HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: OMFG picture of Mike & Robb ()
Date: May 22, 2010 10:02PM

Jesus
Attachments:
28585_1481466359515_1319508598_31285927_7334590_n.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: This Shit Writes Itself ()
Date: May 22, 2010 10:23PM

1 more
Attachments:
29914_392776336727_705716727_4219156_5075980_n.jpg

Posted by: sloth ()
Date: May 23, 2010 04:46AM

Somehow driving the 75 miles through all the weekend traffic to see the sloth like demigods, even if the buzz babes were appearing, just wasn't thick enough

Posted by: formerfan ()
Date: May 23, 2010 10:27AM

Was channel surfing this morning and was surprised to see footage
of Buzz and the gang on TV, whoa! Had completely forgotten
about their show and hadn't checked this board in a while,
which I like to do for laughs.

I would've recorded it but I caught the end of the re-broadcast,
so you'll have to wait for them to upload it to the Newsplus's
site, shouldn't be long:

NewsPlus with Mark Segraves (DC50 or ch33 on basic cable for folks like me)
http://www.dc50tv.com/news/newsplus/

Posted by: Angie ()
Date: May 24, 2010 06:34PM

This Shit Writes Itself Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1 more

These guys are out playing golf while Rob(b)'s wife and kids are struggling at home.

Posted by: Big Duffer ()
Date: May 24, 2010 07:27PM

Looks like the golf outing was a flop. I see about 20 people there in the pics. The pic of the trophy table showed about 50 trophies, so obviously they expected more and it was a big flop. I'm sure those that attended had a good time playing golf and drinking. I knew Robb was fat, but had no idea he was that grande. Mike, also a fatty, should have walked instead of riding that cart. I heard Mike crying about money this morning on 98Rock. Mike, the money has peaked - if it isn't working now, get out of the show and look for a real job. The time is near for the demise of the show, I suspect. If these guys found a way to be funny - they just might gain listeneres - but as it is now. IT"S NOT FUNNY.

Posted by: The Gambler Kenny Rogers ()
Date: May 24, 2010 07:39PM

We all gotta be placin' bets on which marriage will end first.

I'm gonna say Robb... His wife will get tired of him watching Turner Classic Movies and drinking his Old Fashioneds everyday instead of being out pounding the pavement looking for a job.

What a lazy fat fuck.

Posted by: Howie Feltersnatch ()
Date: May 24, 2010 08:57PM

Big Duffer Wrote:
> Looks like the golf outing was a flop. I see
> about 20 people there in the pics. The pic of the
> trophy table showed about 50 trophies, so
> obviously they expected more and it was a big
> flop.

$45 x 20 people = $900

- 50 trophies x $11.95 each = $597.50

Total = $302.50

- $30 greens fees x 20 people = $600

= -297.50

A nearly $300 loss = FAIL

Posted by: Miss Mary Mack ()
Date: May 25, 2010 12:36AM

Why does he need a bullhorn? He's only talking to what, ten people?

By the way, we had a family friend who continually gained weight throughout middle age. His doctor advised that he needed to make it a goal not to gain one more pound - ever- and to focus upon losing a pound a week...indefinitely. Friend died about two weeks later of a massive heart attack.

Mike - you are a walking heart attack. Think of your girls.

Posted by: Miss Mary Mack ()
Date: May 25, 2010 12:42AM

Robb - The Paul Prudhomme look is not flattering.

Also, you are *way* too young to just give up on your health like it appears that you have.

Look around...do you ever see old, fat men?

Posted by: trollerz ()
Date: May 25, 2010 12:54AM

there is no way those trophies were 12 bux a pop...

Posted by: I p freely ()
Date: May 25, 2010 01:35AM

Dear Mr. Feltersnatch, You forgot to factor in the appearance fee for the Hooters girls(as an asside I finally vnetured for the first time in me life into a hooters in fairfax city to watch a basketball game place gave me the creeps and I'm a creepy guy) and ye Buzzito Babes too

Posted by: E to E ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:49PM

The golf pics---wow. I always disliked Robb's braying, even when Don managed to keep him in the background. Now I just feel sorry for the guy, to be in your 30s and look like that. Damn.

Looks like Don in on his way back!

geronimo to sac
Posted by: biff ()
Date: May 25, 2010 06:26PM

Don just announced: Going to Sacramento's KHTK.. how's that for blockbuster news..

Posted by: Area Man ()
Date: May 25, 2010 07:07PM

MoM is done. Who will listen to his piece of shit show
when Donnie G. will have a 4 hr podcast that will actually
be entertaining.

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: May 25, 2010 08:20PM

OKAY Brutha's & Sista's. This is my official retirement from this thread. Love you all (even the little brains) and peace be unto all. "See you on the other side of the rabbit hole" Thanks WTL, Your the Man!

Posted by: Charles Nelson Reilly ()
Date: May 25, 2010 09:52PM

cnrpic.php?i=3&t1=I%27m+also&t2=retiringcnrpic.php?i=3&t1=And+I+also&t2=live+in&cnrpic.php?i=3&t1=So+I%27ll+listen&t2=tocnrpic.php?i=3&t1=O%27Meara+will&t2=stay

Posted by: WJM's Ted Baxter ()
Date: May 25, 2010 10:10PM

It looks like Don G's show & podcast will probably put a pretty big dent into O'Meara's podcast listenership. According to Don's Twitter it will just be him and phone calls.... no supporting cast. So Mike will still be relegated to his "living room studio". No coattails for him to ride on this time.

Hang it up Mike, the last nail in your podcast's casket will be hammered in by Don on 6/21/2010. You'll actually have to look for a job now!

Posted by: THANKS ()
Date: May 25, 2010 11:02PM

Thanks WTL, Mcsmack,& Mr Reilley,for announcing your retirement, it's been a very entertaining thread. Some more need to check in..(Lady Baltimore for one.. Ted Baxter......youngdcian....Too many more regular posters to name. Boy, I'll miss the Reilley pics. WTL and Mcsmack regularly post in other topics. Where will we find you Mr. Reilley?

