of the car to see if she was ok and then the
> vehicle she was in was slammed into by a taxi cab.
> The male was hit and thrown around 50 to 60 yards
> away due to the impact. Oscar saw the body which
> wasnt outwardly harmed but was lifeless. He then
> proceeded to give the woman more clothing to help
> her with her shock. She still was crying
> hysterically and oscar then sat down with the
> woman and prayed with her.
>
> This was one of the most intense stories I have
> heard in a long time. The show is getting better
> every day and this shows what radio could still
> be.

It always feels a bit ghoulish when someone excitedly recounts a tragedy on a comedy show. Is every experience reducible to entertainment?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 05:01AM by HoneyDipCrisp.

Posted by: bobafeet ()
Date: April 25, 2012 08:24AM

I wouldnt call this "every experience" esp since the beltway was closed for 6 hours the other day because of this accident and most in this area can relate to that...oscar being 1st on the scene of this incident was pretty topical and very cool to listen to. Fucking blob(b) and ronick wanted so much to say anything but they had to shut up. SO the show was great, UNTIL, you guessed it, Oscar tells a riveting story for about 40 mins and then its on to the audio vault-come on really, sometimes you just have to say wtf.

Date: April 25, 2012 08:45AM

I heard about that accident on the news. What Oscar did was highly commendable. I've been first to an accident scene a couple of times (both single vehicle roll-over accidents, interestingly enough, with no injuries in one and serious injuries in the other). The hard thing about being first there is that usually nobody else stops, so you are handling a difficult situation by yourself until police/EMTs arrive.

It makes for great radio, and I have no problem with Oscar recounting it. The problem, though, is that unless MOM comes up with a way to stage a fatal accident every day, the failcast will be back to its normal dreck...probably starting today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: i don't know don ()
Date: April 25, 2012 09:05AM

"This was one of the most intense stories I have heard in a long time. The show is getting better every day and this shows what radio could still be"

What! getting better?

"Psycho hasn't worked there in a long time now"

Not since late last year, 2011. She must have done a number on oskar's psyche.

next week vacciones for failcast I believe

Date: April 25, 2012 09:19AM

> I heard about that accident on the news. What
> Oscar did was highly commendable. I've been first
> to an accident scene a couple of times (both
> single vehicle roll-over accidents, interestingly
> enough, with no injuries in one and serious
> injuries in the other). The hard thing about being
> first there is that usually nobody else stops, so
> you are handling a difficult situation by yourself
> until police/EMTs arrive.
>
> It makes for great radio, and I have no problem
> with Oscar recounting it. The problem, though, is
> that unless MOM comes up with a way to stage a
> fatal accident every day, the failcast will be
> back to its normal dreck...probably starting
> today.

Probably starting after the story since it seems like the audio vault kicked in.

Posted by: Bodega Bob ()
Date: April 25, 2012 10:14AM

>
> It makes for great radio, and I have no problem
> with Oscar recounting it. The problem, though, is
> that unless MOM comes up with a way to stage a
> fatal accident every day, the failcast will be
> back to its normal dreck...probably starting
> today.

I don't agree that recounting what I consider a tragic story in somewhat ghoulish detail 'great radio' - it's really more what O'Meara and krewe do - they have nothing else to talk about and they engage in zero show prep without any independent creative staff to develop content, so you get what you get, something unusual happened to a krewe member, that's it, we can do 40 - 50 minutes with this material.

If this were on JFK, I would have switched stations as I did when O'Meara and Spewak did their "cancer show". Both are examples of lowest-common-denominator radio content - I can hear O'Meara saying "play it out Oscar, the rubes will be rivited once you tug at their heartstrings!". Yeah, so much for a 'ball busting' wacky zoo krewe.

Mikey's meltdown day was basically the same bit - the space shuttle flys over DC and that's material that leads to more stellar content about what lemmings DC residents are because they gather to watch the space shuttle and how DC just sucks in general. O'Meara and krewe probably don't consider they are insulting their primary audience, because well, they are a world wide interwebs downloading powerhouse! Yeah.

You can have it, I'm not tuning in to O'Meara's amateur hour until he has another meltdown, and even then I'll fast forward to that...

Date: April 25, 2012 11:17AM

It was a great story and actually pretty touching.You say you dont tune in but yet cite multiple other things that you have to listened to. Why be so angry that you have to post here on how bad it was or that its bad radio. It really wasnt bad radio at all and was a pretty touching story. They didnt mention it the day of the accident and it happened in oscar's life, which is in essence what everyone in the radio business "guy talk" does. The audio vault is actually a good bit and provides a book end to the show and gives an intro to Buzz's news. I just dont understand why there is so much hate for a show that is put out free, and you have to make the choice to download to listen to. If you were paying money for content, or it was on the public airwaves taking the place of a better show in your opinion than feel free to sing it's horridness from the rafters.

However everyone on this thread seems to focus on the "awful" aspects of the show. That Mike yells at people, yes he has always done it so has oscar, don geronimo, and other so called radio legends. It is part of the business. It makes drama out there and allows people to choose one side or another basically giving them the ability to have a personal connection.

The live show was a phenomenal event which some people on this thread actually paid to go see. However multiple people were saying how so many seats were comped and how they were giving away tickets. This didnt even occur. If you were at the event the only comped seats were in the balcony at the tables amounting to about 20 to 45 people total. These were all advertisers or close friends of the show. But yet there was still anger saying that the people that went there were idiots and the show was a failure. They sold out the state theater a 400 to 500 seat theatre and put on a pretty fun show. Sure there were problems but this was the first live show they put on. Why be so bitter that someone is having success? They put it together and it was a blast to go to. But yet still stated that this would be a catastrophe, which it wasnt, and that they would put up a horrible show, which it wasnt.

Finally, evryone constantly proposes ideas that have no basis in fact. That karla is getting ready to leave mike. That Robb is still fat. That robb does not get paid for his work with KCJJ. And numerous others that for some reason you guys, who claim to hate the podcast, love to talk about and how awful their lives are. They have created a small niche for themselves and are continuing to expand their base. If you can improve their techniques or provide meaningful guidance, such as a suggestion for a show or maybe an advertising lead than go ahead suggest it. They respond all the time to suggestions, I have made a couple myself concerning stitcher (podcast app) and possible audio vault additions. But this vitriol and hatred for people putting together a podcast that a lot of people enjoy is unfounded and unneeded.

It seems that a lot of you cared for the show at some point in one of its iterations, and now do not like where it is going. If that is the case than try and help it out, not even through monetary means, but through suggestion and patronage to their sponsors. If you dont like it so much, than go ahead an keep on listening and keep buing tickets to their shows to report how awful it was. As I am sure they will take your money just the same.

