HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...277278279280281282283284285286287...LastNext
Current Page: 282 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: RP 2 ()
Date: October 24, 2013 01:40PM

HA HA, all you jelly asses hear what Mike say 2day. He don't want nothin' to do with Dawn G. Mike is his own man, he don't need nobody to be a success sept for Oscar and Robb. Mike makin that money bitches on his own terms. Fat stacks of cash.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 24, 2013 02:03PM

The only fat stacks Mike deals with are in his shirt and closely resemble the consistency of "jelly, yo."

Date: October 24, 2013 02:03PM

LFF wants it known he also doesn't want nothin' to do with having a nationally-syndicated radio show if it involves working for someone else, starring in a sitcom, playing drums with Led Zeppelin, or selling out the Verizon Center. So stop asking.

He does, however, clearly want to fuck Oscar's girl.

Posted by: BIGSAC ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:06PM

Wow, LFF's opening today about how he's happy podcasting i believe is a direct response to what Don said about doing a podcast and how he'd always be in radio. And his mention of Oscar and Blobb was funny because he's got to be worried about all those headed to the RELM network. Oh, to be a fly on the wall when the mics are off in that nuthouse.

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:07PM

exffx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you guys think O'Meara will jump in front of a
> bus any day now?

I don't think FDB is capable of jumping.

Posted by: Dr. Bombay ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:20PM

Four Hour Club Wrote:
> exffx Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So you guys think O'Meara will jump in front of
> a
> > bus any day now?
>
>
> I don't think FDB is capable of jumping.

Heart attack yes. Bus jumping, no.

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:39PM

Yeah that opening speech was a bit sad. It's like he was trying to convince himself that he didn't want to be back on radio.

I think all three of them would kill to get a real radio gig.

Clearly, their plan of having their podcast on numerous radio stations isn't really working out for them.

Date: October 24, 2013 02:52PM

He spoke of reading all the online comments and speculation re. Don's return. Is there any other non-business forum other than this one where he would have done so?

Posted by: Samsonite Toss ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:54PM

Anybody catch Don on Lavar and Dukes? He said "Hi Buzz!" right off the bat. No doubt it's a done deal that Elston and probably Ardinger will be joining the new show.

Poor Mike. Stuck in last place in podcast land with a bunch of WJFK-reject scrubs like Blobb and O.

"Geronimo and Caliendo Show with Burbank News and Comment!"

Cue the drinking and eating uncontrollably.

Posted by: Curious Bob Hope ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:57PM

I like how he acted like he only lost sleep over it LAST night. Don G's return was announced on DUKE'S show. Yesterday was hardly the first day Mike knew about it. I'm sure Chad knew at least a week in advance, which meant Oscar knew, which meant Mike knew.

Posted by: Samsonited ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:59PM

Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
> I like how he acted like he only lost sleep over
> it LAST night. Don G's return was announced on
> DUKE'S show. Yesterday was hardly the first day
> Mike knew about it. I'm sure Chad knew at least a
> week in advance, which meant Oscar knew, which
> meant Mike knew.

It's not like Mike has seen Chad lately, or been on his podcast or anything like that.

Posted by: Oscars FIVE Head ()
Date: October 24, 2013 03:00PM

Samsonite Toss Wrote:
> Anybody catch Don on Lavar and Dukes? He said "Hi
> Buzz!" right off the bat. No doubt it's a done
> deal that Elston and probably Ardinger will be
> joining the new show.
>
> Poor Mike. Stuck in last place in podcast land
> with a bunch of WJFK-reject scrubs like Blobb and
> O.
>

Oh my damn if Buzz teams back up with Don..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2013 03:00PM by Oscars FIVE Head.

Date: October 24, 2013 03:01PM

Samsonited Wrote:
> Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
> -----
> > I like how he acted like he only lost sleep
> over
> > it LAST night. Don G's return was announced on
> > DUKE'S show. Yesterday was hardly the first day
> > Mike knew about it. I'm sure Chad knew at least
> a
> > week in advance, which meant Oscar knew, which
> > meant Mike knew.
>
>
> It's not like Mike has seen Chad lately, or been
> on his podcast or anything like that.

Nor is it like one of Mike's cohorts has a long-standing radio show/history with Dukes.

Posted by: George Jones ()
Date: October 24, 2013 03:04PM

O'Meara is like the little kid who didn't get invited to the popular kid's birthday party, "I didn't want to go anyway", (as he kicks at the ground)

Date: October 24, 2013 03:06PM

George Jones Wrote:
> O'Meara is like the little kid who didn't get
> invited to the popular kid's birthday party, "I
> didn't want to go anyway", (as he kicks at the
> ground)

Here's the thing. Mike would be scared/ashamed to go back on the radio with Don. Can you imagine the magnitude of shit Don would give him for the failcast?

Posted by: Borderline Personality ()
Date: October 24, 2013 03:10PM

And did you notice you he expressed his sudden appreciative man-love for Oscar and Rob as he gushed that they are the "straws that stir the drink". (quickly followed up with "and me" of course.) As if to say If you leave I'll hurt myself!

Posted by: RELM ()
Date: October 24, 2013 03:14PM

Borderline Personality Wrote:
> And did you notice you he expressed his sudden
> appreciative man-love for Oscar and Rob as he
> gushed that they are the "straws that stir the
> drink". (quickly followed up with "and me" of
> course.) As if to say If you leave I'll hurt
> myself!