Date: May 25, 2010 11:14PM

Charles Nelson Reilly Wrote:
> >
>
>
>
>
>

Well I have to say..... God Bless You Mr. Charles Nelson Reilly.. Look at this as a new beginning and Thank you for being be a brave and intelligent soul!

Date: May 25, 2010 11:17PM

THANKS Wrote:
> Thanks WTL, Mcsmack,& Mr Reilley,for announcing
> your retirement, it's been a very entertaining
> thread. Some more need to check in..(Lady
> Baltimore for one.. Ted
> Baxter......youngdcian....Too many more regular
> posters to name. Boy, I'll miss the Reilley pics.
> WTL and Mcsmack regularly post in other topics.
> Where will we find you Mr. Reilley?

My pleasure and I'm sure Mr. WTL will put a nice little bow-tie on this whole thing, at his convenience of course.

Posted by: Charles Nelson Reilly ()
Date: May 25, 2010 11:33PM

THANKS Wrote:

> Where will we find you Mr. Reilley?

cnrpic.php?i=3&t1=Relaxing+in&t2=the+Saccnrpic.php?i=3&t1=+and+listening&t2=to+D

Posted by: tha F.A.T. ()
Date: May 26, 2010 12:00AM

Wow so many haters. Nothing brings me so much joy as listening to the Living Room Show. Listening to it grow has been inspiring, and hopefully Don won't cut into Mike's audience (tho I do wish him thhe best of luck). Since the Living Room Show's only an hour, they might be okay. Love TMOS! Lose some weight you fat forks!

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 26, 2010 12:17AM

"Over!!!? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!!!?"

This thread is far from over,,,
If anything I think Don getting a show that's podcast will actually help Mike and his sad little podcast,,
It will definately give him something interesting to talk about tomorrow

I also think its interesting that Don is going to the Sac-town version of the Fan
THE AM VERSION OF THE FAN
And it's still CBS,,,,Corporate Bull Shit

Is there going to be a Sac-town Donnie thread?

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: May 26, 2010 10:52AM

Hatemotor Wrote:
> "Over!!!? Was it over when the Germans bombed
> Pearl Harbor!!!?"
>
> This thread is far from over,,,
> If anything I think Don getting a show that's
> podcast will actually help Mike and his sad little
> podcast,,
> It will definately give him something interesting
> to talk about tomorrow
>
> I also think its interesting that Don is going to
> the Sac-town version of the Fan
> THE AM VERSION OF THE FAN
> And it's still CBS,,,,Corporate Bull Shit
>
> Is there going to be a Sac-town Donnie thread?

I haven't listen to the MOM podcast recently, but from how Mike has conducted his show both on the air and in the "Living Room" his talk about Don has been extremely limited. He'll only say something like "I remember when it was me and my old partner at WAVA..." Or something like, "I think this was with me and Don". But I seriously he doubt he'd devote any of his ranting time on Don's new show. He doesn't talk about Don rumors and memories, so I seriously doubt he'll change that. Mike has made the mistake of cutting ties with Geronimo and has drug Buzz and Robb along with him. Don may be a douche to other radio personalities in his own right, but goddamn! Read the threads! Check online! The people love Donnie G. They will always love him more than Mike. It seems to be the sad fact of life for the MOM Show pod.

Date: May 26, 2010 12:17PM

They've uploaded the o'meara show segment, it starts about 2:33 in the video,
latest episode from 5/22, and then Mike does some impressions over the
closing credits at about 30 secs from the end of the show:

http://www.dc50tv.com/news/newsplus/

Until I saw this, I thought the whole 'living room' thing was a joke and they
actually had a sort of makeshift studio with a conference table, etc. I will
echo what others have said, "My, how far the mighty have fallen."
Sad. Very sad.

Posted by: YoungDCian ()
Date: May 26, 2010 06:02PM

Nice “event” douche bags!

If the recent “golf outing” isn’t the biggest wakeup call for the entire cast and crew of the good ship O’Meara, I don’t know what will be…

From the photos and videos provided by O’Meara, it looks like the majority of the turnout was either friends or family of people on the show along with staff from the golf course. The amount of paying customers could almost certainly be counted on one hand, while this would be convenient if Dennis Murphy was the client’s accountant I really don’t think they were amused. I wonder how much the ad schedule they purchased set them back, I wonder how many scheckles they laid out for O’Meara’s appearance fee. Considering that there is no mention of that “sponsor” on their site anymore I think they finally wised up.

TMOS Sponsors:
Use this little exercise as a case example. It’s hard enough for small businesses to make it these days, don’t blow your ad dollars on this waste of bandwidth. Cut your losses now, don’t get caught in the undertow of a sinking ship!
Attachments:
Douche.jpg

Posted by: Perry Wonder ()
Date: May 26, 2010 07:50PM

mcsmack Wrote:

> Your the Man!

Hey mcfatso, it is YOU'RE the man, not "your" the man. Clean the fat out from between your ears, mclardtard.

Adios amigos!

Posted by: Don 4 me ()
Date: May 26, 2010 07:53PM

Unreal news! I can't wait to hear Don again! TMOS listeners will tune out in droves, I'm sure. Why should they listen to TMOS when they can hear Don for 4 hours a day? Welcome back Don - and good riddance TMOS.

Posted by: Sammy the Tooth ()
Date: May 26, 2010 10:33PM

Posted by: Clueless ()
Date: May 27, 2010 10:43AM

In interviews, O'Meara keeps saying 15,000 downloads a day. Does that mean paid subscribers, or include free listeners on the site? Can't figure how you can make money doing a podcast.

Date: May 27, 2010 11:05AM

Wow, Don is on an AM sports talker in Sacktown, what can Mike possible aspire to achieve at this point?

Ok I’m sure the noncompete narrowed Don’s options, but this was the best he could do? I think the station is right for him, but he is tarnishing the Geronimo brand by taking this gig. But enough about Donnie, let’s talk about Mike.

According to the D&M hierarchal rubric, Mike’s glass ceiling now maxes out at wedding DJ. After the disbandment of the podcast Mike will not have a whole lot of options, but he will be fortified with one thing, massive debt!