It just seems no matter what the show does someone on this board is gonna find a way to complain about it, Which pretty much invalidates the opinion.

Date: April 25, 2012 11:48AM

Redscaps-

1. I haven't listened to the failcast in quite some time and I wasn't a regular listener when I did.

2. Using "free" as an excuse for shitty quality is a pretty low bar to set. All in the Family was free. Mary Tyler Moore was free. MASH was free. If you go into something thinking you can do a half-assed job because it's "free," I recommend you don't do it.

3. The Audio Vault sucks for multiple reasons. It's lazy, first of all. Secondly, the clips have usually been making the Internet for years, so most people have heard them already. Rob(b) takes credit for this shit like he actually did something to create them. Finally, Rob(b) has an uncanny knack for picking clips that are visual and that don't translate to an audio podcast.

4. Regarding the State, many regulars, including myself, have given LFF kudos for pulling it off despite our predictions of failure. However, its success seems to have worsened the fortunes and dynamics of the krewe. This leads to speculation that something got fucked up behind the scenes.

5. Regarding Carla leaving, that is based on LFF's track record with wives, his total failure to live up to his end of the bargain in their marriage and, frankly, his douche bag move to placate her on having a kid long enough to get married and then to kind of screw her over on it. She should leave. If she were my sister, I would encourage her to bail while she is still young.

Date: April 25, 2012 12:18PM

Redscaps Wrote:
>
> It just seems no matter what the show does someone
> on this board is gonna find a way to complain
> about it, Which pretty much invalidates the
> opinion.

Well, you got that point about this FFXU thread - it ain't a MOMS love fest. If you go back to the beginning though, I think people wanted O'Meara to succeed at WJFK - I certainly listened - but the guy's general lack of talent, arrogance and surly nature won out - ratings dropped and he was fired.

The WVRX gig didn't work out too well, because O'Meara refuses to change, it was the WJFK MOMS 'lite', and even though he had a able partener @ VRX, there's evidence his audience is gone and the ratings reflected that.

I was shocked he pulled off the State gig, but good for him and the krewe - but that doesn't offset the repeated reports of poor daily content on the podcast (which I rarely listen to) or the uncalled for, temper tantrum O'Meara direted at Buzz last week.

So support TMOS all you want, but if you see other opinions about O'Meara and the podcast here, you don't have to like them, and your disapproval does not "invalidate" them.

Oh, and it's "C"arla O'Meara, not "K"arla. So stated on her Facebook page.

Posted by: Laaauughing ()
Date: April 25, 2012 01:07PM

Count me as an old D&M fan, who TRIED to enjoy the MOMS post-Donnie, and then dipped into the VRX show (and shrugged), and can only take the failcast in tiny doses when something happens.

Look, it's not hard to track why all of these ventures either failed, or haven't accomplished a heck of a lot -- LFF is a lazy guy. Anybody want to argue with that? Probably not. He's putting out a horseshit product.

Date: April 25, 2012 01:45PM

Washingtone

So you are saying that you haven't listened to the podcast in a long time but yet are completely versed in the goings on of the crew?

And it is not a shitty product htat is completely your opinion. Just like me thinking its a good product is my opinion. However, the shows you quoted were produced and paid for by advertisers. And they were on the airwaves with other shows competing with them for air space for that exact same time frame. A podcast is unique in the fact that its completely on demand requires effort to download or aggregate the rss. Which in turn requires people to invest time in the podcast itself. If you hate it than dont listen to it. If you do listen than suggest improvement rather than completely.

The audio vault does not suck as most of the time he uses things from the evening before and maybe some things from the internet that some of their audience has nto heard before. I like it because it provides me a taste of stuff i may be interested in and allows me to look for it more if need be. As for a visual problem, more often than not the visual aspect plays no part in his drops. Maybe once a week. I mean and if you don't listen than how would you know?

How do you know the dynamics changed in the group because of the State show? You dont listen to it whatsoever so you dont know. Also I have heard little change in the dynamics of the group, and if there is its an evolution to a different thing like ALL groups go through.

What did he do to screw her over on the marriage? They were married after he was fired. Glad you feel protective over Carla but she has participated in many of the shows and was at the State theater. They are going through the same arguments every couple goes through. Also how do you know he promised her a kid? She has made some comments on wanting a child but there was no promise.

As for the other aspects of my post you did not address, I still encourage all that have an issue with the cast, suggest solutions rather than rail against the perceived issues.

Bodega Bob
Actually his ratings were rising to well above lavar and dukes prior to the firing. He is talented and he had a good show going. However with PPM ratings replacing notebooks the sea of change washed omearra out. The only people left in radio are Top 40's, Spanish, Sports, and conservative talk (which is declining). There is still Elliot and other lasting djs but there are very few spots left in the morning zoo dj market.

I dont feel there is bad quality daily on the podcast. I believe this thread has become an echo chamber of negativity. The people that dont like post here but still listen. The people that do dont post here and are happy with the show.

As for the misspelling it was an honest mistake.

I dont believe he is lazy but he is trying his best in a realm where he had no idea was around when he left WJFK. He put together something that a lot of people enjoy and I for one really do appreciate what is put forth. Sure there are bad ones but there are fantastic ones as well. In the sea of Podcasts out there This one is very well produced, has great audio quality, and deals with the DC area. All I could really ask for.

Posted by: apologist much? ()
Date: April 25, 2012 01:53PM

I call bullshit.

HI MIKE!

Posted by: Andrew Ryan ()
Date: April 25, 2012 01:59PM

I used to look forward to the podcast every day, but it declined in quality to make it unlistenable... Mike became such a whiner, I just couldn't take it. That and his entitled "I used to be someone, so I am 100% right, all the time."

Case in point: The "Road Trip 2011" DVD is not selling, so everyone who already bought one, try harder! Buy it again!

And in 2012, they are working on a stream of the file at a much lower price, so fuck the fans who bought it out of loyalty.

Another one was when he questioned Oscar's commitment to the show when he went to Az for the Superbowl, yet Mike was too hungover to do the Monday show, so he stayed in bed??? He didn't even face his friends/partners?

I'll let HDC remind you about Mike's knee.

Date: April 25, 2012 02:13PM

I'm down with redscap. Though I frequently point out bad things about the show, a lot of the criticism here is plainly ridiculous.

Date: April 25, 2012 02:15PM

Redscaps Wrote:
>
> Bodega Bob
> Actually his ratings were rising to well above
> lavar and dukes prior to the firing....
>
> I dont believe he is lazy but he is trying his
> best in a realm where he had no idea was around
> when he left WJFK. He put together something that
> a lot of people enjoy and I for one really do
> appreciate what is put forth. Sure there are bad
> ones but there are fantastic ones as well. In the
> sea of Podcasts out there This one is very well
> produced, has great audio quality, and deals with
> the DC area. All I could really ask for.