Both Oscar and Robb have already forwarded Don their resume's

Posted by: Carla's JJ ()
Date: October 24, 2013 03:17PM

Not sure if you guys heard but Don Geronimo is coming back to WJFK. I heard it from a very good source that he will return tonight at 7pm. I also heard that Mike is fucking fat, lazy, lacks talent, has an alcohol problem and hasn't given Carla an orgasm. Don begged him to come back but Mike stood firm and said no way. Say what you want about Mike, the man has principles he will not stray from.

I can see Ardinger coming with Don but nobody else. Buzz made a bad comment about Dons fall off the stage, Don likes to keep Robb off mic and Robb would rather be someone on an unknown podcast than be nobody on a well known radio show. Dukes is scared shitless for sure. Dukes will be gone within 3 months and join the Omeara podcast, which may be what TMOS needs for the show to carry forward. Chad driving the show and Omeara sitting back doing hack impressions.

Posted by: Talent ()
Date: October 24, 2013 03:20PM

RELM Wrote:
> Borderline Personality Wrote:
> -----
> > And did you notice you he expressed his sudden
> > appreciative man-love for Oscar and Rob as he
> > gushed that they are the "straws that stir the
> > drink". (quickly followed up with "and me" of
> > course.) As if to say If you leave I'll hurt
> > myself!
>
>
> Both Oscar and Robb have already forwarded Don
> their resume's

Craig Harless and Steve Bryant would have a better chance than those two.

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: October 24, 2013 03:20PM

George Jones Wrote:
> O'Meara is like the little kid who didn't get
> invited to the popular kid's birthday party, "I
> didn't want to go anyway", (as he kicks at the
> ground)

PERFECT.

Posted by: peekza ()
Date: October 24, 2013 03:23PM

282...Semper Fat...

Date: October 24, 2013 03:30PM

Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
> George Jones Wrote:
> -----
> > O'Meara is like the little kid who didn't get
> > invited to the popular kid's birthday party, "I
> > didn't want to go anyway", (as he kicks at the
> > ground)
>
>
> Here's the thing. Mike would be scared/ashamed to
> go back on the radio with Don. Can you imagine the
> magnitude of shit Don would give him for the
> failcast?

"Mike's Look Around Podcast"

Date: October 24, 2013 03:30PM

RP 2 Wrote:
> HA HA, all you jelly asses hear what Mike say
> 2day. He don't want nothin' to do with Dawn G.
> Mike is his own man, he don't need nobody to be a
> success sept for Oscar and Robb. Mike makin that
> money bitches on his own terms. Fat stacks of
> cash.

I heard him say he hasn't been asked...And a lot of tough talk about wanting to be his own man before he admitted that Don hasn't reached out about a reunion...Poot

Posted by: Oh The Humanity ()
Date: October 24, 2013 03:51PM

Exactly peekza. LFF can try position the fact that doing a podcast from his living room is taking the "high road" in life all day long but it doesn't sound very convincing. I can appreciate his point that in radio your failures are very public which sucks, however, when you treat people like shit don't expect much sympathy.

Date: October 24, 2013 04:25PM

I would like to take a break from all the "drama" and point out how little "Your favorite D Dopple E Jay" really know about BYooosic... Apparently, the fat stain that thought Ritchie Blackmore "sang" for Deep Purple also has no idea that the Motor Booty Affair is a reference to World Famous Funkateers Parliment(They named themselves after the album of the same name) You would have thought that MAYBE during the announcement that they were playing OFailocon 2013, that maybe, just maybe Robb would play a cut from that album(which he obviously doesn't own), maybe the TITLE track...But NO, they are continually refered to AS A DISCO BAND!Instead Robb played Earth Wind and Fire... And if that wasn't pitiful enough, couple of days ago, during their riveting breakdown of Will Smith, Robb incorrectly credited Kool and the Gang with the sample from Miami, when it was a note for note copy of The Whispers "And the beat goes on"...Kool and the Gangs "Summertime" was sampled on the Will Smith track of the same name...That Robb played in the montage! Is he a lazy idiot or an idiot who is lazy? I don't pretend to be a DJ and yet I know Ian Gilliam sang for DP, and am intimately familiar with George Clinton's catalog as well as that of the Whispers and Kool and the Gang...Try Harder Robbb...Or better yet...Drink Bleach...

Posted by: OMG3 ()
Date: October 24, 2013 04:26PM

"Mike's Look Around Podcast"

I think I just pooped a little LOL!

Posted by: Area Man ()
Date: October 24, 2013 04:29PM

Wow, how does that make Robb and Oscar feel having LFF admit that he would rather do the Look-Around Podcast rather than get a radio gig if it means having any form of outside supervision?

It is obvious that no radio station would pick up the podcast as-is. They would want to do stupid things like get rid of the birthday segments and stop padding the show with old sound clips.

Robb and Oscar should now realize that the are slowly spinning on the Look-Around Podcast with no hope in sight.

Posted by: Podcaster 4 Life ()
Date: October 24, 2013 04:49PM

As long as Mike makes $4, let along $40,000, he will keep doing nothing and getting paid, and Robb will nestle in there up his anal cavity.

Posted by: OMG3 ()
Date: October 24, 2013 04:52PM

glad mike doesn't miss the "Drama", the drama don't miss ya either mate...so it's a toss..

Date: October 24, 2013 04:52PM

Just to put Mike's mind to rest about the endless speculation...NOBODY thinks you were the Real Talent/that YOU won...Not even yourself...If we want to know who "won" we can check the "scoreboard" Since Don's "retirement" he has worked at several stations for several years...You took a known commodity in it's home market and drove it into the ditch, then walked out on your last chance in REAL radio when you got fired by the Edge...so in summary, Don outworked you during his retirement phase and he's back in YOUR Market, working at the station that fired YOU after you diluted Don's "going away" gift to you...It's really gonna sting when he takes over HIS old timeslot(3-7) and starts actually broadcasting again...No...Nobody wonders who had the REAL talent or who won...We all know...even you...SCOREBOARD...Can't wait to call in to Don's show and clown ya jelly ass yo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2013 04:54PM by peekza.