Let’s examine Mike’s monthly nut, this excludes podcast related expenses:

Mortgage (Manassas Home)
Mortgage (FL Home)
Car Payment (Mikes Car)
Car Payment (Carla’s Car)
Bike Payment (Mike’s)
Bike Payment (Carla’s)
Boat Payment (Loan + Dock Fees+ Maintenance)
Mortgage or Rent (Strip mall) Yes, he’s still locked into this property
Child Support (X2)
Country Club Dues
Bar Tab (various locations)
FOOD BILL (I assume a Sysco truck makes a monthly delivery)

There may be a few omissions but that’s the bulk of it, in no particular order. How does this guy sleep at night? If I was his accountant or financial planner I would be making some not so subtle hints, YOU NEED REAL INCOME! Stop dicking around in your living room and hit the street, maybe Davis Deejays is hiring.

Posted by: timmy o ()
Date: May 27, 2010 11:30AM

Wonder why he hasn't done any voiceover work or has he?

I'm clueless a lot meself but I believe you take that number of podcasts downloaded to a potential advertiser and say see this is the audience that will hear about your wonderful product
you know like how many hits on a website demonstrates the traffic and thus so on and so on

of course the problem being generating enough downloads to make it a feasible number for advertisers and generating enough cashflow for the podcaster to make it worth a shit
i think that's sort of how it works
has anyone been a success at podcasting yet?

btws, I too find MarcMaron's WTF itunes podcast most entertaining and funny

Posted by: someone out there ()
Date: May 27, 2010 11:35AM

heard doni on the khtk site he said cbs had jobs for him in detroit boston and maybe dc but he chose sacramento based on d&m's previous success there, i think it's a smart move and he said he'd be syndicated as well i'm elated i also still will listen to mike's podcast just wish he'd get off his lazy ass and do more than an hour a day

and doesn't cbs have anything for mike o? inquiring minds wants to know

Date: May 27, 2010 11:57AM

Mike could set up a profile on a site that lists VO tallent for free. He could also work with his agent to get his demo distributed in compilations that are sent to producers in the DC/MD/VA area. He could also make phone calls to his contacts and shop his services around. But surprise, he hasen’t! I think Buzz threw him a bone and got him a non paying gig doing a character vo for some side project Buzz is involved in, but that’s the extent of Mike’s foray into the VO world. I just don’t think he has the effort or tallent to devote to starting out as a VO tallent in a market full of established tallent like DC. He would have to get his demo circulated, hustle around to studios throughout DC/MD/VA for half hour bookings all for peanuts until he established himself. And let’s be honest, his voice aint what it used to be.

timmy o Wrote:
> Wonder why he hasn't done any voiceover work or
> has he?
>
> I'm clueless a lot meself but I believe you take
> that number of podcasts downloaded to a potential
> advertiser and say see this is the audience that
> will hear about your wonderful product
> you know like how many hits on a website
> demonstrates the traffic and thus so on and so on
>
> of course the problem being generating enough
> downloads to make it a feasible number for
> advertisers and generating enough cashflow for
> the podcaster to make it worth a shit
> i think that's sort of how it works
> has anyone been a success at podcasting yet?
>
> btws, I too find MarcMaron's WTF itunes podcast
> most entertaining and funny

Date: May 27, 2010 12:24PM

Like I said, the Sacramento station is a good fit for him given the history there. But Donnie, let’s be honest if you had offers from other cities, especially DC, you would have taken them. Yes D&M did very well in sacktown but isn’t that market 27th in the country currently? Don loves being a DJ but he also requires a sense accomplishment, this was the best he could do, I’ll bet on that!

If CBS had a place for Mike, they would have repurposed him when they canceled his JFK show, that bridge incinerated the moment he left 10800 Main St.

someone out there Wrote:
> heard doni on the khtk site he said cbs had jobs
> for him in detroit boston and maybe dc but he
> chose sacramento based on d&m's previous success
> there, i think it's a smart move and he said
> he'd be syndicated as well i'm elated i also
> still will listen to mike's podcast just wish
> he'd get off his lazy ass and do more than an hour
> a day
>
> and doesn't cbs have anything for mike o?
> inquiring minds wants to know

Date: May 27, 2010 04:31PM

Agreed, great to hear his voice again. Mike needs to go back to playing second fiddle and find an able lead man to fill Don's old shoes. Oscar could probably do it, but I don't think Mike's false pride would let him.

Sammy the Tooth Wrote:
> http://khtk.cbslocal.com/
>
>
> sounds amazing

Date: May 27, 2010 05:17PM

Mike will never successfully function as the second banana in any radio duo ever again. Well, there is only one alpha male that can serve as a top to the power bottom that is Mike O’Meara; we all know who that is. I often ponder waking up one morning to learn that Don’s departure was merely a bad dream, perhaps a bit of undigested food. Alas the cold shower of reality washes over me, caring away any delusions that may have been conjured after reminiscing about the good ol’ days.

Here’s a mind blowing thought. One day Don cracks the mic on his new station to start his show, but it’s not his show, it’s the Don and Mike show. With no explanation, out of the blue, Mike joins him in studio for a revival of the D&M show. Even if it’s just for a day, that my friends would be radio gold! Just pick up where you left off, do an honest edition of the D&M show, hell even bring Robb along. Could you just imagine…

formerfan Wrote:
> Agreed, great to hear his voice again. Mike
> needs to go back to playing second fiddle and find
> an able lead man to fill Don's old shoes. Oscar
> could probably do it, but I don't think Mike's
> false pride would let him.
>
>
> Sammy the Tooth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > http://khtk.cbslocal.com/
> >
> >
> > sounds amazing

Posted by: snowball's chance in hell ()
Date: May 27, 2010 05:25PM

YoungDCian Wrote:

>
> Here’s a mind blowing thought. One day Don cracks
> the mic on his new station to start his show, but
> it’s not his show, it’s the Don and Mike show.
> With no explanation, out of the blue, Mike joins
> him in studio for a revival of the D&M show. Even
> if it’s just for a day, that my friends would be
> radio gold! Just pick up where you left off, do an
> honest edition of the D&M show, hell even bring
> Robb along. Could you just imagine…
>

Keep dreaming

Date: May 27, 2010 05:31PM

So you’re saying there’s a chance?