Fair enough we'll agree to disagree about TMOS content, but I respect your sincerity - I feel the same way about the Ron and Fez show, which I follow.

I'll agree O'Meara probably got screwed by JFK management when you see what a ratings cesspool their sports format has become, L&Dukes and the Junkies should all have been long fired by the ratings standards TMOS was held to.

That being said, my opinion is that Mike stays with the "faux-D&M" format that includes Rob(b) and Buzz it that's he's got a chip on his shoulder and he needs desperately to prove he can make it without Don.

That's prevented Mike from jettisoning Buzz and Rob(b) and moving in another direction in DC radio. I think Mike could have transitioned to sports talk on JFK (few on this FFXU thread agree with that opinion...), but it would have involved abandoning Rob(b) and Buzz and starting over with a new crew and format, could he have done any worse that Mike Wise or LaVar and Dukes?

The perception of humor is in the beholder, and I don't hear any "funny" in O'Meara's podcasts - I hear a re-shuffle of D&M bits and impressions that don't bear repeating. O'Meara's tantrums, admission of excessive drinking, and the bad behavior that results from it are train-wreck interesting, but not what I would consider 'entertainment'.

Ron and Fez cover very similar territory, but there's an ongoing humanity in the show hosts and supporting cast that's held true since '05 - and the show has gone through many supporting cast members and themes.

That's a flexibility and format for success Mike O'Meara should examine closely.

Posted by: ratings ()
Date: April 25, 2012 02:21PM

LFF's ratings at WJFK & WVRX were always sub par.
With the history D&M had, he should have been able to do better.
If he had any ratings traction at all, JFK would not have canned his ass.

Date: April 25, 2012 02:38PM

ratings Wrote:
> LFF's ratings at WJFK & WVRX were always sub par.
> With the history D&M had, he should have been able
> to do better.

I guess my point is that O'Meara tried to present the D&M show on JFK without Don, wasn't gonna work.

I wonder what sort of direction (if any) O'Meara received from Michael Hughes and CK at JFK regarding TMOS format. If they had said: "Mike your idea of continuing the D&M show format is fine, but it's not going to work with our strategic vision, we are headed to all sports talk. So we are going to team you with Chad Dukes and a new producer and you can do topical stuff, but start more of a sports slant." - things might have turned out differently.

Date: April 25, 2012 02:40PM

Do you have the ratings history on hand for WJFK? Anything to support your claim that he was not getting traction? He was gaining listeners and I personally liked the change from Don G. Admittedly i came in after Don g's spouse died so I dont think i got the best version of D&M. And yes WJFK would fire him as he had a large contract and the station flipped formats, hence the firing of Oscar. I actually was really interested in the ratings for that time frame and it was gaining and trending upward. However they didnt give them enough time. With the new ratings format it hurt all those jocks.

Bodega,
I think you are right that he could of shed Robb and Buzz and became something else. Maybe there should of been a drastic change but staying with them I still like what he has going on there. I dont necessarily see the chip on his shoulder but I understand where that could be seen. There is some deepseeded anger there but I feel that provides a little spark for the show while others see it as a detriment.

I have never listened to R&F... do they have a podcast? Or are they on XM?

Andrew Ryan,
How do you know the DVD isn't selling now? There was a report that the DVD's are not going out fast enough. And thats not fucking the fans im sure that is more about the logistical costs of getting cd's out to people and having everything professionally done. This way the profit goes directly to the cast as opposed to a middle man.

He faced them the next day and received shit for it the entire day. He does whine but not so incessantly that its degrading the show in my opinion.

Right mike got hurt due to a fight because he was wearing boots and was stupid. Still it was fun to hear about the incident and the subsequent rehab where he realized it wouldn't be as quick. I never had a MCL or ACL tear so its interesting to hear what he is going through.

You may be angry at it but its not this horrible shit spewing thing that should burn in the 9th ring of hell because some people dont like it. I appreciate hearing other opinions on here but cmon guys simmer down a smidge.

Date: April 25, 2012 02:45PM

ratings Wrote:
> LFF's ratings at WJFK & WVRX were always sub par.
> With the history D&M had, he should have been able
> to do better.
> If he had any ratings traction at all, JFK would
> not have canned his ass.

They were flipping formats (station wide the ratings weren't great) and Mike et al. can't do a sports show. He was fired no matter what.

Posted by: mike's ratings ()
Date: April 25, 2012 03:07PM

From dcrtv archives:

MOM's show never moved beyond 20th place, even in the target demo.

Date: April 25, 2012 03:33PM

Ron and Fez are on XM 105, 11am to 3pm M/F. Former stablemates of D&M at JFK in the '03 to '05 (?) timeframe? Wikipedia can be used to establish the dates.

Based on what I've heard on JFK, I think anyone can do sports talk. The Junkies are at least 50% bullshit about national news, entertainment news and their domestic situations.

LaVar is a mumbling one-trick football pony with nothing to talk about.

Posted by: LuvChronicH8Ronick ()
Date: April 25, 2012 03:57PM

Redscaps Wrote:
> It was a great story and actually pretty
> touching.You say you dont tune in but yet cite
> multiple other things that you have to listened
> to. Why be so angry that you have to post here on
> how bad it was or that its bad radio. It really
> wasnt bad radio at all and was a pretty touching
> story. They didnt mention it the day of the
> accident and it happened in oscar's life, which is
> in essence what everyone in the radio business
> "guy talk" does. The audio vault is actually a
> good bit and provides a book end to the show and
> gives an intro to Buzz's news. I just dont
> understand why there is so much hate for a show
> that is put out free, and you have to make the
> choice to download to listen to. If you were
> paying money for content, or it was on the public
> airwaves taking the place of a better show in your
> opinion than feel free to sing it's horridness
> from the rafters.
>
> However everyone on this thread seems to focus on
> the "awful" aspects of the show. That Mike yells
> at people, yes he has always done it so has oscar,
> don geronimo, and other so called radio legends.
> It is part of the business. It makes drama out
> there and allows people to choose one side or
> another basically giving them the ability to have
> a personal connection.
>
> The live show was a phenomenal event which some
> people on this thread actually paid to go see.
> However multiple people were saying how so many
> seats were comped and how they were giving away
> tickets. This didnt even occur. If you were at the
> event the only comped seats were in the balcony at
> the tables amounting to about 20 to 45 people
> total. These were all advertisers or close friends
> of the show. But yet there was still anger saying
> that the people that went there were idiots and
> the show was a failure. They sold out the state
> theater a 400 to 500 seat theatre and put on a
> pretty fun show. Sure there were problems but this
> was the first live show they put on. Why be so
> bitter that someone is having success? They put it
> together and it was a blast to go to. But yet
> still stated that this would be a catastrophe,
> which it wasnt, and that they would put up a
> horrible show, which it wasnt.
>
> Finally, evryone constantly proposes ideas that
> have no basis in fact. That karla is getting ready
> to leave mike. That Robb is still fat. That robb
> does not get paid for his work with KCJJ. And
> numerous others that for some reason you guys, who
> claim to hate the podcast, love to talk about and
> how awful their lives are. They have created a
> small niche for themselves and are continuing to
> expand their base. If you can improve their
> techniques or provide meaningful guidance, such as
> a suggestion for a show or maybe an advertising
> lead than go ahead suggest it. They respond all
> the time to suggestions, I have made a couple
> myself concerning stitcher (podcast app) and
> possible audio vault additions. But this vitriol
> and hatred for people putting together a podcast
> that a lot of people enjoy is unfounded and
> unneeded.
>
> It seems that a lot of you cared for the show at
> some point in one of its iterations, and now do
> not like where it is going. If that is the case
> than try and help it out, not even through
> monetary means, but through suggestion and
> patronage to their sponsors. If you dont like it
> so much, than go ahead an keep on listening and
> keep buing tickets to their shows to report how
> awful it was. As I am sure they will take your
> money just the same.
>
> It just seems no matter what the show does someone
> on this board is gonna find a way to complain
> about it, Which pretty much invalidates the
> opinion.