Posted by: Poon Wrangler ()
Date: October 24, 2013 04:58PM

Don't forget, jelly, Mike be makin' dat mad bank and Carla got the CFO money comin' in.

Plus his fat skin has become stuck to the chair.

Date: October 24, 2013 05:04PM

Poon Wrangler Wrote:
> Don't forget, jelly, Mike be makin' dat mad bank
> and Carla got the CFO money comin' in.
>
> Plus his fat skin has become stuck to the chair.

Yeah...Mike took the deposits to the bank for CFO Carla...Just another in a long list of executive duties bestowed upon her...Like answering the phones, scheduling clients and billing...She's gonna make it after all!

Date: October 24, 2013 05:26PM

Nothing says"We're not on the Radio anymore and NEVER will be" like 10 minutes of Birthdays...WTF does Don think when he hears that? "Glad I cut those suckerfish loose"?

Posted by: Nuggets ()
Date: October 24, 2013 05:32PM

OMG listening to Mike spin the Don news on today's show is AMAZING!!!

"I want to have my show on radio stations." "I don't want to be on radio."

Soooooo many contradictions!

Always a treat when Mike gets to drop the victim card too. He was a victim of the radio industry! All the greed and corruption! Evil CBS is out to get Mike personally. Intimidated by "management." Dismissed by "the suits." Doin' it on his own terms now! He's at peace... Yeah, sure Mike.

What a douche.

The whole speech was so pathetic. Really hard to "not want something" you can't have to begin with!

Posted by: Manipumike ()
Date: October 24, 2013 05:38PM

Gee, I guess it was just too hard for Mike to say "Congratulations Don!" and leave it at that.

He had to turn it into all about him and how everyone else is an asshole but him. He is just the poor victim in all of this.

I like the guilt trip he tried to lay on Robb and Oscar about not leaving. Nice manipulation.

file.php?2,file=108853,filename=Mike-O_M

Date: October 24, 2013 05:44PM

I would like to take this time to Thank Donnie G for expediting the arrival of Page 300...A heart-felt Semper Fat to you Don...

Posted by: Carla Found A Peanut ()
Date: October 24, 2013 05:52PM

I haven't listened to the show or looked at this board in weeks. That's how fed up I've gotten. The bulk of the show became Mike complaining and carping about shit or the three of them trying to have serious discussions about politics and other issues that they know little or nothing about.

I saw something on Facebook about Donnie G. coming back, so I listened to today's TMOS. I'm in the middle of the birthday greetings now.

Mike's opening monologue got more and more bitter and sad as it went on until I don't even want to make fun of the guy anymore. When he talked about how people wonder who the "real talent" was, it was obvious that he feels it wasn't him. He just seems so sad and bitter and defeated that just feel sorry for him and hope he gets some sort of treatment. I don't mean trying on his own to quit drinking for the umteenth time or even going to AA (though that might help, I doubt he'd stick with it). He needs to check himself into a rehab facility for a month, own up the the pain he's caused people and learn to make amends and generally learn to be a decent human being.

When Mike is in a good mood, the show can be really funny. He's just never in a good mood anymore. I wish him the best.

Posted by: Mike's a useless jerk ()
Date: October 24, 2013 06:09PM

Nuggets Wrote:
> OMG listening to Mike spin the Don news on today's show is AMAZING!!!
> ....
> The whole speech was so pathetic. Really hard to "not want something" you can't have to begin with!

Yep, that's Mike: turning down invitations he has not received, saying no to questions he has not been asked.

Posted by: TinoTurner ()
Date: October 24, 2013 06:09PM

Whats worse then the birthday segment are the effing losers that continue to send in their birthday requests! What goes on in these morons minds? The show is already a quick 60 minutes so they want to stop the show for 20 of those by hearing Dick Queezey? If they MUST do it, they should max out at the first 3 people and not pander to everyone in hopes that someone will buy a Mercedes on their Amazon page.

Posted by: Yup yup ()
Date: October 24, 2013 06:53PM

LOL, THIS:

Pedro Moreno Wrote:
> He does not want to return to radio, yet pays to
> be on a radio station. He reformattted his show
> so Program Directors would purchase the show
> and...wait for it...put it on the radio. Liar.

Posted by: Patricio ()
Date: October 24, 2013 06:54PM

This thread is firing on ALL cylinders now!

Posted by: Riggo ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:04PM

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES MIKE IS LISTENING LIVE TO DON'S DEBUT ON WJFK RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?

HOW ABOUT SPEWAK?!?!?!?!? LISTENING LIVE RIGHT NOW?????

Posted by: Carla Found A Peanut ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:13PM

Jesus, they were probably 30 minutes into the show when Mike said, "Let's start the show!" as if they'd just finished the intro. Robb was like, "Uh, we did that already." It was awkward and sad.

Posted by: pum ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:26PM

Riggo Wrote:
> WHAT ARE THE CHANCES MIKE IS LISTENING LIVE TO
> DON'S DEBUT ON WJFK RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?
>
> HOW ABOUT SPEWAK?!?!?!?!? LISTENING LIVE RIGHT
> NOW?????

One million in a million

Posted by: Wabblegoo ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:29PM

Don is pouring it all out, opening up about "the end" of Don and Mike Show. I hope Mike is listening, perhaps it can give Mike the closure he so obviously needs.