snowball's chance in hell Wrote:
> YoungDCian Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > Here’s a mind blowing thought. One day Don
> cracks
> > the mic on his new station to start his show,
> but
> > it’s not his show, it’s the Don and Mike show.
> > With no explanation, out of the blue, Mike
> joins
> > him in studio for a revival of the D&M show.
> Even
> > if it’s just for a day, that my friends would
> be
> > radio gold! Just pick up where you left off, do
> an
> > honest edition of the D&M show, hell even bring
> > Robb along. Could you just imagine…
> >
>
>
> Keep dreaming

Posted by: Perry Wonder Sucks ()
Date: May 27, 2010 07:22PM

YoungDCian Wrote:
> So you’re saying there’s a chance?
>
>
> snowball's chance in hell Wrote:
> -----
> > YoungDCian Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > Here’s a mind blowing thought. One day Don
> > cracks
> > > the mic on his new station to start his show,
> > but
> > > it’s not his show, it’s the Don and Mike
> show.
> > > With no explanation, out of the blue, Mike
> > joins
> > > him in studio for a revival of the D&M show.
> > Even
> > > if it’s just for a day, that my friends would
> > be
> > > radio gold! Just pick up where you left off,
> do
> > an
> > > honest edition of the D&M show, hell even
> bring
> > > Robb along. Could you just imagine…
> > >
> >
> >
> > Keep dreaming

Personally - I think the only way that Don would agree to a reunion is that if his solo career took the same nosedive that Mike is on. In addition, if he felt that many people out there feel the same way you do and there was a market for the old show - just maybe. Maybe in ten years.

It's sort of like in rock and roll - groups eventually get back together when their solo careers have dried up and the public will pay to see them.

Date: May 27, 2010 10:46PM

Perry Wonder Sucks Wrote:
-
> Personally - I think the only way that Don would
> agree to a reunion is that if his solo career took
> the same nosedive that Mike is on. In addition,
> if he felt that many people out there feel the
> same way you do and there was a market for the old
> show - just maybe. Maybe in ten years.
>
> It's sort of like in rock and roll - groups
> eventually get back together when their solo
> careers have dried up and the public will pay to
> see them.

I don't see how Don could fail, he's actually funny.
He doesn't have his panties in a bunch like Mike and
the gang do. Considering how far Mike has fallen,
I'm not sure he'd want to re-up with Mike even if
his own show failed.

Posted by: Sammy the Tooth ()
Date: May 28, 2010 12:44AM

That segment with Dave Carmichael had me laughing my ass off and dripping with anticipation with what is to come.

Posted by: Mr Merlot ()
Date: May 28, 2010 11:29AM

The segments with Don on the KHTK website were funnier, more real and honest than anything Mike O has done on his podcast, ever. OR on the radio as well.
Mike TRY AND BE FUNNY!!!!!

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: May 28, 2010 04:04PM

Mr Merlot Wrote:
> The segments with Don on the KHTK website were
> funnier, more real and honest than anything Mike O
> has done on his podcast, ever. OR on the radio as
> well.

I agree... Mike's podcast is just so terribly unremarkable... It's just... I can't even finish writing about...

> Mike TRY AND BE FUNNY!!!!!

Maybe he's trying too hard to be funny? I don't know, it just doesn't do anything for me...

Signatures are for fags

Posted by: Stanley Richard ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:15PM

Tuned into TMOS podcast today. Terribly unfunny bit for the first 5-8 minutes with Mike doing an awful Brit accent. Was he always this uncreative? He likes hyping big download numbers, so I dont know what's true. I hear it as awful, but he insists it's going great and how tight the team is. Can they really be making money with such a crap product?

Posted by: This Thread Is As Dead As Gary Coleman ()
Date: May 29, 2010 10:10PM

Or Dennis Hopper....

Posted by: Next Step To Nowhere-Mike's NEW band ()
Date: May 29, 2010 11:16PM

Like J. Diamond!
Attachments:
Facebook | 13th Anniversary Memorial Day Weekend Bash featuring NLP.webloc

Posted by: E to E ()
Date: May 31, 2010 12:43AM

when was the moment when you first realized that the MOMS would never approach DMS in quality, and was in fact, terrible?

I don't remember the exact moment when it hit me, but I remember the first show, thinking that it wasn't very good but that it would get better. But it never did. There were, though, things specific to MOMS that turned me against it...1) the endless games, like the idiotic Power of 10; 2) Robb's increased role--more opportunities for him to be annoying; and 3) the endless parade of boring guests that they would not bust on! Guests were fresh meat on DMS--now Mike would try to sound smart interviewing political commentators, navy seals about somali pirates, the builder of the president's new limo. If I want politics I'll listen to NPS, not MOM. Jesus!

Posted by: TMU ()
Date: May 31, 2010 08:30AM

Agreed . . . I probably listened to one or two podcasts a week for the first month or so, and I eventually gave up. There's no entertainment there; you can smell the flop sweat right through the speakers.

Posted by: Greg Random ()
Date: May 31, 2010 09:48AM

1st day of his new show on JFK. He crowed about having to have been the passenger, and now he was the driver. Self absorbed shit. I saw and heard through his inert phoniness from day one.

Posted by: Jon Stewart ()
Date: May 31, 2010 08:59PM

I'm looking at the prices of the "bonus" shows on TMOS website... Mike is a fucking crook! $49.99 to become a "VIP" of the show and get access to the bonus shows through the rest of 2010... Did anybody tell Mike that 2010 is nearly half over?!? Or you can pay a monthly access fee of $3.99...... Or $1.29 per bonus show. They are even selling ringtones for $7.99!

What a fucking joke, sounds like somebody is running out of cash and is on his way to the poor house. Who in the hell is going to pay and listen to this shit anyway?

C'mon Mike, man-up and look for a fucking job you loser.

And Mike, those episodes aren't really a "bonus" if the listener has to pay for them...... dumbass!

Posted by: trollerz ()
Date: June 01, 2010 12:15AM

ringtones of what? i really don't like people with ringtones other than just a regular ass ringtone.