Cool story Bro

Posted by: sCary ()
Date: April 25, 2012 04:53PM

HoneyDipCrisp Wrote:
> Who cares about Oscar? What about MIKE's accident
> on his walk yesterday?!
>
>

HDC thank you for that video lololol

Date: April 25, 2012 07:36PM

sCary Wrote:
> HoneyDipCrisp Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who cares about Oscar? What about MIKE's
> accident
> > on his walk yesterday?!
> >
> >
>
>
> HDC thank you for that video lololol

sCary, You are quite welcome...
And wouldn't you know, Mike took another tumble on TODAY'S walk.

Posted by: Larry Fine ()
Date: April 25, 2012 10:24PM

Sure, people yell at each other. It's no big deal.

But that was a nasty torrent of hate Mike unleashed on Buzz last week. And it was over something so trivial that most of us would be hard pressed to remember what set him off.

He's done it before. The last one that really surprised me was within a week of the emotional show where they all welcomed Buzz back from his brush with death.

Hard to overlook that irony.

Mike is a mess.

He's falling apart before our eyes/ears.

Today he was pissed at Marc over something he couldn't articulate. The more he rambled on the more it sounded like a complaint about money.

It looks like this little venture is failing to support Mike's bloated life style but who's fault is that? They split the money evenly so Marc, Robb, Buzz and Oscar get checks the same size as Mike's. None of them are complaining or threatening Mike over it.

When you bully your friends and behave like a creep in public, people might listen (it can be entertaining) but they don't want to send you cash or support your advertisers.

I guess I'm glad that Mike (or at least the show) has some supporters. But honestly, he doesn't deserve them.

Posted by: just a spectator ()
Date: April 25, 2012 10:33PM

And to think for many years Mike played the role of 'the nice one' on the d-m show!

True colors, man.

Like him or not, Don seems genuinely happy on his new show w/o Mike.

Date: April 25, 2012 11:03PM

I love how his "fans" are becoming outraged by the glimpses of the "true Mike." A lot of people who used to rag on me but who have since come over to our side are seeing what many of us saw going back to 2008...LFF is a full-of-shit phony.

That has been my argument all along. Don is an asshole who doesn't really appreciate the people around him and probably treats them pretty poorly. But he never pretended not to be that. What pisses me off about LFF is this fucking act he was putting on that he isn't really a douche bag. Folks...HE IS!

What you are seeing now is that douche baginess manifesting itself. It is brought on by the lack of money, jealousy at others' happiness and success.

You know why LFF is angry at Marc? Because Marc pulled off the State show. That's why. LFF knows he had very little if anything to do with it.

LFF is also mad a Buzz because Buzz is on the air. He is doing a slew of radio commercials and LFF simply hasn't been able to figure out...or, more realistically, put in the effort...to make that work for him.

Folk...LFF is a DICK! He's a PRICK! He's a DOUCHE BAG!

Welcome to the real world! Your hero is a fucking asshole! The Buzz debacle just shed more light on that fact, that's all.

Date: April 26, 2012 12:09AM

But how would you know since you dont listen to the podcast whatsoever? You only get reports from those that already support your opinion. But also He has been nothing but nice to me and others that I know. Sure he has some negatives but that is to be expected as to err is to be human. What act did he put on? He freely admits his problems on air. And apologizes accordingly. But yet for some reason he is the most awful person out there.

Why be so angry against him? Did he wrong you in some way?

Posted by: What ()
Date: April 26, 2012 01:47AM

Redscaps Wrote:
> But how would you know since you dont listen to
> the podcast whatsoever? You only get reports from
> those that already support your opinion. But also
> He has been nothing but nice to me and others that
> I know. Sure he has some negatives but that is to
> be expected as to err is to be human. What act did
> he put on? He freely admits his problems on air.
> And apologizes accordingly. But yet for some
> reason he is the most awful person out there.
>
> Why be so angry against him? Did he wrong you in
> some way?

He was a dick to Buzz. He has not apologized on air and he should. He talks like a wife-beater. Because fuck you.

Date: April 26, 2012 02:21AM

And if your job is to sit in your living room and talk for an hour or two, and you're too hungover to come downstairs and talk about how hungover you are, you have a drinking problem. I like the show, I'm just not liking the person these days.

Date: April 26, 2012 02:27AM

Redscaps, you seem like a nice guy, so I offer you this with all respect.

I quit listening because I couldn't remember the last time I laughed, I looked at getting into my car and going to work as a chore. I knew I wouldn't enjoy my commute, I knew TMOS wasn't going to make me laugh, so I put on BOAD from 2008 and had a jolly old time.

I found a new podcast (The Glory Hole) and haven't looked back. When you can "Simpsons laugh" at reruns you have heard five times, you know it's a keeper.

Posted by: wally pip jr. ()
Date: April 26, 2012 03:08AM

redcaps,you wouldd't know anything about the poster who was constantly spamming this thread a few pages back would you?

Date: April 26, 2012 09:20AM

Actually he did apologize on air to buzz directly and that was last week. He also apologized to Buzz personally. If Buzz was truly offended he would leave and not come back. I mean he is all over the airwaves right now getting voice over gigs. And i assume the wife beater talking is him speaking like it was not his fault but buzz's that he gets up set. He never blamed buzz but rather explained that buzz has the personality that pushes his buttons. Everyone has a person that is like that in their lives. Hell they even may be good friends but their personalities tend to lead to conflicts from time to time due to their differing world views.