Posted by: Greg Merriweather ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:38PM

Wabblegoo Wrote:
> Don is pouring it all out, opening up about "the
> end" of Don and Mike Show. I hope Mike is
> listening, perhaps it can give Mike the closure he
> so obviously needs.

This first 40 minutes has been FASCINATING

Posted by: Greg Merriweather ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:41PM

"Facebook is for losers and cat lovers"- Don

Oh please be listening, Mike!

Posted by: Wobblegoo ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:43PM

"There will not be a Don and Mike reunion." - Don, 7:41PM

Posted by: Todd M. ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:46PM

Wobblegoo Wrote:
> "There will not be a Don and Mike reunion." - Don,
> 7:41PM

"Because, to he perfectly honest, I don't want to split the money"- Don

Twist the knife, Don!

Date: October 24, 2013 07:47PM

This is RADIO GOLD coming out of WJFK right now.

Don is running laps around anything that Fatcast has crapped out in at least two years.

Posted by: Bitnessmang ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:51PM

Loving Don pulling back the curtain. Dude comes out swinging and nails it. THIS is how you do a radio show. Don puts out the real deal, no bullshit. No lies. No BS. Rivetting radio, not boring ass birthdays and Facebook messages.

Posted by: enzo ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:52PM

I got the strong impression that Fatman was blocking any moves by Headd and O. Putting a guilt trip on them. - A preemptive curse.

The thing about alcoholics is that the are: 1. mean 2. ruthless 3. selfish 4. untrustworthy 5. inconsistent 6. dishonest 7. manipulative 8. dangerous. ----A devilish mix!

I always sense these things when I listen to Fatman.

If ANY of those guys got an offer on real radio, they will be out of the living room in a NY minute. Fatman would do the farm report in Topeka if he got an offer.

I would LOVE to see Don bring on RJ. Radio gold!

Posted by: Peekza2 ()
Date: October 24, 2013 07:56PM

I started listening to Mike's show when he was solo in 2009. Never listened to a single Don Geronimo broadcast. 1 hour in and now I realize why Don and Mike was successful. This guy is tremendous. What a fun way to be introduced to a supposed radio legend. I totally get it now.

Date: October 24, 2013 08:01PM

Mike's Look Around Podcast, part of the Tighter and Brighter MORE Network, is proud to announce its next exciting show segment, Mike's Swap Shop! We never stop working harder for you!

Posted by: Happy Birthday ()
Date: October 24, 2013 08:01PM

I don't know what is worse of the Birthday Shout-outs.

The losers who have no life and have to write into a FREAKIN' PODCAST for attention or the freakin' podcast that READS THEM FOR SHOW MATERIAL!!!

Date: October 24, 2013 08:05PM

Bitnessmang Wrote:
> Loving Don pulling back the curtain. Dude comes
> out swinging and nails it. THIS is how you do a
> radio show. Don puts out the real deal, no
> bullshit. No lies. No BS. Rivetting radio, not
> boring ass birthdays and Facebook messages.

LFF says, "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!"

Posted by: pum ()
Date: October 24, 2013 08:07PM

Happy Birthday Wrote:
> I don't know what is worse of the Birthday
> Shout-outs.
>
> The losers who have no life and have to write into
> a FREAKIN' PODCAST for attention or the freakin'
> podcast that READS THEM FOR SHOW MATERIAL!!!
>

The latter

Posted by: Blob(b) ()
Date: October 24, 2013 08:09PM

file.php?2,file=99091,filename=Robb-Spew

Robb Spewak - DOOMED TO A DOG SHIT INFESTED LIVING ROOM SUCKING UP AND COWERING TO A DRUNK!!!!!!

Date: October 24, 2013 08:13PM

Talking about Mike right now: WRT reunion - "That train has left the station... I don't want to be doing a show with a gang of guys... [I want] One guy, sitting in a room pretending..."

Don has been a class act all the way: he has not said a single negative thing about Mike or DnM Show, just making it clear a reunion is of no interest to him and will not happen.

Don is a true pro!

Date: October 24, 2013 08:18PM

Listening to Dan nail it on WJFK tonight (1) reminds me of what made The Don and Mike Show so good and (2) makes it so clear why TMOS is so bad (it is so apparent now just all the things that are wrong with TMOS after hearing Don on the air again).

Date: October 24, 2013 08:18PM

Wobblegoo Wrote:
> This is RADIO GOLD coming out of WJFK right now.
>
> Don is running laps around anything that Fatcast
> has crapped out in at least two years.

Particularly when TMOS' best moment in that time was not their doing at all: Tom Gavin outwitting Spewak so easily with that high-tech caller ID thingy to get the super secret "studio" phone number....

Posted by: Pastry Dan ()
Date: October 24, 2013 08:36PM

So since we know Mike checks this occasionally are we going to make "The Mike O'Meara Show" thread the official "Don Geronimo Show" thread just to piss him off? I'd like that.

Posted by: Long time, first time ()
Date: October 24, 2013 08:57PM

Peekza2 Wrote:
> I started listening to Mike's show when he was
> solo in 2009. Never listened to a single Don
> Geronimo broadcast. 1 hour in and now I realize
> why Don and Mike was successful. This guy is
> tremendous. What a fun way to be introduced to a
> supposed radio legend. I totally get it now.

Where the real talent was always was obvious. You can like Don's style of radio or not, but the guy really is a professional ("look it up") who put some effort into being good at what he does and he does that pretty well. Even with both of their names on it, clearly it was Don's show with Mike playing a step down from Don's level. Whenever Don wasn't there, well, it basically went about like the current sad mess. If Mike wasn't there, no problem. Show rolled right along.

