HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
When did people become so fucking trendy that they absolutely must buy the latest cell phone on the exact same day it is released in stores?
Posted by: FUCK OUT OF HERE ()
Date: August 21, 2012 02:52PM

ayfon-5.jpgapple-iphone-fanboys-line-up.jpg

During the 1980s a family member of mine (who was earning six figures plus commission) used the same cell phone for well over 5+ years. He did not feel the constant need to upgrade to the latest model every single time one was released. He could have easily done so had he wanted to but chose not to.

Fast forward 25 years into the future....

Today people constantly feel the need to own the latest technology gadgets on the market. Six months after buying something, they are already shopping again to replace what they just bought a few months ago.

When did people become so fucking trendy that they absolutely must buy the latest cell phone/gadget on the exact same day it is released in stores?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When did people become so fucking trendy that they absolutely must buy the latest cell phone on the exact same day it is released in stores?
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: August 21, 2012 03:04PM

Why not?

If people want to wait in line, overnight, in the rain, who gives a shit. Some people like new stuff, some like old stuff, some can wait, some can't.

Doesn't effect me, so I have no problem with it.

Re: When did people become so fucking trendy that they absolutely must buy the latest cell phone on the exact same day it is released in stores?
Posted by: terribleeeee ()
Date: August 21, 2012 03:06PM

That is a terrible fake.

Posted by: TNT boom ()
Date: August 21, 2012 03:54PM

OP, you'll enjoy this

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

Posted by: Sam Morse ()
Date: August 21, 2012 04:15PM

What's a..."cell phone"?

Posted by: kokokokurrent ()
Date: August 21, 2012 05:51PM

Korean poeople are famous for this.

More so the prada kgirl mindset who is evangelical and loves eternal wars.

or any of the similar types or the men who support the women types above.

Posted by: free all day long ()
Date: August 21, 2012 05:53PM

These toads have nothing better to do all day. They dont work.

Posted by: Hey Dumbass! ()
Date: August 21, 2012 06:08PM

I'm one of those so called "toads" that doesn't work. Yup, you're right. Asshole.

I don't work in an office. I don't have a commute. I don't have to deal with co-workers. I do all my work at any time I feel like it, on the internet and can make my six-figure income from any cafe with wi-fi...even if it happens to be on the beach.

Posted by: YouLie ()
Date: August 21, 2012 06:55PM

FUCK OUT OF HERE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> During the 1980s a family member of mine (who was
> earning six figures plus commission) used the same
> cell phone for well over 5+ years.

With all the choice of mobile phones in the 1980's, this is extremely surprising NOT. Your post is stupid and you are a liar.

Posted by: Fuck You Motherfucker ()
Date: August 22, 2012 02:09PM

YouLie Wrote:
> FUCK OUT OF HERE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > During the 1980s a family member of mine (who
> was
> > earning six figures plus commission) used the
> same
> > cell phone for well over 5+ years.
>
> With all the choice of mobile phones in the
> 1980's, this is extremely surprising NOT. Your
> post is stupid and you are a liar.

yuppie+80s.jpg

No. Fuck You Motherfucker. His cell phone looked just like this one. He had it for most of the 1980s and kept using it well into the early 1990s.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:07PM

Point is there were no new models being released every day and you allege your relative is exercising some sort of self-control, when the real reason is a) it is hard to buy something or be tempted to buy when nothing exists to buy, and b) 25 years later his family is comprised of morons.

Posted by: ND IA ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:11PM

I'm young and make good money. I have a Macbook Pro and a $5,000 Maingear gaming PC. It's not my fault I graduated with good grades, job offers and signing bonuses up the wazoo. I'm not going to wait in line for the iPhone 5, but if I wanted one, no problem.

Don't hate on us for your pathetic shortcomings. It's not my fault your McDonald's job isn't doing much for you. Should have aced discrete math and non-relativistic quantum mechanics instead of smoking crack and collecting welfare checks. I would be shocked if the thread starter wasn't black or a spic. THen again, it could be disgruntled white trash. Either way, you can bitch all you want, but I still need my lawn mowed by next week.

Posted by: Nobody special ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:33PM

ND IA Wrote:
> I'm young and make good money. I have a Macbook
> Pro and a $5,000 Maingear gaming PC. It's not my
> fault I graduated with good grades, job offers and
> signing bonuses up the wazoo. I'm not going to
> wait in line for the iPhone 5, but if I wanted
> one, no problem.
>
> Don't hate on us for your pathetic shortcomings.
> It's not my fault your McDonald's job isn't doing
> much for you. Should have aced discrete math and
> non-relativistic quantum mechanics instead of
> smoking crack and collecting welfare checks. I
> would be shocked if the thread starter wasn't
> black or a spic. THen again, it could be
> disgruntled white trash. Either way, you can bitch
> all you want, but I still need my lawn mowed by
> next week.

Have you served your country?
Given back to the community and helped unfortunate humans?
Bad etiquette and self-centered toys are what you seem to pocess.
Who needs someone when you can jerk-off.

Posted by: uinnnnnne ()
Date: August 22, 2012 06:28PM

What's the first image that comes to mind of someone using Pantechs or using services like Cricket or Simple Mobile?

Posted by: GetReal ()
Date: August 22, 2012 08:41PM

ND IA Wrote:
> I'm young and make good money. I have a Macbook
> Pro and a $5,000 Maingear gaming PC. It's not my
> fault I graduated with good grades, job offers and
> signing bonuses up the wazoo. I'm not going to
> wait in line for the iPhone 5, but if I wanted
> one, no problem.
>
> Don't hate on us for your pathetic shortcomings.
> It's not my fault your McDonald's job isn't doing
> much for you. Should have aced discrete math and
> non-relativistic quantum mechanics instead of
> smoking crack and collecting welfare checks. I
> would be shocked if the thread starter wasn't
> black or a spic. THen again, it could be
> disgruntled white trash. Either way, you can bitch
> all you want, but I still need my lawn mowed by
> next week.

I don't hate on someone like you. I pity you because you find the need to fill your empty life with bullshit material accoutrements. Perhaps you'll eventually realize that this reality is just a big bullshit masquerade and ultimately no one will miss you when your worm food, regardless of how many trinkets you collect over your lifetime. Until then, keep running on that treadmill you soul-less bitch. Someone has to keep the Chinese busy.

Posted by: pb soon ()
Date: August 23, 2012 01:18AM

What about the cocksuckers who have to go out and get the latest shoes that come out,seriously what about those fuckin cocsuckers.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.