As for him not coming downstairs, meh i dont necessarily think its evidence of a drinking problem. Its more evidence of a wild night before. But you can read into it if you want.

Andrew Ryan,
Thats fine man I have no qualms with people not liking the show. I'm not trying to convince others to like it. I just got tired of coming to this board getting other perspectives and just seeing uber hatred and unfounded theories constantly. If you want to try other podcasts I have a few suggestions, Comedy bang bang ( a fun improv show), Doug loves movies (a cool movie quiz show with great guests), and also try out The Nerdist which has a lot of fantastic guests.

I understand that you dislike the current MOMS. But you put forth theories that the DVD is not selling and they are trying to fuck over the early adopters. I just think they are unfounded due to the previously stated facts.

Wally,
All that crappy spanish posting. Hell no that was annoying as shit. I look at this board from my phone and it was tiring to scroll through all of that crap.

Date: April 26, 2012 10:22AM

With the DVD, if it had been selling like crazy, wouldn't anyone brag about their success?

Rather than tell the audience that it isn't, and they need to up their game and "try harder?"

Posted by: Former JFK listener ()
Date: April 26, 2012 10:23AM

I wasn't a huge D&M fan, but definitely caught some good bits every now and then on the show. I was pulled into the JFk universe by hearing BOAD on evenings, and then with the way they talked about Mike and his occasional call in, I was intrigued enough to listen to MOMS when it started up for my drive home.

What I remember thinking was that the show was OK, but someone needed to turn off Spewak's mic. I couldn't understand how that guy became the second mic and thought it would only be a matter of time before he was gone. Looks like I misjudged that one.

As a podcast, adding Oscar was a good move IMO, but the show is still brought down by the fact that Spewak just isn't funny. It is also suffering due to the relative vacuum they operate in.

Radio shows need something to feed off. It is why Stern has segments about Ronnie hosting parties and JD's porn obsession. And O&A make fun of E Rock and Troy Quan's vanity. Or bitch about management, which every show has done. OMeara has no management and besides Oscar, no one seems to "do" anything outside of the show. Hence why you get stories about every little thing Mike does and bad jokes from Spewak. Heck Spewak usually manages to ruin any momentum someone like Oscar might get with a story.

Date: April 26, 2012 10:35AM

>
> Welcome to the real world! Your hero is a fucking
> asshole! The Buzz debacle just shed more light on
> that fact, that's all.

Well said. For 'redscaps' I'll say I've listened to bits and pieces of TMOS when I've read that there are interesting bits on podcasts, and yes, that information is posted here.

Mike's admission that he got into a drunken fight and screwed up his knee was turned into a heroic venture by his hyena-like krewe, when it was in fact behavior anyone should be really embarrassed about. It's the same for the admission that he was slapped at an after hours drinking session on St. Patrick's day in old town Manassass.

Now O'Meara talks about these incidents on the podcast because he has to cover his ass - there were witnesses to both incidents so it's better for him push his side of the story out before it's posted on DCRTV, which wouldn't really matter because he'd ignore any posting there like he ignores FFXU.

While recounting the slapping incident, O'Meara described Manassass as a 'stain on someone's shorts', and during the space shuttle blow-up show O'Meara and Rob(b) repeatedly said "that's what I hate about DC". So that's how much they like their audience.

Notice I didn't say anything about the Buzz incident, I'm sure there's plenty more examples of O'Meara justifying his self-serving dickishness, but it's not worth the time to find it.

If O'Meara's fans can overlook his attitude, that's fine, the this guy comes off as an entitled, self-centered jerk.

Posted by: Larry Fine ()
Date: April 26, 2012 10:42AM

Redscaps Wrote:
> Actually he did apologize on air to buzz directly
> and that was last week.

That's delusional.

Wednesday, following the meltdown, Mike read three messages from Facebook, one was critical, two were supportive. Then he proudly said, "That's all I got!

He looked like an idiot, ignoring the tidal wave of negative comments on his very own message board. At that point there must have been at least a hundred of them, but Mike reads one negative Facebook comment and thinks it's over and done.

He told Oscar that he was "part of the problem", because Oscar had the temerity to say, "You're getting personal" during Mike's tantrum.

Mike continued, "That's all I got, so that says that we were able to move by it yesterday, but Buzz, don't ever do that to me again."

I didn't hear any mention of the incident on Thursday's show and still no apology. Maybe I missed it.

Finally, on Friday, after Marc made him read some of the 100 critical comments, Mike came as close as he ever would to a mea culpa: First, he named himself "Douche Bag of the Week" but that was merely a formality. The listeners had already given him that award by consensus three days earlier.

"We all came in a little keyed up over the Space Shuttle on Tuesday..."

"Buzz and I got into a little argument about geometry..."

"Buzz is snarky and sometimes that lights my candle..."

"I said to him things that in retrospect were not fair..."

"At the end of the show I said, 'Let's not do this' and I think I took responsibility for it..."

"I said I'm sorry for this, but this lights my candle and we gotta lighten it up."

"It was out of line and I accepted TOTAL responsibility for it, BUT..."

"Buzz can push my buttons more than anybody..."

He addressed it but he didn't apologize. He claims to have apologized to Buzz privately but he should have done it on the show. That's where the meltdown happened.

If his alleged private apology was as his public statement, it doesn't count as an apology at all.

All that semi-coherent babbling can be translated as, "I take total responsibility but it's the other guy's fault 'cause he started it."

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: April 26, 2012 10:43AM

Totally agree with Former JFK listener. The show always starts off on the wrong foot - with a terrible, forced opening bit. If it's a 3/10, that's a good day. Usually it's a complete and utter fail, but you'd never guess by the cheesy laughter coming from the yes-man krewe. Then LFF list his "topics" of the day, far more than they'll ever get to, and just whatever random things he thought of while taking his morning dump. He talks about spinning plates and having too much to do, but I can't imagine a scenario where he works more than 20 minutes outside of the actual recording of the show. There is no accountability. He belittles any listener that provides criticism, even if it's relatively constructive and accurate. There's no program director or general manager to provide suggestions or point out things that need improvement.

Buzz, Rob(b) and Marc really have nothing going on in their lives. At least Buzz keeps his boring existence to himself, I'm tired of hearing about Rob(b)'s terrible Mr. Mom life in excruciating detail. The only redeeming feature is when Oscar interrupts and Rob(b) gets pissy and either comes back with a racist retort or a simple "Why don't you shut up?"