Posted by: Reality Bites ()
Date: October 24, 2013 09:03PM

Don is back on the air on WJFK and didn't even give LFF a heads up, much less an invite. Don gave LFF the clearest, biggest "fuck you" of all. Here's the thing. Given Don's comeback. Given RELM's level of competence and effort. How the fuck can Robb and Oscar hang in there with LFF's downward spiral? Who is the last man standing? Robb, Oscar or Carla? I used to think Robb, but if Don offers him a real gig in radio, even a small one, I bet he bolts.

Posted by: Poon Wrangler ()
Date: October 24, 2013 09:07PM

Long time, first time Wrote:
> Peekza2 Wrote:
> -----
> > I started listening to Mike's show when he was
> > solo in 2009. Never listened to a single Don
> > Geronimo broadcast. 1 hour in and now I realize
> > why Don and Mike was successful. This guy is
> > tremendous. What a fun way to be introduced to
> a
> > supposed radio legend. I totally get it now.
>
>
> Where the real talent was always was obvious. You
> can like Don's style of radio or not, but the guy
> really is a professional ("look it up") who put
> some effort into being good at what he does and he
> does that pretty well. Even with both of their
> names on it, clearly it was Don's show with Mike
> playing a step down from Don's level. Whenever
> Don wasn't there, well, it basically went about
> like the current sad mess. If Mike wasn't there,
> no problem. Show rolled right along.

It's been said before: even his OWN show is better when he's not there.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara ()
Date: October 24, 2013 09:08PM

I wish Facebook had a Mayday button.

Posted by: Wish I Could Hear Don ()
Date: October 24, 2013 09:36PM

Any chance Don's new show will be put out on the Internet somehow? Podcast? Illegal MP3? Now I wish I lived in DC so I could hear it!

Posted by: Fat Baby ()
Date: October 24, 2013 09:44PM

Mike's pathetic speech at the beginning of today's show was the epitome of his laziness. 'I love the good, I hate the bad. My internet podcast exists on my terms..., only the good' It's like saying 'I love losing weight, I hate eating less and exercising, therefore I will lose weight while eating and drinking uncontrollably'. Sorry Mike, you can't have one and not the other. You've lived in a fantasy world for the past 4 years, and it is quickly coming to an end. As someone else said, how about a simple 'congratulations Don'.

Do you think your prepared vs. off the cuff speech today wasn't completely transparent? It was. You might as well have announced, "I'm reading from my napkin now".

Did anyone else notice Mike's pathetic attempt to beg Robb and Oscar not to leave him? Odd coincidence that this occurred one day after Don gave a shout out to Robb, Buzz, and Chad, and not Mike, in one show. I wonder if Mike was listening? Did anyone else notice the crickets after this pathetic attempt? Neither Robb nor Oscar had anything to say. Not a 'don't worry Mike, we're with you for the long run'…. nothing.

Guess what Mike? Your hateful attitude, condescending treatment of your fans, and pettiness has come back to bite you in the ass. You've attracted these shallow people into your life. Despite your attempts, they will leave you as soon as a better option surfaces.

This forum has been predicting your downfall for quite some time now. And guess what? It's happening. Sorry fatass. Be a man and deal with it. Of course you'd rather lay the blame on someone else and continue to live a life of ignorance, never caring about the lives around you you're destroying. Don't' worry though… you'll be dead soon.

P.S.

I hate this guy. Can you tell?

Posted by: Missed it by that much ()
Date: October 24, 2013 09:49PM

I certainly hope Don's debut becomes available on a podcast soon. I only got to hear about 10 minutes. A fascinating 10 minutes, but I'd love to hear the first hour.

Date: October 24, 2013 09:59PM

Don's twitter has already confirmed the podcast will be posted. Hopefully it'll be sometime tonight.

Posted by: lolz ()
Date: October 24, 2013 10:03PM

Wish I Could Hear Don Wrote:
> Any chance Don's new show will be put out on the
> Internet somehow? Podcast? Illegal MP3? Now I
> wish I lived in DC so I could hear it!

It will be. It was very good I thought. He talked about Mike and "getting the band back together". I thought it was a really good show.

Posted by: RPII ()
Date: October 24, 2013 10:33PM

HA! Don ass aint make shit on Mike ass. Yall think Dons ish make no nevermind on what Mike ass do??????? Yall crazy as shit if u think it make differene to Mike.

Date: October 24, 2013 10:42PM

RPII Wrote:
> HA! Don ass aint make shit on Mike ass. Yall think
> Dons ish make no nevermind on what Mike ass
> do??????? Yall crazy as shit if u think it make
> differene to Mike.

Hahahahahaha....Yo nonsense seems to have run its course no?We'll see who ass be jelly when Don makes the move back to HIS timeslot yo....Ahahahahahaha

Posted by: Movin on Up ()
Date: October 24, 2013 11:01PM

So LFF was up all night, anxious about Don going to WJFK, yet Mike has "moved on." Yeah. Right. If Don offered him a job tomorrow he would say "fuck you" to Robb and Oscar and have his nose up Don's ass faster than lightening.

Posted by: wat ()
Date: October 24, 2013 11:01PM

a podcast form of dons show is up now on WJFK's website
its even cut up into segments much like the junkies podcast
my phone clocks it at 1 hour 37 minutes across 9 segments

Posted by: Help My Dumb Ass ()
Date: October 24, 2013 11:09PM

wat Wrote:
> a podcast form of dons show is up now on WJFK's
> website
> its even cut up into segments much like the
> junkies podcast
> my phone clocks it at 1 hour 37 minutes across 9
> segments

I don't see it up yet. Looked all over the site and keep refreshing but nothing. Can you post a link if you have it handy?