Date: June 01, 2010 12:47PM

Wow what more can they hawk? I have to imagine that the listener well is getting pretty dry at this point. The limited number of actual “fans” have to be kind of fed up with being nickled and dimed to a slow and painful death. This is what happens when you try to “monetize” a shitty product. Advertisers realize that they are not getting any return on their investment, listeners get tired of paying for the same mediocre crap they could hear on any corporate radio chain across the country, for free!

Whenever the O’Meara brain trust debuts a new cash grabbing scheme it makes me think…

I wonder if ol’ Mike actually took the time to incorporate his “small business” (not referring to his manhood)? Do the “employees” draw a salary, if so is the proper tax being withheld? Is he filing quarterly tax returns? Is his neighborhood zoned for business use? The list goes on and on. But the bottom line is, sooner or later the shit is going to hit the fan. As revenues plunge sharply, expenses will creep out of the woodwork, taxes will be due, revolving debt will compound to immense proportions. Mike is standing at the bottom of a hole, and too lazy to swing his shovel.

Posted by: Todays Omeara Show scheme ()
Date: June 02, 2010 01:24PM

Hes going to sell Carla's motorcycle to a listener. Because he needs the money and does not want to sell it thru EBay. Its actually sad to hear him say he needs money at the same time hes acting as if he was king of radio.

Date: June 02, 2010 02:31PM

Mike’s REVISED monthly nut, this excludes podcast related expenses:

Mortgage (Manassas Home)
Mortgage (FL Home)
Car Payment (Mikes Car)
Car Payment (Carla’s Car)
Bike Payment (Mike’s)
Bike Payment (Carla’s)
Boat Payment (Loan + Dock Fees+ Maintenance)
Mortgage or Rent (Strip mall) Yes, he’s still locked into this property
Child Support (X2)
Country Club Dues
Bar Tab (various locations)
FOOD BILL (I assume a Sysco truck makes a weekly delivery)

It’s a step in the right direction, but selling to a listener is a douche move.

Posted by: How Babby is Formed ()
Date: June 03, 2010 03:27PM

Is anyone going to share the bonus shows via MegaUpload/Rapidshare/BitTorrent/etc.?

Date: June 03, 2010 05:12PM

Since they can’t afford a proper ecommerce platform, I’m sure it will be very easy to obtain free access to the “bonus hour”. The best place to look for links would be the TMOS web site, in the comment section; this is where links for "RAW" first showed up. It’s a sure thing that this endeavor will blow up in the faces of the O’Meara gang, as past events have shown us. I have heard "RAW" and really have no interest in hearing the crew rehash it, I am looking forward to another bungled attempt to bilk the dwindling TMOS listenership out of a few sheckles.

I wonder what the respective TOS agreements say about using a free download service (MegaUpload, Rapidshare, etc.) to sell a product.

How Babby is Formed Wrote:
> Is anyone going to share the bonus shows via
> MegaUpload/Rapidshare/BitTorrent/etc.?

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: June 03, 2010 06:31PM

I tried to like TMOS show but have found way too many other FUNNY poidcasts to listen to. I don't understand how these gusy think their stuff is funny. No callers. No webcams as promised. Hardly any guests. It's the same old stuff - they talk about Mike's relatively boring life and problems - and they are funny. Robb laughs at anything: I wonder if he knows he's the only one laughing? Their loyal listeners have blinders on - they must not be looking around for real funny stuff. A few will buy their products - but a very few. These guys can't make a living out of doing this - the ship will sink soon.

Date: June 04, 2010 11:17AM

I think the key issue with the declining number of TMOS “loyal listeners” is that they are holding on to the past. They loved the Don & Mike show, Mike was part of that show, consequently they cling to Mike for sentimental reasons. Much like the diehard Whitney Houston fans that attend her current performances, they want her to be the star she once was and in their minds she is, despite the reality that is painfully apparent to everyone else. Much like watching today’s Whitney, the O’Meara show is an excruciatingly dull, half assed attempt at recreating the past successes of the D&M show, that sadly will never be.

Ralph Wrote:
> Their loyal listeners have blinders on
> - they must not be looking around for real funny
> stuff. A few will buy their products - but a very
> few. These guys can't make a living out of doing
> this - the ship will sink soon.

Posted by: BobCat ()
Date: June 04, 2010 12:04PM

Sure would like it if someone would post the bonus hour to rapidshare...

Date: June 04, 2010 12:46PM

Bob,

Slow your roll, the steam hasn’t even stopped rising from this pile of shit yet. Like I said, check the comment section on the TMOS site, you may find a link there…

Date: June 04, 2010 01:17PM

Got the email from MoM Show about joining as a member "for the rest of the year" for $49.50. Let's break down this atrocity compared to another subscription I have:

49.50 divided by 7 months=$7.07 per month.

This is a bit less than the cost of the basic Netflix subscription. Yet with that, I can get whatever movie I want, as well as streaming hundreds of movies and TV shows online. (Not trying to shill for Netflix, just trying to draw a comparison.)

Mike needs to get a grip. 50 bucks for anything related to a podcast is atrocious and insulting to what fans remain. Aside from Oscar, the MoM show needs to make some scratch doing other jobs. Look at Chad Dukes. While he certainly lucked out with the LaVar show, he's keeping up his RodKast going on the side; his admitted true passion. Mike: get a BS radio/promotional gig and keep your podcast rolling ON THE SIDE. You are NOWHERE near able to milk this thing as your sole source of income with your current lifestyle*.

*See YoungDCian's probable breakdown of his monthly expenses.

Date: June 04, 2010 04:31PM

YoungDCian Wrote:
> I think the key issue with the declining number of
> TMOS “loyal listeners” is that they are holding on
> to the past. They loved the Don & Mike show, Mike
> was part of that show, consequently they cling to
> Mike for sentimental reasons. Much like the
> diehard Whitney Houston fans that attend her
> current performances, they want her to be the star
> she once was and in their minds she is, despite
> the reality that is painfully apparent to everyone
> else. Much like watching today’s Whitney, the
> O’Meara show is an excruciatingly dull, half assed
> attempt at recreating the past successes of the
> D&M show, that sadly will never be.

Hey YoungDCian - I enjoy your commentary and feel that you are doing a great job with this forum.