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 26, 2012 10:49AM

i think it would be a much better show if everyone just stopped constantly kissing mike's ass. sure, they'll call him out for something on a pretty rare occassion, but it's VERY rare.

robb does come up with a few funny lines, but his interruptions are just endless. i don't even want him off the show, just LESS of him. hell, it's not too often that oscar or buzz get a few words in. if oscar does, he has to really overtalk everyone else, which he seems to have figured out.

i listen to the podcasts, and also subscribe for the bonus shows, which i'll continue to do. but, there's just things that kind of annoy me.

Date: April 26, 2012 11:04AM

Wow...some great comments here. I really agree with JC. Also, while I agreed with redscaps' first post, I can't co-sign his later posts. Mike scold his team for being snarky and largely forces them to behave...then proceeds to be the angriest snarky dude in Prince William. They are a lot of "what gives?" moments.

It is rarely - though still too often - completely unlistenable...so its still entertaining to me ironically at least.

JC Wrote:
> i think it would be a much better show if everyone
> just stopped constantly kissing mike's ass. sure,
> they'll call him out for something on a pretty
> rare occassion, but it's VERY rare.
>
> robb does come up with a few funny lines, but his
> interruptions are just endless. i don't even want
> him off the show, just LESS of him. hell, it's
> not too often that oscar or buzz get a few words
> in. if oscar does, he has to really overtalk
> everyone else, which he seems to have figured
> out.
>
> i listen to the podcasts, and also subscribe for
> the bonus shows, which i'll continue to do. but,
> there's just things that kind of annoy me.

Posted by: Baltimoron ()
Date: April 26, 2012 11:09AM

WELL SAID!

Date: April 26, 2012 11:18AM

also, if anyone thinks this thread is harsh, you should check out the stern fan network . . . WHOA!!!!

Date: April 26, 2012 11:38AM

Yes I understand the dislike but the sheer hatred I feel is a smidge overblown. I mean the past few posts have been legitimate points that if you look at it with an negative opinion easily support their view points. Im not trying to change opinions on the whole podcast.

It is fairly obvious some of you guys are lost to the podcast and probably not coming back to it. That is fine go head and feel betrayed. I havent burned out on the cast and I feel it brings interesting dynamics. It's called the Mike OMeara show so there will be some ass kissing. But I dont feel its crazy out of control. Though others might.

As for my whole "not listening so you dont know" argument. That was mainly directed toward washingtone because he seems so adament that the podcast's quality has hit rock bottom but yet hasn't listened in a long time.

Larry,
You literally quoted the words "i'm sorry" is that not an apology? It was addressed and almost all of the quotes explain that he was sorry. He was just fussing at Oscar because Oscar tends to be a pretty decent instigator. That is completely your opinion of the translation but not fact. I thought he put together an apology with an explanation of how buzz can get on his nerves, therefor he would blow up more.

Which I am fine with. That argument got really real and I liked it. Its fun for me to listen to arguments. If you havent heard the Kevin SMith Adam carolla argument I really suggest searching that out. It is pretty insane.

As for Robb, I could agree that his consistant drops can be annoying but that was also specifically addressed in the show. He does get chastised for being uber talkative. I mean maybe they need one more person or one less but I do like the dynamic.

The suggestions are great if they dont follow them than dont listen to the cast. It is their loss but the hatred on here and the constant anger towards the "LFF" is really just unhelpful.

Fan 1997 I think im closer to you in your view points than others out here so I completely understand your love hate relationship.
Attachments:

Date: April 26, 2012 11:43AM

Andrew Ryan,
Not necessarily why not say its not selling well to get others to buy it out of pit or a sense of obligation. Happens on BOAD all the time.

Date: April 26, 2012 11:48AM

i've just never been a fan of those big outbursts like that -- just not entertaining to me.

Date: April 26, 2012 12:02PM

The problem with LFF's attack on Buzz, reinforced by his lack of actual contrition, was that you can't really take that back. The obvious analogy, and while slightly over the top, is the guy who hits his wife. You don't just hit your wife once, you're either a wife beater or you aren't. It's a line civilized people don't cross. The personal insults against Buzz were so spiteful and uncalled for that it really showed the dark center of LFF's personality. He's not a nice guy, obviously. The continual loss of respect for LFF is what drives some of this discussion. And the uniform lack of taking personal responsibility. LFF complains non-stop about not having any money, yet he still gambles frequently, hires people to paint his house and mow his lawn, both simple tasks that he could do himself in all his free time and save some money. He hasn't put money away for his kids, even when he was making his peak salary and blowing it on a failed bar. Someone needs to try harder, and it isn't the listeners.

Date: April 26, 2012 12:10PM

There is no defending Mike's outburst, in context of that episode and considering how many times he has done this.

Date: April 26, 2012 12:18PM

i'm with ya there . . . that just wasn't one of mike's "normal" blow-ups -- that was pretty damn nasty.

Date: April 26, 2012 12:39PM

LFF, arrogant gasbag and spoiled brat with very little comedic talent. He does voices.

Ted Baxter come to life. I find fascinating what heights of avarice and depths of balderdash he will pontificate upon from his hypocritical corpulence. fafafafa

rob(b) ain't much better
oskar the metrosexual slickee boy be that as it may
buzz pseudo intellectual but not really and I won't wave my degrees at him

I thought it was pig latin

Been listening to several shows of donnie g. Yes his demeanor sounds much better but find he repeats much of the same bits he overdid the last few years at WJFK. Oh gawd, not reading twits again. Makes nice with Lisa Remedy,OY! She's a big C who got kicked from a third rate girlie gabfest. Just seems to me a bunch of boring babbling. No humor here move on.

Artie Lange makes me laugh.

Posted by: subjective ()
Date: April 26, 2012 01:21PM

no matter if LFF or Don is the topic, if they are funny is 100% subjective.
i find neither one of them "funny", but as others have pointed out, Don is in a
good place now and seems happy.
LFF isn't and doesn't.

PS these comparisons of LFF to R&F are crazy
They suck ass, what a boring snooze fest

Posted by: mike's 'defenders' ()
Date: April 26, 2012 01:28PM

They always were just 'looking at threads' and stepping up to post long threads about how Mike is misunderstood, a good guy, and a wonderful entertainer.

If you were really a fanatic, why would you even try to go against the grain here?
Veiled compliments about Mike stink like bad fish.

He is NOT relevant. No one listens top his podcast as if he were still a viable radio talent. THAT is why he gets sliced and diced here regularly.

It's easy pickins

Date: April 26, 2012 03:05PM

I'm still a fan...I'm addicted to listening. Redscaps may be delusional with some of supportive comments...but half of the negative comments here are similarly absurd. Let's just stay medium.

By the way, most critiques of the actual hour show are spot on, and mostly easy to fix.