Posted by: Asdfasf ()
Date: October 24, 2013 11:23PM

Try this
pcast://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDonGeronimoShow

Posted by: Asdfasf ()
Date: October 24, 2013 11:25PM

It loaded in my podcast app from the old KHTK setting.
I have iOS and use Instacast app

Posted by: TMOS Stats ()
Date: October 24, 2013 11:36PM

Show Date: 10/24/13:
00:00-00:36: Ad
00:36-15:35: Opening: Don Geronimo/Mike’s Goals
15:35-18:16: Intro (Clip: Robin Williams, Song: Foo Fighters), Robb inside joke: Kelly WTNT
18:16-20:24: Ad (Mike messes up the read)
20:24-21:35: Chatting
21:35-32:12: Birthdays, Mike forgets show already started
32:12-32:24: Break (Song: Word Up)
32:24-33:33: Ad (Mike messes up the read)
33:33-39:53: Frankie
39:53-39:57: Break (Song: Bruce Springsteen)
39:57-42:08: Ad
42:08-44:35: Frankie
44:35-59:29: Red Sox (Mike disappointed that the Red Sox won easily), Mike forgets Meg’s charity info, Facebook, Todd Moore, Oscar says “jess”, Shannon’s yoga video (Mike gets too creepy, then Robb does too, Oscar has to stop them)
59:29-59:39: Break (Song: Eagles-Heartache Tonight)
59:39-60:51: Ad (Mike too lazy to run own fantasy football team on sponsor’s site)
60:51-70:17: News You May Not Need (Mike repeatedly shows he is reading articles for the first time)
70:17-70:24: Break (Song: Elton John)
70:24-71:39: Ad
71:39-78:23: Audio Vault
78:23-79:21: Outro
79:21-79:49: Ad
Ad/Break Time: 10:22
Birthdays Time: 10:37
Actual Show Talk Time: 55:11 (14:59 of Don G, 6:20 of Frankie, 2:27 of Frankie, 14:54 Red Sox/Facebook/Shannon, 9:34 News, 6:44 Audio Vault)
Songs That Came Out After 1990: 1 out of 5
Songs That Came Out After 2000: 0 out of 5
Topics Mike Doesn’t Talk About Often: Sports

Show Date: 10/23/13:
00:00-00:35: Ad
00:35-05:41: Opening: Frankie, Oscar says “jess”
05:41-08:11: Intro (Clip: Moneyball, Song: Boston-Peace Of Mind), Robb inside joke: Kelly WTNT
08:11-09:37: Ad
09:37-26:07: Red Sox, Facebook, Obamacare Website
26:07-26:12: Break (Song: Bananarama-Venus)
26:12-28:11: Ad
28:11-39:40: Mike Jr.’s world series clothes, Sponsor mentioned again, Mike Jr. at Carla’s work, Theaters, Porn
39:40-39:52: Break (Song: Beatles-Got To Get You In My Life)
39:52-41:20: Ad
41:20-59:47: Costco, Robb forces in Christmas jingle, Voiceover job, Bowling (Mike and Robb insinuate Oscar is lazy)
59:47-59:53: Break (Song: Johnny B Goode)
59:53-61:58: Ad
61:58-70:45: News You May Not Need (Mike repeatedly shows he is reading articles for the first time)
70:45-70:50: Break (Song: Aerosmith-The Other Side)
70:50-71:45: Ad
71:45-78:42: Audio Vault
78:42-79:20: Outro
79:20-79:46: Ad
Ad/Break Time: 9:22
Actual Show Talk Time: 70:24
Songs That Came Out After 1990: 0 out of 5
Topics Mike Doesn’t Talk About Often: Sports, Politics

Posted by: Weird Feelings ()
Date: October 24, 2013 11:37PM

If I heard someone I hadn't worked with in five years and who I had "moved on" from because I found my true calling ended up doing something he loved, my "weird feelings" would range from happiness to indifference. If I felt bad or jealous or anxious about it, then I would consider that evidence that I hadn't, in fact, "moved on."