However, I don't think you can draw an analogy between Mike O'Meara and Whitney Houston (or any washed up pop star for that matter). I'm a big Beatles fan so I enjoy seeing Paul McCartney. I enjoy the old 60's songs and accept that he is no longer current. I could make a list a mile long of old performers and entertainers. The difference is that they were successful as solo performers at one time and have maintained their following over the years.

The whole point with Mike O'Meara and the 67 pages of posts on this forum is that he has NEVER established himself individually. He has chosen to continue the Don and Mike show since 2008. Unfortunately, it is without the focal point of the show, Donnie G. He has made his big money riding on someone else's popularity. As you mention, you are correct that people currently listening to the Mike O'Meara show are just sentimental to the old show. They are the same people that would buy a ticket to see a show if Destiny's Child performed without Beyonce.

Date: June 04, 2010 06:16PM

Point taken!

I apologize for my faux pas, it’s true, Mike isn’t even on par with Ringo! To listen to TMOS out of curiosity is one thing, but to listen blindly and religiously each day has to be attributed to some form of mental retardation. I’m still grasping for an appropriate analogy, someone whose career mirrors Mike’s in some form, perhaps a poor man’s Ed McMahon?

Perry Wonder Sucks Wrote:
> YoungDCian Wrote:
> -----
> > I think the key issue with the declining number
> of
> > TMOS “loyal listeners” is that they are holding
> on
> > to the past. They loved the Don & Mike show,
> Mike
> > was part of that show, consequently they cling
> to
> > Mike for sentimental reasons. Much like the
> > diehard Whitney Houston fans that attend her
> > current performances, they want her to be the
> star
> > she once was and in their minds she is, despite
> > the reality that is painfully apparent to
> everyone
> > else. Much like watching today’s Whitney, the
> > O’Meara show is an excruciatingly dull, half
> assed
> > attempt at recreating the past successes of the
> > D&M show, that sadly will never be.
>
> Hey YoungDCian - I enjoy your commentary and feel
> that you are doing a great job with this forum.
>
> However, I don't think you can draw an analogy
> between Mike O'Meara and Whitney Houston (or any
> washed up pop star for that matter). I'm a big
> Beatles fan so I enjoy seeing Paul McCartney. I
> enjoy the old 60's songs and accept that he is no
> longer current. I could make a list a mile long
> of old performers and entertainers. The
> difference is that they were successful as solo
> performers at one time and have maintained their
> following over the years.
>
> The whole point with Mike O'Meara and the 67 pages
> of posts on this forum is that he has NEVER
> established himself individually. He has chosen
> to continue the Don and Mike show since 2008.
> Unfortunately, it is without the focal point of
> the show, Donnie G. He has made his big money
> riding on someone else's popularity. As you
> mention, you are correct that people currently
> listening to the Mike O'Meara show are just
> sentimental to the old show. They are the same
> people that would buy a ticket to see a show if
> Destiny's Child performed without Beyonce.

Posted by: hey you ()
Date: June 05, 2010 03:09AM

Someone post the bonus show god damn it.

Posted by: Why? ()
Date: June 05, 2010 09:26AM

Who wants to hear a few expletives for 99cents? I think TMOS will shit a brick the 1st day Don G is on offering 4 hours a day of the funny. It will cut into Mike's shrinking fan base dramatically. Fun to watch.

Date: June 05, 2010 05:50PM

I still think there is a possibility that Don's show will give MOM's show a bump,,,people will listen to Don and then maybe want to hear Mike,,,MOM could benefit from not being the stand alone Don and Mike fix.

Don's show might get some creative juices flowing in MOM
If nothing else it's a reminder that Mike is still out there too,,

HOW LONG this benefit helps MOM is the question,but I truly beleive it will help at least in the short term

Too bad mcsmack and WTL wont be sharing their opinions on the latest developments,,,seeing as how they created this forum

Time to pull a Brett Favre guys,,,your work here is not done yet

Date: June 05, 2010 06:09PM

Mike better have his fire sale (O’bay) real quick, while there are still rubes listening that will pay more than a dollar for his crap. As soon as Don hits the airwaves you better believe I’ll be plastering the O’Meara web site with links to KHTK! That’s when the shit really hits the fan. When the web hosting bill is more than double what they are making from panhandling their dwindling listener base, I think they will have no alternative other than calling it quits. The slow and painful erosion of moral that occurs between now and then will be rather amusing.

p.s. I have a feeling that we haven’t seen the last of WTL and mcsmack on this thread...

Posted by: Sherry ()
Date: June 07, 2010 12:04PM

I can'twait until Don hits the podcast scene. No more TMOS for hundreds, I'm sure. Did you hear Mike crying about not being able to afford a nice gift for his daughter? Maybe if he stops buying PPV movies, he can afford a nice gift for his daughter. Carls's bike sale now - the second bike later - then the vaca house in FL - it's a slippery slope from there with no money rolling in. These guys don't seem to get it. Bail out now while you're not broke. Buzz is smart enough to be looking, I'm sure. Oscar already has aopaying job - and Robb will hold onto Mike's dick until it falls off - or until his wife leaves him. Mike and Robb are doiuchbags.

Posted by: How Babby is Formed ()
Date: June 07, 2010 01:05PM

YoungDCian Wrote:
> Since they can’t afford a proper ecommerce
> platform, I’m sure it will be very easy to obtain
> free access to the “bonus hour”. The best place to
> look for links would be the TMOS web site, in the
> comment section; this is where links for "RAW"
> first showed up.

I haven't seen a link on there yet. I hope I can find a source for the bonus hours. As it stands Mike and friends are charging too much for these shows.

Posted by: suicidal listener ()
Date: June 07, 2010 04:50PM

Once Don is back, I bet a lot of people will drop Mike completely. I know I will.

That being said, it should be interesting in a trainwreck way to hear Mike's downward spiral accelerate once Don returns. Once Mike sees his already meager download numbers drop like a Tijuana hooker's panties, and he becomes advertising poison, I can't imagine how much of a dick he'll be on the show.