Date: April 26, 2012 03:48PM

A repeat of the transcription of Mike describing his post State Show meltdown:

"All sorts of dark, horrible, creepy, nasty thoughts creep into my, my world..."
"It's horrible. I feel miserable and I was not nice to my lady last night and we had a fight and she's mad at me and ahh. I think because I was exhausted and ahhh, depressed that I, I you know. She said a couple of things, gave me a hard time, just said she doesn't like the fact I've got my nose buried in the computer, like so many of us that have become addicted to the computer." "I snapped."

We heard the Buzz meltdown, but this one was even darker.

Mike is a miserable (his word) man trying to do a comedy show. So the show just isn't fun anymore.

Posted by: Cary Spewak ()
Date: April 26, 2012 04:03PM

subjective Wrote:
>
> PS these comparisons of LFF to R&F are crazy
> They suck ass, what a boring snooze fest

So say you but since they left JFK - they've gone from WNEW in the NYC to XM/Sirius as a national show that gets top-flight guests because of their XM affiliation.

Ron Bennington is one funny dude and Pepper Hicks/Chris Stanley is a second mic O'Meara would die for, someone who can carry a show if need be.

R&F are a real radio show, unlike TMOS who's doing what?

The LFF is done, put a fork in him.

Date: April 26, 2012 04:07PM

Did I sleep through the post State Show blow up? He was weird that whole week afterwards. What happened? Yelling at his wife?

Date: April 26, 2012 05:24PM

Fan since 1997 Wrote:
> Did I sleep through the post State Show blow up?
> He was weird that whole week afterwards. What
> happened? Yelling at his wife?

Only Carla knows. It was the Monday or Tuesday following the State Show where he cryptically mentioned it.

Mike: "I was not nice to my lady...", "I snapped."

Date: April 26, 2012 06:03PM

Redscaps Wrote:
> Actually he did apologize on air to buzz directly
> and that was last week.

No, he DID NOT, because fuck you.

> And i
> assume the wife beater talking is him speaking
> like it was not his fault but buzz's that he gets
> up set. He never blamed buzz but rather explained
> that buzz has the personality that pushes his
> buttons. Everyone has a person that is like that
> in their lives. Hell they even may be good friends
> but their personalities tend to lead to conflicts
> from time to time due to their differing world
> views.

He said Buzz pushes his buttons and lights his candles, not Buzz's "personality" like that would be any better. "She just wouldn't listen, officer!"

> As for him not coming downstairs, meh i dont
> necessarily think its evidence of a drinking
> problem. Its more evidence of a wild night before.
> But you can read into it if you want.

Again, fuck you, this time for telling me what I can do. Yassuh, Massuh, Suh!

Let's get one thing straight: "meh" is the "mwuahhhhahhhahhha" of the 21st Century. It's what you say on the way to figuring out that everyone who knew you was right all along and you are a total homo.

Second, yes, being too hungover to go to your living room to talk about how hungover you are FOR MONEY is a sign you have a drinking problem.

Third, fuck your phone.

Date: April 26, 2012 06:33PM

Let's see what the experts say...

Common signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse include:

Repeatedly neglecting your responsibilities at home, work, or school because of your drinking. For example, performing poorly at work, flunking classes, neglecting your kids, or skipping out on commitments because you’re hung over.

Using alcohol in situations where it’s physically dangerous, such as drinking and driving, operating machinery while intoxicated, or mixing alcohol with prescription medication against doctor’s orders.

Experiencing repeated legal problems on account of your drinking. For example, getting arrested for driving under the influence or for drunk and disorderly conduct.

Continuing to drink even though your alcohol use is causing problems in your relationships. Getting drunk with your buddies, for example, even though you know your wife will be very upset, or fighting with your family because they dislike how you act when you drink.

Drinking as a way to relax or de-stress. Many drinking problems start when people use alcohol to self-soothe and relieve stress. Getting drunk after every stressful day, for example, or reaching for a bottle every time you have an argument with your spouse or boss.

Date: April 26, 2012 06:44PM

LOL at Mike's Weight-Not ad...

"I lost 48lbs, gained some of it back, but I'm happy to be back on JumpStart."

FFS, seriously how many times has he been on JumpStart? Has he EVER made it past JumpStart? Makes me lol.

Jimmy was in studio and commented Mike "ate everything" during the Caps game.

Date: April 26, 2012 07:15PM

One thing I've never been able to find out is "Does Weight-Not involve hormone treatments of any sort?" What are the "supplements"? I don't trust it.

Date: April 26, 2012 10:20PM

Yeah, "Weight-Not" seems like one of those things that is too good to be trues. Maybe the supplements are meth and heroin? It's odd that the Failcast and BOAD are the only places I've heard of it. If it works and is safe, more power to them though. As long as the big reveal 6 months from now isn't "The supplement was a cancerous tape worm. You're all fucked."

Date: April 26, 2012 10:58PM

Weight Not is starting to blow up. I can't comment to its effectiveness - I just hear and see stuff from the shows - but they are opening up centers all over. I live 4 or 5 states away, and they just opened a location in a high rent yuppie hood here.

Date: April 27, 2012 12:16AM

>
> Folk...LFF is a DICK! He's a PRICK! He's a DOUCHE
> BAG!
>
> Welcome to the real world! Your hero is a fucking
> asshole! The Buzz debacle just shed more light on
> that fact, that's all.

Jesus Christ, dude. For never listening to the show you are angry as fuck all the time at them. It's a podcast, relax and simply don't listen.

Date: April 27, 2012 01:55AM

Did Oscar have enough time to smash that lady's laptop and iPhone before the ambulance arrived?

Date: April 27, 2012 02:41AM

Was she banging a WWE wrestler while the accident occurred?

Posted by: Orange Roughy ()
Date: April 27, 2012 05:00AM

Wonder if donnie g. uses same company as lff for podcasts?

Posted by: the 5 o'clock club ()
Date: April 27, 2012 05:09AM

Attachments:
fl5close10390606_1283536653_128.jpg

Posted by: Lady Baltimore ()
Date: April 27, 2012 07:24AM

HoneyDipCrisp wrote:
---------------------------------------------
>A repeat of the transcription of Mike describing his post State Show meltdown:

>"All sorts of dark, horrible, creepy, nasty thoughts creep into my, my world..."

When you read the transcription of that, it's very disturbing.