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: October 24, 2013 11:50PM

TMOS Stats Wrote:
> Show Date: 10/24/13:
> 00:00-00:36: Ad
> 00:36-15:35: Opening: Don Geronimo/Mike’s Goals
> 15:35-18:16: Intro (Clip: Robin Williams, Song:
> Foo Fighters), Robb inside joke: Kelly WTNT
> 18:16-20:24: Ad (Mike messes up the read)
> 20:24-21:35: Chatting
> 21:35-32:12: Birthdays, Mike forgets show already
> started
> 32:12-32:24: Break (Song: Word Up)
> 32:24-33:33: Ad (Mike messes up the read)
> 33:33-39:53: Frankie
> 39:53-39:57: Break (Song: Bruce Springsteen)
> 39:57-42:08: Ad
> 42:08-44:35: Frankie
> 44:35-59:29: Red Sox (Mike disappointed that the
> Red Sox won easily), Mike forgets Meg’s charity
> info, Facebook, Todd Moore, Oscar says “jess”,
> Shannon’s yoga video (Mike gets too creepy, then
> Robb does too, Oscar has to stop them)
> 59:29-59:39: Break (Song: Eagles-Heartache
> Tonight)
> 59:39-60:51: Ad (Mike too lazy to run own fantasy
> football team on sponsor’s site)
> 60:51-70:17: News You May Not Need (Mike
> repeatedly shows he is reading articles for the
> first time)
> 70:17-70:24: Break (Song: Elton John)
> 70:24-71:39: Ad
> 71:39-78:23: Audio Vault
> 78:23-79:21: Outro
> 79:21-79:49: Ad
> Ad/Break Time: 10:22
> Birthdays Time: 10:37
> Actual Show Talk Time: 55:11 (14:59 of Don G, 6:20
> of Frankie, 2:27 of Frankie, 14:54 Red
> Sox/Facebook/Shannon, 9:34 News, 6:44 Audio
> Vault)
> Songs That Came Out After 1990: 1 out of 5
> Songs That Came Out After 2000: 0 out of 5
> Topics Mike Doesn’t Talk About Often: Sports
>
> Show Date: 10/23/13:
> 00:00-00:35: Ad
> 00:35-05:41: Opening: Frankie, Oscar says
> “jess”
> 05:41-08:11: Intro (Clip: Moneyball, Song:
> Boston-Peace Of Mind), Robb inside joke: Kelly
> WTNT
> 08:11-09:37: Ad
> 09:37-26:07: Red Sox, Facebook, Obamacare Website
> 26:07-26:12: Break (Song: Bananarama-Venus)
> 26:12-28:11: Ad
> 28:11-39:40: Mike Jr.’s world series clothes,
> Sponsor mentioned again, Mike Jr. at Carla’s
> work, Theaters, Porn
> 39:40-39:52: Break (Song: Beatles-Got To Get You
> In My Life)
> 39:52-41:20: Ad
> 41:20-59:47: Costco, Robb forces in Christmas
> jingle, Voiceover job, Bowling (Mike and Robb
> insinuate Oscar is lazy)
> 59:47-59:53: Break (Song: Johnny B Goode)
> 59:53-61:58: Ad
> 61:58-70:45: News You May Not Need (Mike
> repeatedly shows he is reading articles for the
> first time)
> 70:45-70:50: Break (Song: Aerosmith-The Other
> Side)
> 70:50-71:45: Ad
> 71:45-78:42: Audio Vault
> 78:42-79:20: Outro
> 79:20-79:46: Ad
> Ad/Break Time: 9:22
> Actual Show Talk Time: 70:24
> Songs That Came Out After 1990: 0 out of 5
> Topics Mike Doesn’t Talk About Often: Sports,
> Politics

I tip my cap to you, good sir.

Date: October 24, 2013 11:54PM

I heard the first 2 breaks of Doni's show. It was the first time I had been excited about listening to 106.7 in years! So cool to hear him on in DC again! Brought back some great memories.

Posted by: Fan since 106.7 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:26AM

Don addresses the Don & Mike rumors in a very honest, generous, and open way on his new show. I've heard a ton of his explanations, lies, half lies, truths, etc. from him (his story re: crews getting fired felt super fake) on various issues at WJFK and KHTK. This felt real, even emotional at one point.

http://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=29961898&refid=asa

Two quick (kinda) quotes:
- Mike is the most talented guy I met in radio.
- I support Mike and his podcast.

Date: October 25, 2013 12:29AM

He was definitely emotional. That was the main thing my hubby pointed out. Not surprising when he is basically recapping his whole life in 2 breaks. I for one was riveted.

Posted by: Fan since 106.7 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:34AM

And yes, the show is good. Much better than his morning show, and in the neighborhood of his (solo) peak in middays.

Bill Rohland is on the show? I heard somebody else laughing. Look, I think Don is best with 2 or less mic guys, but it kills me to hear his truthful (see my above post, prior to hearing segment one) statement about not wanting to "have a bunch of guys", then finding out that he has a DC crew. Weird.

Posted by: enzo ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:49AM

Please, is that Fatman's house on Grant Ave.? It makes we want to stop picking on him.

Posted by: don g show ()
Date: October 25, 2013 01:05AM

I think the board op and Bill will have much smaller roles than the nimwits on his shows in Sac. He just needs someone to talk to and occasionally have back and forth with, I didn't hear it as his new krewe. He's always talked with anyone.
Agree it was miles better than Sac. He did sound much happier, I was interested to hear the shit at khtk. Who was the pd who fired him?

Date: October 25, 2013 01:28AM

don g show Wrote:
> I think the board op and Bill will have much
> smaller roles than the nimwits on his shows in
> Sac. He just needs someone to talk to and
> occasionally have back and forth with, I didn't
> hear it as his new krewe. He's always talked with
> anyone.
> Agree it was miles better than Sac. He did sound
> much happier, I was interested to hear the shit at
> khtk. Who was the pd who fired him?

Steve Cottingham, I believe was his name.

Posted by: LOLscar ()
Date: October 25, 2013 04:20AM

Steve is the GM, Byron Kennedy is the PD

Posted by: Mike you may not need ()
Date: October 25, 2013 07:48AM

The reason Mike sounds like he is reading the news for the first time and screwing up is because he is reading the news for the first time.

Rob preps the news read sheet for him.

Yes, Mike is that lazy.

Yes, Rob is that much of a pussy.

newspaper.jpg

Posted by: Truthful Moment ()
Date: October 25, 2013 08:15AM

There is nothing more emotional than Mike's tearful vignettes of how his life has changed as a result if his dog shitting in his studio.

Date: October 25, 2013 08:20AM

LOLscar Wrote:
> Steve is the GM, Byron Kennedy is the PD

My mistake. You're right - thanks for straightening that out :)

Date: October 25, 2013 09:45AM

Mike you may not need Wrote:
> The reason Mike sounds like he is reading the news
> for the first time and screwing up is because he
> is reading the news for the first time.
>
> Rob preps the news read sheet for him.
>
> Yes, Mike is that lazy.
>
> Yes, Rob is that much of a pussy.
>
> "http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/e
> n/newswire/uploads/2009/01/newspaper.jpg" />

That newspaper headline is also the font size Robb has to use for Mike.