Date: June 07, 2010 05:39PM

I think I’ll be riding this weathered rattletrap of a show till the wheels fall off. Why stick around until the bitter end? We are about to reach the chewy nougat center of this heap of shit, now is when the real comedic gold presents itself. What’s in the percolator? The eminent failure of O’Meara’s scheckle-grabbing schemes, Mike’s ego crumbling as his chubby hands scrape the absolute bottom of his shallow pockets, cast members slowly filing out of the door one by one. This, and much, much more is in store for the loyal TMOS listener!

I’m not saying you have to listen every day, soon most of us will be spending our afternoons listening to KHTK anyway. Just be sure to check in for the laughs invited by the rapid deconstruction of TMOS.

Posted by: Survivor ()
Date: June 07, 2010 06:34PM

Mike survival plan:

Start a new segment that consists of snarky commentary on Don's show, including dishing the dirt on Don.

Posted by: Boston ()
Date: June 07, 2010 10:39PM

No way. Those tables could easily be turned on Mikey O. He'll stay shut up and quietly fade fade fade fade fade

away

Posted by: TMU ()
Date: June 08, 2010 07:13AM

Dcrtv reporting that MOM is guesting this week on a radio station in Balmer.

Tick-tock on the podcast . . .

Posted by: Fredricke ()
Date: June 08, 2010 09:06AM

Desperate times. Filling in for 3 shows while Mickey plays some deep cuts? Sad, really. Thing is, if Mikey ever got a real gig, he'd leave those other fucks so fast their heads would spin.
Except he isn't.

Date: June 08, 2010 11:51AM

Any thoughts on Chad Dukes stopping by the other day? He probably got like five words in while Mike barely covered his contempt for Chad's new show and the station in general. He lobbed jabs at CBS exectutives and LaVar while Chad meagerly put in his various "it wasn't my faults" with increasing irritation.
He might as well not have been there.

For a much, MUCH better drop-in, listen to Oscar's surprise appearance from the June 1st RodKast's Snacks of the Round Table. A true flashback to great chemistry and true humor, instead of Oscar awkwardly laughing at Mike's racist schtick.

Posted by: helena ()
Date: June 08, 2010 08:41PM

How can Mike ever get a return to radio? He can not fill one hour a day as is. College radio is better, quality wise. And being as he stated at the end of the podcast that his show is copywrited etc bullshit I wondered...

Does he pay rights fees for useage of music? The stuff played was not generic- George Harrison

Posted by: Copyright Attorney ()
Date: June 09, 2010 12:02AM

You know for damn sure they aren't paying for the rights to play music, feature film audio or Robb's "audio vault" clips on the podcast. And no, it does not fall under fair use. I hope they get caught.

Posted by: Copyright Attorney ()
Date: June 09, 2010 12:20AM

And at the end of the show when Mike gives his copyright 'disclaimer' & says that his show can't be reproduced by anyone without written consent-- that is fucking hilarious! He goes and plays other people's copyrighted material in his podcast without THAT artist's consent!!!

In effect he is saying... "I can steal other people's works, but don't even think about stealing mine!"

His copyright 'disclaimer' at the end of the show is a glaringly erroneous attempt at trying to sound professional, when actually it makes him sound like an ignorant moron that knows nothing about the law. I feel embarrased for him.

Date: June 09, 2010 02:08PM

TMOS’s daily, multiple copyright violations have been brought up before. While there can be a gray area when it comes to fair use and podcasts, there is no judge out there that wouldn’t find the O’Meara clan guilty of multiple counts of infringement. There are some hefty fines associated with these charges from what I understand. ‘Twould be a shame if someone reported the aforementioned violations to ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC...

Mike, some bathroom reading material for you:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Podcasting_Legal_Guide

Date: June 09, 2010 03:25PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Mike gets a "full time" gig on one of
98 rock's HD frequencies

He'll do a 4 hour podcast from home that will be aired on their network,,,,

Posted by: West Coaster ()
Date: June 10, 2010 06:27PM

This used to be entertaining in here. I can't remember the last time it stayed on one page for almost 3 weeks. Shows who the real carriers of this thread were.

Date: June 11, 2010 02:20PM

West Coaster Wrote:
> This used to be entertaining in here. I can't
> remember the last time it stayed on one page for
> almost 3 weeks. Shows who the real carriers of
> this thread were.

I guess the problem is that Mike's show was cancelled almost a year ago due to low ratings and low quality. Unfortunately, the podcast show is just a shell of the old radio show so Mike is currently dead in the water. I guess there is not too much to say anymore - I know I don't have time to waste listening to that podcast garbage. He will be successful again when his ego comes back down to earth and he starts appreciating those who support him.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 11, 2010 02:30PM

Him not being on the actual radio means you have to go out of your way to actually listen to the show as a podcast, and I'm just not doing that, so making fun of it has lost its allure.

Hearing him the last couple days on 98Rock though he wasn't so bad. He's definitely passable as a DJ when he's part of a team or group, and I don't mean like with his show with all the hangers-on.

Date: June 14, 2010 07:00PM

Last week had to be the high water mark for the MOM podcast,,,

Mike was on 98 Rock,,,back on REAL radio-----"Time machine!!"

He finally got the cameras working in the living room---haven't seen it myself, I'm sure it makes the show much funnier (there should be a typeface that denotes sarcasm)

He was mentioned twice in rumors on dcrtv.com---not sure how much he paid for that,,,

I'm sure he made tens of dollars on the bonus hour,,judging from the three people who commented on it @ the facebook site

And, maybe most signifigantly, the website that pisses him off so much has been nice and quiet

He's probably pretty full of himself by now,,,

Date: June 14, 2010 08:01PM

It just keeps getting better for Mike

Carla's motorcycle has sold for $12,000 to the owner of Man-grates,,

"Just in time"

Date: June 15, 2010 11:00AM

Looks like Señor Mangrates is attempting to purchase another friend. He already has Oscar and his girlfriend on the payroll, looks like Mike has a backup plan! How would Mike fit into the EarthWalk puzzle? Oscar is the yes man, I assume Kara gives a nice shoulder massage to lord Mangrates as he is perched on his throne of cast iron, I guess Mike would be the court jester. Hey, it’s a paycheck.

Hey Mike, remember when you brought home more than 12k every two weeks?