Posted by: Stephen King ()
Date: April 27, 2012 08:17AM

i'm a vampire baby
Attachments:
salem\'s lot.jpg

Posted by: Jimmy Tango ()
Date: April 27, 2012 10:07AM

Posted by: well adjusted ()
Date: April 27, 2012 12:59PM

> Let's see what the experts say...
>
> Common signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse
> include:
>
> Repeatedly neglecting your responsibilities at
> home, work, or school because of your drinking.
> For example, performing poorly at work, flunking
> classes, neglecting your kids, or skipping out on
> commitments because you’re hung over.
>
> Using alcohol in situations where it’s
> physically dangerous, such as drinking and
> driving, operating machinery while intoxicated, or
> mixing alcohol with prescription medication
> against doctor’s orders.
>
> Experiencing repeated legal problems on
> account of your drinking. For example, getting
> arrested for driving under the influence or for
> drunk and disorderly conduct.
>
> Continuing to drink even though your alcohol
> use is causing problems in your relationships.
> Getting drunk with your buddies, for example, even
> though you know your wife will be very upset, or
> fighting with your family because they dislike how
> you act when you drink.
>
> Drinking as a way to relax or de-stress. Many
> drinking problems start when people use alcohol to
> self-soothe and relieve stress. Getting drunk
> after every stressful day, for example, or
> reaching for a bottle every time you have an
> argument with your spouse or boss.

Damn, I'm not an alcoholic.

I guess I'll have to try harder.

Date: April 27, 2012 07:32PM

out of context, today's show is hilarious..

tl;dl: mike is bulimic!!!

Posted by: fortberry ()
Date: April 27, 2012 08:07PM

I, too, force myself to throw up the morning after a night of binge drinking, because the pancakes I made for myself at 4am were too heavy

Date: April 27, 2012 10:59PM

Bulimic and also too lazy to put together his own patio furniture. Because he's too busy working at most 2 hours a day.

Date: April 29, 2012 09:14AM

I enjoyed the friday failcast were oskar calls out lff for whining about having to deal with his fans at jimmy's tavern

Posted by: Suck O'Meara ()
Date: April 29, 2012 09:18AM

Redscaps Wrote:
> Washingtone
>

>
> Bodega Bob
> Actually his ratings were rising to well above
> lavar and dukes prior to the firing. He is
> talented and he had a good show going. However
> with PPM ratings replacing notebooks the sea of
> change washed omearra out. The only people left in
> radio are Top 40's, Spanish, Sports, and
> conservative talk (which is declining). There is
> still Elliot and other lasting djs but there are
> very few spots left in the morning zoo dj market.
>

An exact quote from Michael Hughes, I'm sure you can find it somewhere with a quick google search was "We would have kept Mike if he had the ratings." It's just that simple.

As for your "only people left" argument, there's still Don Geronimo. He does pretty much what he did on the old D&M Show and he's thriving with the PPM ratings. However, Don puts...you know.. hard work, planning, and care into the product he puts out over the airwaves.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say Mike if frustrating. We know what he CAN be. It's why we get so angry when we listen to the failcast and hear what he IS.

Date: April 29, 2012 11:01AM

LFF was in "fantasy land" when it came to his "ratings turning the corner" at WJFK. The only time he saw a ratings boost was when his show led into the Capitals' playoff games, which were being broadcast on WJFK at the time. When the playoffs weren't on, his ratings we still in the 20s.

Part of the reason Hughes lost his job with CBS was because of LFF's failure at WJFK. If LFF's ratings were actually decent, don't you think Hughes would have moved heaven and earth to keep him?

Posted by: Laaaughing ()
Date: April 30, 2012 05:55AM

If LFF was making any progress in the ratings at JFK, it was a well-kept secret, well-kept to this day.

And the failcast -- and its cast of nitwits -- garners attention the way New Coke did. It's a disaster, and everyone's curious about how the end will come.

Date: April 30, 2012 10:31AM

good grief . . . why is no one interrupting robb when he's talking about hard-boiling eggs?!! wow.

Posted by: Unhinged Jaw ()
Date: April 30, 2012 10:54AM

At this point, I have given up on listening and will read posts about certain episodes here. I am just waiting for the complete and total meltdown which brings the show to an end. That show, I will listen to.

Date: April 30, 2012 10:58AM

i'll keep listening . . . just wish robb would pipe down. i'm sure you'll find out pretty quick if there's a major meltdown!

Posted by: lolz ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:35PM

Have I missed the speculation on how much the podcast makes per episode?

Was having a conversation with a co-worker reminiscing about the Don and Mike show when I brought up Mike's podcast. My co-worker asked if that was Mike's only source of income and I giggled.

Anyway, anyone have an insight?

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:49PM

Unhinged Jaw Wrote:
> At this point, I have given up on listening and
> will read posts about certain episodes here. I am
> just waiting for the complete and total meltdown
> which brings the show to an end. That show, I
> will listen to.

Exactly. You(like myself and lots of other people I suspect) have reached the point where this thread is more interesting than the show itself. If anything interesting happens somebody will post it here. If I am curious enough, maybe I'll download a Failcast that day. Same holds true with the Big O and Dukes thread.

Posted by: Math and science ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:37PM

I finally heard the show where Mike goes off on Buzz. What made it so weird was how far out of left field it appeared to come. Maybe there was tension before the show, but that was a meanspirited personal attack. I seriously don't know why Buzz would stay for the rest of the show and not walk out.

Posted by: LuvChronicH8Ronic ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:40PM

TheNorthman Wrote:
> Unhinged Jaw Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > At this point, I have given up on listening and
> > will read posts about certain episodes here. I
> am
> > just waiting for the complete and total
> meltdown
> > which brings the show to an end. That show, I
> > will listen to.
>
> Exactly. You(like myself and lots of other people
> I suspect) have reached the point where this
> thread is more interesting than the show itself.
> If anything interesting happens somebody will post
> it here. If I am curious enough, maybe I'll
> download a Failcast that day. Same holds true
> with the Big O and Dukes thread.

I'm not even a VA resident but I frequent this site in leiu of listening to the Failcast.

Posted by: Unhinged Jaw ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:46PM

lolz Wrote:
> Have I missed the speculation on how much the
> podcast makes per episode?
>
> Was having a conversation with a co-worker
> reminiscing about the Don and Mike show when I
> brought up Mike's podcast. My co-worker asked if
> that was Mike's only source of income and I
> giggled.
>
> Anyway, anyone have an insight?

It's been discussed at some length, but to sum it up (please correct me if I am wrong, anyone) but this is Mike and Robb's primary source of income. Both their wives work, and they may clear a couple hundred a month, maybe, from sponsors and splitting the money five ways and equipment investments, etc. I guess Marc is in the same boat. Buzz does voice work and Oscar has a real job.

Posted by: Math and Science ()
Date: April 30, 2012 06:16PM

Unhinged Jaw Wrote:
> At this point, I have given up on listening and
> will read posts about certain episodes here. I am
> just waiting for the complete and total meltdown
> which brings the show to an end. That show, I
> will listen to.

It's become much more entertaining to read about the show here than listening to it. I do want it to be good, I just think that will happen.

Pages: PreviousFirst...159160161162163164165166167168169...LastNext
Current Page: 164 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.