Date: October 25, 2013 09:48AM

Help My Dumb Ass Wrote:
> wat Wrote:
> -----
> > a podcast form of dons show is up now on WJFK's
> > website
> > its even cut up into segments much like the
> > junkies podcast
> > my phone clocks it at 1 hour 37 minutes across
> 9
> > segments
>
>
> I don't see it up yet. Looked all over the site
> and keep refreshing but nothing. Can you post a
> link if you have it handy?

Also comes up nicely in Podkicker app.

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: October 25, 2013 09:50AM

It is shocking how bad Mike's show is after listening to Don's first return show.

Posted by: Oscars FIVE Head ()
Date: October 25, 2013 10:00AM

Blobb Spewsack Wrote:
> It is shocking how bad Mike's show is after
> listening to Don's first return show.

It truly is....just shameful

Posted by: RIF ()
Date: October 25, 2013 10:12AM

peekza Wrote:
> I would like to take a break from all the "drama"
> and point out how little "Your favorite D Dopple E
> Jay" really know about BYooosic... Apparently, the
> fat stain that thought Ritchie Blackmore "sang"
> for Deep Purple also has no idea that the Motor
> Booty Affair is a reference to World Famous
> Funkateers Parliment(They named themselves after
> the album of the same name) You would have thought
> that MAYBE during the announcement that they were
> playing OFailocon 2013, that maybe, just maybe
> Robb would play a cut from that album(which he
> obviously doesn't own), maybe the TITLE
> track...But NO, they are continually refered to AS
> A DISCO BAND!Instead Robb played Earth Wind and
> Fire... And if that wasn't pitiful enough, couple
> of days ago, during their riveting breakdown of
> Will Smith, Robb incorrectly credited Kool and the
> Gang with the sample from Miami, when it was a
> note for note copy of The Whispers "And the beat
> goes on"...Kool and the Gangs "Summertime" was
> sampled on the Will Smith track of the same
> name...That Robb played in the montage! Is he a
> lazy idiot or an idiot who is lazy? I don't
> pretend to be a DJ and yet I know Ian Gilliam sang
> for DP, and am intimately familiar with George
> Clinton's catalog as well as that of the Whispers
> and Kool and the Gang...Try Harder Robbb...Or
> better yet...Drink Bleach...

This x 1000....

It's not that Rob(b) is into old music while ignoring the new (although that is annoying, too), it's that he only takes an interest in the shittiest, lowest comon denominator of old music (and new, for that matter). Everyone has their guilty pleasures but Rob(b)'s selections reveal that he has no refined taste for music at all and never has.

To miss the Motor Booty Affair reference is classic...it's not as if Paliament is/was an unknown band!

Posted by: Robb since 106.7 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 11:52AM

Robb's taste is terrible. He only likes schlocky stuff, in music and comedy.

Posted by: Robb since 106.6 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 11:59AM

And Elvis and the Beatles.

He doesn't appear to be aware of many of the greats, across genre and decade. Or any black artist.

Date: October 25, 2013 12:18PM

RIF Wrote:
> peekza Wrote:
> -----
> > I would like to take a break from all the
> "drama"
> > and point out how little "Your favorite D Dopple
> E
> > Jay" really know about BYooosic... Apparently,
> the
> > fat stain that thought Ritchie Blackmore "sang"
> > for Deep Purple also has no idea that the Motor
> > Booty Affair is a reference to World Famous
> > Funkateers Parliment(They named themselves
> after
> > the album of the same name) You would have
> thought
> > that MAYBE during the announcement that they
> were
> > playing OFailocon 2013, that maybe, just maybe
> > Robb would play a cut from that album(which he
> > obviously doesn't own), maybe the TITLE
> > track...But NO, they are continually refered to
> AS
> > A DISCO BAND!Instead Robb played Earth Wind and
> > Fire... And if that wasn't pitiful enough,
> couple
> > of days ago, during their riveting breakdown of
> > Will Smith, Robb incorrectly credited Kool and
> the
> > Gang with the sample from Miami, when it was a
> > note for note copy of The Whispers "And the
> beat
> > goes on"...Kool and the Gangs "Summertime" was
> > sampled on the Will Smith track of the same
> > name...That Robb played in the montage! Is he a
> > lazy idiot or an idiot who is lazy? I don't
> > pretend to be a DJ and yet I know Ian Gilliam
> sang
> > for DP, and am intimately familiar with George
> > Clinton's catalog as well as that of the
> Whispers
> > and Kool and the Gang...Try Harder Robbb...Or
> > better yet...Drink Bleach...
>
> This x 1000....
>
> It's not that Rob(b) is into old music while
> ignoring the new (although that is annoying, too),
> it's that he only takes an interest in the
> shittiest, lowest comon denominator of old music
> (and new, for that matter). Everyone has their
> guilty pleasures but Rob(b)'s selections reveal
> that he has no refined taste for music at all and
> never has.
>
> To miss the Motor Booty Affair reference is
> classic...it's not as if Paliament is/was an
> unknown band!

You're right...He has no refined taste...But to keep calling them a disco band? It's like he has no idea that Funk is it's own Genre...And he lives near DC...Home of Funk...Chocolate City...Pitiful...

Pages: PreviousFirst...277278279280281282283284285286287...LastNext
Current Page: 282 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.