Date: June 15, 2010 04:57PM

Just saw this picture pop up in another thread again, thought I’d repost. It’s worth a second look. Now that the video is finally working on O’Meara’s site it appears as though he’s gotten wise and limited his camera to postage stamp size. I also noticed that the video I grabbed this still from is long gone, good move. An even better move would have been to not trot your ponderous tonnage around in short shorts to begin with! It’s going to take more than Deal-A-Meal to lose that spare tire, fat ass!
Attachments:
Omeara1.jpg

Date: June 15, 2010 05:03PM

YoungDCian Wrote:
> Looks like Señor Mangrates is attempting to
> purchase another friend. He already has Oscar and
> his girlfriend on the payroll, looks like Mike has
> a backup plan! How would Mike fit into the
> EarthWalk puzzle? Oscar is the yes man, I assume
> Kara gives a nice shoulder massage to lord
> Mangrates as he is perched on his throne of cast
> iron, I guess Mike would be the court jester.
> Hey, it’s a paycheck.
>
> Hey Mike, remember when you brought home more than
> 12k every two weeks?

I wonder if Oscar is partly responsible for Mangrates scooping up sponsorships with practically every big podcast out there. They also sponsor Adam Carolla and Marc Maron, among others. I guess Mike didn't want to be hawking for smutty garbage like Adam&Eve.com and Fleshlight, who sponsor everybody else's podcast, in case he gets another "real" job on a family station.

Date: June 15, 2010 05:24PM

If I had a shitty direct response product and no budget, sure I'd hit up the podcast circuit. It’s a no brainer, because you can work out a per inquiry deal that won’t cost you a dime if nobody bites. The podcasters only get paid a percentage of each sale, that’s why they direct you to a “special link”. So no clickey = no cash. Most respectable products (e.g. Slap Chop) don’t have to stoop to this level of guerrilla marketing.

Posted by: Effie ()
Date: June 15, 2010 07:57PM

Well we know the restaurant industry is certainly out for Mike's next job. No ABC license any time in the future to him.

Date: June 15, 2010 08:26PM

Let's no rule out the restaurant business quite yet,,,

Have you ever seen Porky's?

Mike is starting to look like Porky,,,he lives in Manassass,,,he just needs a nice secluded location where he doesn't have to worry about all those damn pesky ''laws and reg-a-lations''

Posted by: Expert Griller ()
Date: June 16, 2010 01:24AM

Yup, I will buy some ManGrates... But I'll click on the banner ad on Adam Carolla's podcast site just so Mike O'MorbidlyObese doesn't get a cut of the action! lol

Date: June 16, 2010 10:14AM

YoungDCian Wrote:
> If I had a shitty direct response product and no
> budget, sure I'd hit up the podcast circuit. It’s
> a no brainer, because you can work out a per
> inquiry deal that won’t cost you a dime if nobody
> bites. The podcasters only get paid a percentage
> of each sale, that’s why they direct you to a
> “special link”. So no clickey = no cash. Most
> respectable products (e.g. Slap Chop) don’t have
> to stoop to this level of guerrilla marketing.

Wow, that makes a ton of sense. Is that also why Carolla and others want you to type in a show-specific "coupon code upon check-out" when shopping on the sponsor's website; basically another way for the show to get paid by the sponsor, with the added incentive to the consumer of 10% off the total?

Your Slap Chop comparison is also apropos since even the "As Seen On TV!" products get their own retail section at CVS and Wal-Mart. ManGrates are sub-Slap Chop! But they're probably still a notch above Cutco knives in terms of company sleeziness.

Date: June 16, 2010 05:17PM

I know this isn’t the ManGrates forum, but don’t waste your money on this shitty product...

Next time you are at a steak house, take a peek at how they prepare their steak; that’s right they broil it. That’s the secret to a good steak; instant, intense heat, plain and simple. There is no need to use cast iron on a barbecue grill, because your meat (your read that right) is sitting over a very hot propane (or natural gas) fueled flame, so there is no need to use cast iron to hold/distribute the heat. If you were frying a steak on your stove then you would want a nice piece of cast iron to collect and redistribute the heat from the puny burner.

Why do I think ManGrates are so shitty? For $100 you get a small iron grate and a brush, sound good to you? Oh yeah it’s $100, now you know why they bury the price so deep in their web site. If for some reason you don’t like the grill marks left by your current grill, you can buy a cast iron “ManGrate” like product for a fraction of the price, just use google! I found several search results that lead me to similar products, one of which was larger and less than half of the ManGrate price!

Posted by: jeffy ()
Date: June 16, 2010 08:12PM

So what was the story regarding O'Meara's and the ABC board?

What's the story with the Old Towne motel in downtown Manassas, nearly rock throwing distance from the old O'Meara's, sure seems extraordinarily packed on friday and saturday nights. is what i think going on there, what is going on there?

Date: June 16, 2010 09:07PM

There’s not much of a story to tell. O’Meara didn’t pay attention, gave away too many free drinks and served too many obviously “intoxicated” people, all too often. They don’t fuck around in old town! The good ol’ boys network slapped him with some hefty fines and he chose to close up shop rather than pay. End of story.

As for the Motel, well, there is only one way to find out...

jeffy Wrote:
> So what was the story regarding O'Meara's and the
> ABC board?
>
> What's the story with the Old Towne motel in
> downtown Manassas, nearly rock throwing distance
> from the old O'Meara's, sure seems extraordinarily
> packed on friday and saturday nights. is what i
> think going on there, what is going on there?

Posted by: One Hundred Damn Dollars!!! ()
Date: June 17, 2010 12:25AM

One hundred damn dollars for ManGrates? Am I being Punk'd by Ashton Kutcher???? In fact, Amazon & eBay have a similar product made by experts in grilling with a better known name.... Weber. ManGrates are nothing new to the grilling scene. The Weber grates are bigger & cheaper @ $64.99 and are coated in porcelain which makes them easier to clean.

And don't forget your overpriced TMOMS hat... only $25!!!!! Give me a break... these guys are thieves!!! I feel sorry for the dumbass mouth-breathers that waste their money on this shit!

Pages: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.